Author Topic: The "I'm bored at work, entertain me" thread.  (Read 7355 times)

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
Re: The "I'm bored at work, entertain me" thread.
« Reply #50 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:40:50 »
TFW working the weekend.

Fun.
If you need some entertainment don't hesitate to ask. I got you.

No imgur, no youtube, no blogs, no social media... :(

And old versions of browsers. Seriously using IE9 right now, wtf.
Dang that sucks... I'm guessing someone before you abused those rights

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #51 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:43:36 »
TFW working the weekend.

Fun.
If you need some entertainment don't hesitate to ask. I got you.

No imgur, no youtube, no blogs, no social media... :(

And old versions of browsers. Seriously using IE9 right now, wtf.
Dang that sucks... I'm guessing someone before you abused those rights

The imgur may have been me... It used to work so I browsed reddit all day... Now it doesn't :$ So I create an email every day of links I want to view and send it to myself.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #52 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 09:48:19 »
At least you have geekhack. Anyways what's work for you?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #53 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 10:10:55 »
What are your thoughts on the treatment of black Americans by the police?

Also, do you believe that the Apollo moon landing really happened?

All these recent cases of mistreatment is really a shame in my opinion. There is so much blown out of proportion by the media and so many facts that aren't released it can sometimes be hard to form an opinion. I try to always keep an open mind with others and never let others sway my own opinion. There is a lot that can be done to better improve race relations in the US but it is quite beyond me as to what will really fix the issue. One thing I really want to learn more about is actually the culture of african americans keeping their peers down. I forgot where I saw it but there was a nice short piece talking about how that is really the bane of their struggle..

Also yes I believe in the moon landing.  :thumb: I can't wait until we walk on mars!

Read this article if you really are bored. Some good info about the moon landing.

http://www.davesweb.cnchost.com/Apollo1.html

Great, now I've got to be skeptical about the moon landing. :facepalm:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #54 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 10:23:24 »

I work in 24/7 monitoring at a large water company in the UK. On the weekend and nights we do IT support for the business as well. Usually Saturdays are really busy with calls and our regular daily tasks, but not today which is nice.

We do backups, batch monitoring, as well as INC management for every IS system across the entire business. 12 hour shifts but a reasonable amount of downtime between problems. Most of the time.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #55 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 10:51:47 »

All these recent cases of mistreatment is really a shame in my opinion. There is so much blown out of proportion by the media and so many facts that aren't released it can sometimes be hard to form an opinion. I try to always keep an open mind with others and never let others sway my own opinion. There is a lot that can be done to better improve race relations in the US but it is quite beyond me as to what will really fix the issue. One thing I really want to learn more about is actually the culture of african americans keeping their peers down. I forgot where I saw it but there was a nice short piece talking about how that is really the bane of their struggle..

Also yes I believe in the moon landing.  :thumb: I can't wait until we walk on mars!

Read this article if you really are bored. Some good info about the moon landing.

Don't believe the #hype

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #56 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 10:52:36 »

I work in 24/7 monitoring at a large water company in the UK. On the weekend and nights we do IT support for the business as well. Usually Saturdays are really busy with calls and our regular daily tasks, but not today which is nice.

We do backups, batch monitoring, as well as INC management for every IS system across the entire business. 12 hour shifts but a reasonable amount of downtime between problems. Most of the time.
Sounds like you get a lot of down time in between things haha. Maybe that's why you were on reddit too much lol

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #57 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 11:11:37 »

Sounds like you get a lot of down time in between things haha. Maybe that's why you were on reddit too much lol

That and the fact that I had only been in the job for a couple of months at the time :P I do a lot more now, so I probably go on GH more than reddit, but I also realised I should use incognito so my history doesn't get recorded.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #58 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 12:04:12 »

That and the fact that I had only been in the job for a couple of months at the time I do a lot more now, so I probably go on GH more than reddit, but I also realised I should use incognito so my history doesn't get recorded.
Well even in incognito the employer can still ask the isp for records. But yeah it's still less obvious haha

Offline billnye

• ability man
« Reply #59 on: Sat, 06 December 2014, 12:30:44 »

Don't believe the #hype

Don't let the government fool you my friends.

Offline iri

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 07:56:20 »
'murica wasn't on the moon? can't be! 'MURICA #1! USA! USA! USA!
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 07 December 2014, 11:41:39 »

'murica wasn't on the moon? can't be! 'MURICA #1! USA! USA! USA!

Yay, iri has seen the light!!  :D