Author Topic: What show has you hooked?  (Read 25364 times)

Offline Simplicity

Re: What show has you hooked?
« Reply #100 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 02:28:39 »
OMG

Just finished the finale of Korra.

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

So happy

So sad

Best ending to a show I've seen in ages but I'm so sad it's over.

I'm just going to go wallow in the corner of my bedroom and console myself now.

I feel for you.

I hope they release graphic novels like they did with the Avatar: The Last Airbender storyline.

I really did enjoy the ending of the Avatar television series but I think some of the fans are overhyping the confirmation of Korrasami. But I really do hope they release graphic novels, since I'm still trying to get over the fact that the avatar series is finished  :'(.

Another TV show that I just got into lately (read: just finished binge watching all the episodes over the past 2 days) is Brooklyn Nine-Nine if you're a fan of comedy shows like Parks and Rec and The Office than you should definitely give this show a look.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #101 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:04:44 »
im really enjoying new girl.

after the first episodes of season one, they toned down zooey's "quirkiness" and she became more tolerable.

other than, nothing really.
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #102 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:10:24 »
im really enjoying new girl.

after the first episodes of season one, they toned down zooey's "quirkiness" and she became more tolerable.

other than, nothing really.
yeah new girl is ok , the best episodes are the one with a little of Jess and a lot of Nick, Schmidt, Coach and Winston .
Coach addition was really great and every single episode with Tran is great .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #103 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 03:13:22 »
yeah, the less of jess is the best episodes. actually, if they got rid of her i dont think anybody would miss her.

Offline howthegodschill

« Reply #104 on: Mon, 12 January 2015, 23:50:41 »
Attack On Titan had me absolutely hooked for about three days. Definitely stayed up until 5AM one of the days. Now it's over, and I've got to wait for that and Game of Thrones to make another appearance.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #105 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 00:14:37 »
and the gods said chillllll

Offline missalaire

• Great Finder of Great Finds
« Reply #106 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 00:29:09 »
Game of Thrones
The Originals
Gotham
Ducky DK9008S2 Blue LED | Ducky DK2108S OMG | Ducky DK9008S2 White LED | Ducky YOTD | CM QuickFire TK LE | Filco MJ2 TKL custom | Trik Alu Skin Custom

Mechanical keyboards are primarily vessels for novelty keycaps...
Please do NOT PM me regarding finding deals for specific products, I do not take personal requests!

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #107 on: Tue, 13 January 2015, 01:00:41 »
Shameless  new season started a few days ago .
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline dimmu

« Reply #108 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 09:59:25 »
for those into anime, shingeki no bahamut and fate stay night: unlimited blade works are def worth checking out. extremely high quality animation.

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #109 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 10:00:52 »
Excited for the new season of Shameless!  :thumb:
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #110 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:43:49 »

I hope you mean the UK Shameless where all the seasons are out already =/

I've started to watch House of Cards with my gf and we both really like it. But when I'm on my own I am loving The League. It's pretty hilarious. Also Brooklyn 99 is ace.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #111 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:45:37 »

I've started to watch House of Cards with my gf and we both really like it. But when I'm on my own I am loving The League. It's pretty hilarious. Also Brooklyn 99 is ace.

jenny <3

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #112 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:47:10 »

jenny <3

Oh God yes.

Offline Nover

« Reply #113 on: Wed, 14 January 2015, 14:52:12 »
Banshee (Has it really not been mentioned in this thread before?)
Game of Thrones
Suits
Person of Interest
SSK, Ducky YOTD

Offline iri

« Reply #114 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 02:11:40 »
watched a couple episodes of "new girl". liking it so far. though feeling sorry that those characters, aged ~35, are so poor that they have to share an apartment in a building that looks like an average russian toilet paper factory.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #115 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 02:17:51 »
watched a couple episodes of "new girl". liking it so far. though feeling sorry that those characters, aged ~35, are so poor that they have to share an apartment in a building that looks like an average russian toilet paper factory.

New girl is ok, if you can stand Zoey, she's not the most interesting character of the show.

