Author Topic: Car Thread  (Read 376483 times)

Offline bliss

Re: Car Thread
« Reply #2950 on: Sun, 19 April 2020, 03:53:12 »
I also really love Doug's channel. I just wish he made vintage car videos (30s-60s), even if it was just once a month. Its not going to be as popular as a new Ferrari, but cmon I wanna see a C2 corvette or something.

My fave vid is also the Lancia Delta Integrale. Well, its my dream car, so Im biased.

Had a test drive with a Delta Integrale when the 16V version came out

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My father was regular customer at the car dealership at the time. They also had an autograph session with Franz Wittmann there :thumb:

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • The KOTM guy
« Reply #2951 on: Thu, 23 April 2020, 08:40:32 »
Curious what the GH opinions are on the Range Rover Sport SVR vs the Jeep Trackhawk

All new Range Rovers are trash. They're terribly made.

If you want to do anything more than check the fluid levels you have to separate the body from the chassis. Plus their dealerships are seemingly useless, unable and unwilling to fix any problems with them.
Keyboard of the Month - May- Nominations

Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram|

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
  • The sun god and destroyer of worlds
    • My promotion link
« Reply #2952 on: Mon, 27 April 2020, 20:37:28 »
Curious what the GH opinions are on the Range Rover Sport SVR vs the Jeep Trackhawk

All new Range Rovers are trash. They're terribly made.

If you want to do anything more than check the fluid levels you have to separate the body from the chassis. Plus their dealerships are seemingly useless, unable and unwilling to fix any problems with them.

Why do people buy range rovers anyways ? Boggles me

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My promotion link
« Reply #2953 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 12:28:41 »
Photo of mustang here:

How does it look

Offline iri

« Reply #2954 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 15:29:43 »
What's this wiring in the front of the car?
(...)Whereas back then I wrote about the tyranny of the majority, today I'd combine that with the tyranny of the minorities. These days, you have to be careful of both. They both want to control you. The first group, by making you do the same thing over and over again. The second group is indicated by the letters I get from the Vassar girls who want me to put more women's lib in The Martian Chronicles, or from blacks who want more black people in Dandelion Wine.
I say to both bunches, Whether you're a majority or minority, bug off! To hell with anybody who wants to tell me what to write. Their society breaks down into subsections of minorities who then, in effect, burn books by banning them. All this political correctness that's rampant on campuses is b.s.

-Ray Bradbury

Offline Sniping

« Reply #2955 on: Tue, 28 April 2020, 23:36:39 »

lol
the best keyboard is the one in front of you

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My promotion link
« Reply #2956 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 16:32:14 »

Idk what you mean

Offline TacticalCoder

« Reply #2957 on: Wed, 29 April 2020, 17:54:49 »

Idk what you mean

He's kidding about the quick edit of the license plate: makes it look like some sort of weird wiring.  Very good looking Mustang.
HHKB Pro JP (daily driver) -- HHKB Pro 2 -- Industrial IBM Model M 1395240-- NIB Cherry MX 5000 - IBM Model M 1391412 (Swiss QWERTZ) -- IBM Model M 1391403 (German QWERTZ) * 2 -- IBM Model M Ambra -- Black IBM Model M M13 -- IBM Model M 1391401 -- IBM Model M 139? ? ? *2 -- Dell AT102W -- Ergo (split) SmartBoard (white ALPS apparently)

Offline Sintpinty

• Carbon Based Life Form
    • My promotion link
« Reply #2958 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 07:30:45 »

Idk what you mean

He's kidding about the quick edit of the license plate: makes it look like some sort of weird wiring.  Very good looking Mustang.

thx

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2959 on: Fri, 01 May 2020, 08:40:14 »
A few years ago I had a next-door neighbor with a similar Mustang, a 1968 Fastback, burgundy color. One-owner, he had bought it new in 1968, and kept it all original, even down to a Ford battery.

After the first few years, he had kept it in the garage all the time and only brought it out on sunny Saturday afternoons.
You know, my uncle was a great person. He was at MIT. He taught at MIT for, I think, like a record number of years. He was a great super genius. Dr. John Trump. I like this stuff. I really get it. People are surprised that I understand it. Every one of these doctors said, 'How do you know so much about this?' Maybe I have a natural ability. Maybe I should have done that instead of running for president. Donald Trump at the CDC 2020-03-07

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. This strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'" Isaac Asimov 1980

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2960 on: Sun, 03 May 2020, 23:09:20 »
Always been a huge Lancia fan, especially the Stratos, and this New Stratos is actually really really nice. Beautiful and true to the original, while still updating the mechanics and look to a more modern song.
Beautiful ****in' car, a shame the only people who will ever own one will never drive them and keep them locked in barns and garages like chained slaves. Those people can go to Hell!

Very rare, very expensive, very beautiful, and to own one you need to sacrifice a Ferrari 430 Scuderia.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2961 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 04:42:05 »
One of the greatest interiors ever crafted for any interior in the history of automobiles. Totally gauche, but somehow it all works beautifully. And that skeleton shift is the bees tits!

Offline Brammm87

« Reply #2962 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 07:46:30 »
Always been a huge Lancia fan, especially the Stratos, and this New Stratos is actually really really nice. Beautiful and true to the original, while still updating the mechanics and look to a more modern song.
Beautiful ****in' car, a shame the only people who will ever own one will never drive them and keep them locked in barns and garages like chained slaves. Those people can go to Hell!

Very rare, very expensive, very beautiful, and to own one you need to sacrifice a Ferrari 430 Scuderia.
Holy ****, that thing is **** ugly  :)) To each their own luckily.

I mean...

It tries to have the cockpit of a Koenigsegg, the tail end of a Mustang and I don't even know what the front is about. Maybe it's lens distortion or whatever, but the proportions seem to be completely out of whack as well.
« Last Edit: Mon, 04 May 2020, 07:48:20 by Brammm87 »
pls gief bbv2

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #2963 on: Mon, 04 May 2020, 07:53:54 »

Holy ****, that thing is **** ugly  :)) To each their own luckily.

I mean...
Show Image

It tries to have the cockpit of a Koenigsegg, the tail end of a Mustang and I don't even know what the front is about. Maybe it's lens distortion or whatever, but the proportions seem to be completely out of whack as well.

I mean, you are aware of the original Stratos' wheelbase right? Aside from popup headlights it's pretty dead-on. Perhaps you just think the Stratos originale is ugly, but that's the way it's supposed to look. It's a rally monster, one of the best ever.