Author Topic: Hello from S.Korea  (Read 1625 times)

Offline bowji

• Came for the Keycaps, stayed for the community.
Hello from S.Korea
« on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 06:05:50 »
Hey yall,

I moved to Korea this year and got into the world of keyboard due to the country's scene of e-sports. Ive been a long time lurker of geekhack but I decided to make an account a few days ago in search for some awesome keycaps. Some specific artists has lured me into the world of customization. Hopefully I can learn from geekhack and customize my board to a jaw-dropping level.
Current goal: pimp out my ducky
Future goal: topre....

Thanks for the inspiration<3
               FREE GIRLDC!!     코리안 스레드

Offline luisbg

Re: Hello from S.Korea
« Reply #1 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 06:12:40 »
Hello bowji!

Happy typing.
Leopold FC660M - Brown mx switches - black case - white blank keys :: ErgoDox - Blue mx switches - classic case - black blank keys

Offline munch

• !
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 06:12:47 »
hello - cool, I like to think that there's a lot of nice customization options for keyboards in korea due to all the Korean Custom keyboards.
but you'd basically be looking at replacing your entire keyboard with custom parts, to get to try that.
I am sure you can try out Topre in Korea somewhere? can't be impossible to find? especially if you're in/near one of the larger cities (Seoul/Busan?)

and of course, welcome

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 08:29:51 »
welcome!
It seems you're in a good place to be since a lot of customs and stuff come from korea!
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline bowji

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 21:16:53 »
hello - cool, I like to think that there's a lot of nice customization options for keyboards in korea due to all the Korean Custom keyboards.
but you'd basically be looking at replacing your entire keyboard with custom parts, to get to try that.
I am sure you can try out Topre in Korea somewhere? can't be impossible to find? especially if you're in/near one of the larger cities (Seoul/Busan?)

and of course, welcome
Thanks! ive looked into some Korean sites and found some available topre. Ive been eyeing leopold's 660c but thats still a future goal :P

Offline bowji

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 21:18:40 »
welcome!
It seems you're in a good place to be since a lot of customs and stuff come from korea!
Hopefully, ill get a chance here to be more knowledgeable about customs  ;)

Offline Volvicsoda

• Want some soda?
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 22:00:49 »
Welcome to geekhack. :)
FC660C, Realforce 104UK-HiPro, Novatouch TKL, NMB RT101+, NMB 8755C+, BTC-5339 Cyrilic, IBM 1390131, IBM SSK,G86-52400, G80-8113,  MX-MINI, G81-3077, Skidata, Filco Camo, 3000SAG, 1724SPF, GMK C. Orange, GMK Dolch, GMK WoB, GMK TA, Filco SA...

Offline bowji

« Reply #7 on: Mon, 01 December 2014, 23:30:35 »
Thanks for all the warm welcomes <3

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #8 on: Tue, 02 December 2014, 15:31:50 »
Welcome!

Oneness with cup rubber awaits you... :thumb:
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline bowji

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 December 2014, 02:29:30 »
Welcome!

Oneness with cup rubber awaits you... :thumb:
LOL
Im still new to the mx switches, and every stroke is a delight. Im concerned, with all the rage about them, trying a topre will ruin my mx experience. Hopefully when the time comes ill be in love with both switches :P
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 13 December 2014, 05:03:41 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The FC660C is an excellent keyboard, should you choose the path to enlightenment.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