Shameless(US) Season5 is a blast, I seriously consider it the best TV show currently airing.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #116 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 08:07:00 »
I finished 'bored to death' last week which was a pretty fun and short ride and now I'm finally watching through 'curb your enthusiasm'
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline slip84

• GUYDUDE MAGICIAN
« Reply #117 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 08:16:36 »

I found that show surprisingly funny after you get past the whole "LOOK AT ZOOEY, ISN'T SHE QUIRKY AND FUNNY, LOOK AT HER!!!" mentality. They keep jokes going and the characters are actually developed decently, though they're certainly extraordinary extremes.

Either way, pretty funny.

Currently, I'm watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which is way funnier than I anticipated. Quite well written.

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #118 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 08:18:37 »

I found that show surprisingly funny after you get past the whole "LOOK AT ZOOEY, ISN'T SHE QUIRKY AND FUNNY, LOOK AT HER!!!" mentality. They keep jokes going and the characters are actually developed decently, though they're certainly extraordinary extremes.

Currently, I'm watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, which is way funnier than I anticipated. Quite well written.

Brooklyn 9-9 is one of those I'm watching because its there. I can't decide if I actually like it or not, but I keep watching it.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #119 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 11:06:38 »
Hooked on Flash and Arrow.
I finished Season 1 of Arrow and almost done with 2.... and it only took me 2-3 days :P
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #120 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 11:51:52 »
Rewatching Sopranos and than I'm finishing up Miami vice while I'm waiting for the next season of Game of Thrones.
eh o well

Offline iri

« Reply #121 on: Thu, 19 February 2015, 03:52:26 »

Deschanel's character is very annoying even though she isn't as ****ty an actor add I thought. It's mostly about the others for me. Especially Winston.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #122 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:02:38 »
My wife started going through the show Revenge on netflix and it isn't so bad, I'd never have even given it a chance if she hadn't started watching it.

Offline daerid

• Rossipedia
« Reply #123 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:07:29 »
I hate to admit it, but I'm currently binge-ing on Vampire Diaries. I'm a sucker for that crap (huuuuuuuge Buffy fan).

Offline mauri

« Reply #124 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:16:24 »
I hate to admit it, but I'm currently binge-ing on Vampire Diaries. I'm a sucker for that crap (huuuuuuuge Buffy fan).

ought to check the originals too then what i hear its a spin off or some ****
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #125 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:44:46 »
So my wife decided it would be a great weekend for her and our son to go spend the weekend on her parent's farm... Just in time for the new season of HOUSE OF CARDS!!   I'll get to watch the entire season without my son (who is awesome, but 6) interrupting   :cool:

All of her sisters live out in the country still, she is the only one that moved 'to the city' lol.  So he has a blast with all of his cousins out there.

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #126 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:46:48 »
I've also been enjoying The Flash and Scandal.. and looking forward to the new season of The Following

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #127 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 10:47:50 »
So my wife decided it would be a great weekend for her and our son to go spend the weekend on her parent's farm... Just in time for the new season of HOUSE OF CARDS!!   I'll get to watch the entire season without my son (who is awesome, but 6) interrupting   :cool:

All of her sisters live out in the country still, she is the only one that moved 'to the city' lol.  So he has a blast with all of his cousins out there.

:cool:  Should be a good weekend.   :D

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #128 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:09:44 »

:cool:  Should be a good weekend.   :D

Peace and quiet will be nice!  Maybe I'll get to play a few games too, lol.

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #129 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 11:20:25 »
I finished Season 1 of Arrow and almost done with 2.... and it only took me 2-3 days
I've been hooked as well, but have missed the past couple weeks. I really need to catch up.

Offline pichu23

• ୧༼ಠ益ಠ༽୨ FITE ME
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • ʕ ͡·ᴥ ͡· ʔ
« Reply #130 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 05:34:35 »
I finished Season 1 of Arrow and almost done with 2.... and it only took me 2-3 days
I've been hooked as well, but have missed the past couple weeks. I really need to catch up.

eh don't worry, the next episode for both of those will only be out in 2 weeks time from now.
Which is bad for me.... no show to watch during dinner T_T
Collection(s) : Ducky Shine 2 TKL x Poker II x 62g FaceW x 62g Gateron Black GON NerD TKL x 65g Z GON NerD 60

