Author Topic: bidding adieu to my first board and very bad floods  (Read 1228 times)

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
bidding adieu to my first board and very bad floods
« on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 13:36:17 »
Other states in my country is having a really bad flood.

Houses lost; floods 3 to even 4 storeys high.

Prelude: Let me friend to have my WASD v2 tkl to play with since he hasn't tried mechanical keyboards and he was affected by the flood.

Not to make the flood sound petty because a keyboard was lost but that's my first.

Oh well, hope the victims will be strong about this.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3451580

The link above is an update of what's happening currently in a local forum from my place. You might need to google translate a few things though.

Edit: I wish I've a rescue team or something that I can help out.

Few of my friend's case modding workshop is severely affected because of this. Not to mention their client's stuff.

The worst thing is, there isn't any electricity to run a hospital. Backup batteries were used. I hope all of these ends soon.

« Last Edit: Fri, 26 December 2014, 14:17:42 by zennasyndroxx »

Offline JaccoW

• Fire Typer!!
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Keyboard is Lava!
Re: bidding adieu to my first board and very bad floods
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 17:19:10 »
Damn. Malaysia was hit hard again hasn't it?

Good luck to everybody out there.

EDIT: With a 75m (!) water level rise I assume it was a very mountainous area? Water having nowhere to go except pile up in the valleys.
« Last Edit: Fri, 26 December 2014, 17:33:42 by JaccoW »
|||Daily driver: Duck Orion TKL
|||My other keyboards :
More
|||The Original|Home|Work|Numpad|Play|Endgame|Keycaps
x
|Déck Legend Frost|Keycool 87 LE|Leopold FC660M|FC 210TP|Raptor K1 Gaming|Duck Orion TKL|My keycaps & sets
|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics|Pics

|||Want to know what Keycap stores there are? Check out my Keyboard Pearltree and my (FS/FT/WTB) thread

Offline zennasyndroxx

• It's good to be back!
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 09:18:09 »
Damn. Malaysia was hit hard again hasn't it?

Good luck to everybody out there.

EDIT: With a 75m (!) water level rise I assume it was a very mountainous area? Water having nowhere to go except pile up in the valleys.

yeah. it sucks to see people's lives just crushed lie that. and yes, the water flowed from the mountains, supposedly they should flow to the rivers but it's too much.

and i can't really fathom to the people who would relate anything political to this incident. i guess idiots are everyeffingwhere.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 28 December 2014, 08:45:58 »
Other states in my country is having a really bad flood.

Houses lost; floods 3 to even 4 storeys high.

Prelude: Let me friend to have my WASD v2 tkl to play with since he hasn't tried mechanical keyboards and he was affected by the flood.

Not to make the flood sound petty because a keyboard was lost but that's my first.

Oh well, hope the victims will be strong about this.

https://forum.lowyat.net/topic/3451580

The link above is an update of what's happening currently in a local forum from my place. You might need to google translate a few things though.

Edit: I wish I've a rescue team or something that I can help out.

Few of my friend's case modding workshop is severely affected because of this. Not to mention their client's stuff.

The worst thing is, there isn't any electricity to run a hospital. Backup batteries were used. I hope all of these ends soon.

You live in Kelantan????

:eek:

Who says there are no political things to say about this flooding?

All my life Kelantan has flooded every monsoon season. There is a lot that could have been done to diminish the problem, but the government in Malaysia prefers to focus on race, religion, hate and chauvinism a la 1930s Germany/ 1950s South Africa. I am surprised they didn't blame the floods on 'immigrants' or 'threats to Islam' or 'Zionist plots'.

That said, it takes wayyyy too much effort, investment, and political will to solve a widespread problem like this. If Malaysia really invested in a Tennessee Valley-like solution like what the United States did, the rewards would be awesome. It would supply clean water, electricity, etc to its most backward state, and vastly improve the lives of Kelantanese. Unfortunately since the 1980s the Muslim Fundamentalists of Kelantan have been feuding with the Malay Ultranationalists of the West Coast, and nothing has been done for 30 years. They're still talking about Islamic law and amputating hands. I can't believe it, 30 years on the same topics!

My knowledge on this is doubtless much less than yours, but IIRC the only step forward Kelantan has taken since the 1970s was to ban the sale of turtle eggs for environmental reasons. So I haven't had them for maybe 35 years...

Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.