Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 358149 times)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: Car Thread
« Reply #2900 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 09:20:02 »
?
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2019, 22:20:50 by Snowdog993 »
If you want to see pictures you can go here: http://snowdog993.imgur.com

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2901 on: Wed, 25 September 2019, 09:21:42 »
Currently looking at a new company car but having a hard time to decide on what to buy. Belgian tax regulations are changing next year and to have the car still be somewhat deductible, I'd have to buy a (PH)EV... Tesla Model 3 or Polestar 2 is looking mighty interesting.

But on the other hand, I'd love something that says vroom.

Rs6 avant says vroom
No, heís not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2902 on: Fri, 27 September 2019, 12:20:01 »
...hard time to decide on what to buy. Belgian tax regulations are changing next year and to have the car still be somewhat deductible

I'm concerned I guess... Tax concerning cars in Belgium are region-dependent that said (for example Wallonie has a CO2 tax while Brussels doesnt and, say, the age to be considered an oldtimer is different in the north than in the south: 25 years + transition period vs 30).

What is changing next year? Does it have something to do with tax deduction when you buy in the name of a company?
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2903 on: Fri, 04 October 2019, 09:48:33 »
?
« Last Edit: Wed, 16 October 2019, 22:20:38 by Snowdog993 »

Offline whinmeister

« Reply #2904 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:55:00 »
What are your thoughts about the new Toyota Zupra? Get it? ;)

Offline yuppie

« Reply #2905 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 15:58:58 »
I got a Tesla Model 3 a few weeks ago and have been loving it. The ride is so quiet and smooth, comparable to a BMW. Handling is responsive and can even be adjusted.

Charging is take a little bit of getting used to; I'm having to charge every other day or every 3 days, which is a slight change from ICE cars. However, the whole experience has been wonderful and I can't see myself going back to a gas car in the future.
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4

Current Trades -- Wishlist

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #2906 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 16:31:31 »

They look really nice up close. Sad they arenít manual. Even worse is the 20k mark up Iíve seen.
No, heís not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline dgneo

• Supervillain
  • * Curator
« Reply #2907 on: Mon, 07 October 2019, 18:09:19 »
 :blank:
« Last Edit: Tue, 08 October 2019, 14:45:23 by dgneo »
14KT Gold Slum Computer Wizard

Offline iri

« Reply #2908 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 05:11:19 »
Charging is take a little bit of getting used to; I'm having to charge every other day or every 3 days, which is a slight change from ICE cars.
Saves time on getting to a petrol station and standing outside the car holding the nozzle.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2909 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 09:00:49 »
Rs6 avant says vroom

I'd pay taxes up the wazzoo sadly :(

...hard time to decide on what to buy. Belgian tax regulations are changing next year and to have the car still be somewhat deductible

I'm concerned I guess... Tax concerning cars in Belgium are region-dependent that said (for example Wallonie has a CO2 tax while Brussels doesnt and, say, the age to be considered an oldtimer is different in the north than in the south: 25 years + transition period vs 30).

What is changing next year? Does it have something to do with tax deduction when you buy in the name of a company?

Right now, EV's are 120% deductible and most ICE vehicles 75%. Next year they're changing it to a formula: 120% - (co2 * 0.5 * fuelCoefficient). The fuelCoefficient is .95 for gas and 1 for diesel. So say you have a diesel car that has 120g/km co2 exhaust, it'll only be 60% deductible.

I got a Tesla Model 3 a few weeks ago and have been loving it. The ride is so quiet and smooth, comparable to a BMW. Handling is responsive and can even be adjusted.