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #131 on: Sun, 01 March 2015, 05:46:50 »
Been catching up on Face Off, it's a reality show from the SyFy channel that has special effects make up artists competing against each other each week. Really good show if you're interested in that sort of thing, I've always had a fascination with creature movies so I love it.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #132 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 01:07:25 »
I've been hooked on Orphan Black recently.  I got really pissed on when I looked up information on Season 2, Episode 5 though.  Apparently the consensus is that an involuntary sex scene that happened isn't rape even though the character that is demanding sex with the other is in a position of power of him and has literally threatened to kill him if he doesn't do what she tells him to do.  ****ing double standards.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #133 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 07:21:10 »
I've been binge watching House recently, but I really want to watch more House of Cards :( my gf want to watch it with me but she's wont watch the episodes she's behind on :(

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #134 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 02:03:57 »
So, Danger 5 is pretty amazing.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #135 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 03:15:07 »
So, Danger 5 is pretty amazing.
Show Image

I watched the first episode and couldn't go on. It felt like one of these annoying people who goes lol, I'm so random and quirky, aren't I hilarious?

Offline mauri

« Reply #136 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 05:39:43 »
Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt and Backstrom have been good  :thumb:

Bears, beets, Battlestar Galactica
I AM BABAR KING OF THE ELEPHANTS

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #137 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 05:43:41 »
lately:
- Vikings
- Better call Saul
- Shameless(US) => favorite show

Got to start house of cards whenver I'll have a time to binge watch it.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline baldgye

• Will Smith Disciple
« Reply #138 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 05:52:58 »
I've been binge watching House recently, but I really want to watch more House of Cards :( my gf want to watch it with me but she's wont watch the episodes she's behind on :(

Bit rude!
I've also been binge watching House, watched it all when it came out but watching it again made me remember how funny a lot of it is.

Last night watched about 4 episodes of Better Call Saul, which confused and annoyed me. 1, what the **** I thought this was suppose to be set after Breaking Bad, not in some other universe. 2, what the **** it's on Netflix but still hasn't been finished so I can't watch it all start to finish! >.>

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #139 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 05:56:32 »
Just watched the GoT series' for like the 6th time to catch up when s5 starts.

I enjoy Walking Dead too. Although lately it's more **** than ever and it has nothing on the comics. Me and the other half still enjoy it together though.

Dunno whether to start watching Sons of Anarchy, Vikings or Spartacus. Was going to start Gotham but I decided that it looked terrible.
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #140 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 06:01:26 »
Just watched the GoT series' for like the 6th time to catch up when s5 starts.

I enjoy Walking Dead too. Although lately it's more **** than ever and it has nothing on the comics. Me and the other half still enjoy it together though.

Dunno whether to start watching Sons of Anarchy, Vikings or Spartacus. Was going to start Gotham but I decided that it looked terrible.
3 great shows I love.
so watch all three of them !
I'd start with Spartacus.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #141 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 06:02:45 »
Awesome. Shall start downloading it on my phone now to watch on the bus to and from work. :D
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
« Reply #142 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:42:51 »

Bit rude!
I've also been binge watching House, watched it all when it came out but watching it again made me remember how funny a lot of it is.

Last night watched about 4 episodes of Better Call Saul, which confused and annoyed me. 1, what the **** I thought this was suppose to be set after Breaking Bad, not in some other universe. 2, what the **** it's on Netflix but still hasn't been finished so I can't watch it all start to finish! >.>

I know... She's finally finished the first season...

It is, but it is repetitive. I still like it though. Hugh Laurie is VERY funny.

It's set before :P Not in another universe, just before BrBa. I don't understand the weekly release either, they released all the 3rd season of HoC, why not Saul too... IDK.

Offline vindaon

« Reply #143 on: Wed, 11 March 2015, 23:55:11 »
Just caught up to Better Call Saul today. First few were decent, but the latest episode was amazing. Mike was already one of the best characters in BrBa and his origin story just added onto that. Jonathan Banks just killed it with his acting too.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #144 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 00:04:17 »
Girls gone wild

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #145 on: Thu, 12 March 2015, 00:10:59 »

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #146 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:48:44 »
Last nights Walking Dead was soooo good.

Offline vindaon

« Reply #147 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:51:08 »
THE WIRE

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #148 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 16:52:15 »
Last nights Walking Dead was soooo good.

Every episode is good.

But if Daryl dies, we riot.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline NoblesseOblige

« Reply #149 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 21:09:58 »
Finally got around to start watching Breaking Bad last week. Just finished season 4 and should be done with the whole series by the weekend. Glad I somehow managed to avoid spoilers.