Charging is take a little bit of getting used to; I'm having to charge every other day or every 3 days, which is a slight change from ICE cars. However, the whole experience has been wonderful and I can't see myself going back to a gas car in the future.
Doing a test drive with a Model 3 this Friday. I've rented a Model S a couple times in the past and they were amazing.
pls gief bbv2

Offline yuppie

« Reply #2910 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 10:50:55 »

Doing a test drive with a Model 3 this Friday. I've rented a Model S a couple times in the past and they were amazing.
[/quote]

The Model S is beautiful, it's just quite expensive. Starting at $70k, it's comparable to a lot of other sports cars out there, although the other ones don't drive themselves.  :cool:
"Overall, it's a good community..  wish you well on your Pokemon Journey.." - TP4

Current Trades -- Wishlist

Online Sniping

« Reply #2911 on: Tue, 08 October 2019, 14:18:59 »

Looks kinda sweet but it's pricey. I think you could have fun for less money. I don't see it as a good daily, it'd probably be just alright with the limited space for passengers and cargo.
the best keyboard is the one in front of you

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2912 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 14:47:18 »
The Model S is beautiful, it's just quite expensive. Starting at $70k, it's comparable to a lot of other sports cars out there, although the other ones don't drive themselves.  :cool:

The S is indeed amazing. But don't know if I can or want to afford it. The test drive with the Model 3 was a lot of fun. Really tempted... What Model 3 version do you have? We test drove one with the performance upgrade. I'm wondering how much difference there is with the regular long range model.
« Last Edit: Fri, 11 October 2019, 14:48:52 by Brammm87 »
pls gief bbv2

Offline whinmeister

« Reply #2913 on: Fri, 11 October 2019, 20:11:01 »
Folks that own the Model 3 have nothing but good things to say about it. Even Model S folks say it drives much better as it has more tuned suspension. With the performance package, the Model 3 is very fast. Of course, that'll cut into the how long the battery last.

Offline Nerd

• Nerd (Aka Alex) Aka Garbage. Sister: @sintpinty
    • My Youtube channel!
« Reply #2914 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 11:03:13 »
Where are all the car fanatics on GH?

While cars aren't typically a geeky thing, there are so many different makes, models, mods, tunability potential in different cars that I consider it to be.  ^-^

Personally some of my favorites (so you get an idea of what I like):
E30 M3
E46 M3
Lancia Intergrale Evo II
R34 Skyline GT-R

I wish i could get a pontiac 74.
G-Wagen (with appropriate offroad mods)

While I don't really care for expensive exotics, I really love impressive cars that got great handling and balance (power as well), and incredibly capable ones such as the G-Wagen that can handle many terrains.

What does everyone like? Feel free to post whatever you want, as there are so many different types of cars (trucks), and it would be cool to see what everyone's preferences are  :thumb:
"The world's nerdiest nerd that loves Youtube."

Consider subscribing to my channel, TanookiAlex. That would be greatly appreciated, thank you! Link is: Youtube.com/c/tanookialex.

*  Subscriber Goal - 735/1000 *

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2915 on: Tue, 15 October 2019, 21:44:49 »
Q: Which car is best?

A:

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
« Reply #2916 on: Wed, 16 October 2019, 22:21:50 »

A:
Show Image

I gave up trying to figure it out. You must be right.

Offline iri

« Reply #2917 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 07:02:15 »

A:
Show Image

Mmmmmm... No.
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2918 on: Thu, 17 October 2019, 13:10:00 »
Had a second test drive with the Model 3 today. Will probably be ordering the Performance one as soon as the quote from the bank comes back.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2919 on: Fri, 29 November 2019, 16:24:14 »
Not much happened here since my last post except this:

pls gief bbv2

Offline iri

« Reply #2920 on: Sat, 30 November 2019, 14:10:03 »
Is that your new company car Bram?

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2921 on: Wed, 18 December 2019, 09:08:51 »
Is that your new company car Bram?
It is. Taking it to a detailer end of this year to have the windows tinted and do a chrome delete.
pls gief bbv2

Offline Blisren

« Reply #2922 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 08:31:11 »
Hello,
What is the best car insurance in Singapore ? This one https://www.axa.com.sg/car-insurance ?
« Last Edit: Sat, 04 January 2020, 10:12:56 by Blisren »

Online Sniping

« Reply #2923 on: Tue, 24 December 2019, 11:01:56 »
Hello,
What is the best car insurance in Singapore ?

Interesting first post...do you guys have car insurance brokers? That's how I ended up finding the best insurance plan for me
the best keyboard is the one in front of you