Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1563 times)

Offline yiajiipamu

Hello
« on: Fri, 26 December 2014, 15:37:23 »
Hey, I've had an account here for a while but haven't done anything with it, decided I should start contributing and discussing here. I have an HHKB Pro 2 in white with blank keycaps, a unicomp classic 101 in beige, a Filco Majestouch 1 with browns, a Quickfire TK with blues, and a bunch of old keyboards that don't work anymore like a wyse with blacks and what I believe to be an Apple M0110. Favorite keyboard I have is probably the HHKB but I often switch off between that and the Filco. I rarely use the Quickfire just because I'm rarely in the mood for blues.

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 09:12:20 »
Welcome back to GH! :cool:

That's quite a collection you have there!

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 27 December 2014, 09:57:39 »
Wecome to GH!

nice collection! have some pics to share?
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 29 December 2014, 04:07:45 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Have you any plans to revive those old keyboards?

If not, you might be able to sell some of them (once you reach the modest requirements to start a classifieds thread, that is).
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yiajiipamu

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 11:17:08 »
Here are some pictures. Sorry it took so long I was really busy for the past couple of days. The Filco currently has the rainbow keycaps cause I got them off of massdrop and the WYSE has the keycaps from my Filco right now cause I use the WYSE's original keycaps on my Filco occasionally and I needed a way to store the Filco keycaps. The one that looks like a Model M but has the bigass enter key is a Keytronic which actually feels insanely nice for a rubber dome but it's all ****ed up and the cord has been cut. The last one is the Apple keyboard I have.

Offline yiajiipamu

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 11:20:36 »
Huh, Whenever I try to post while attaching the image files nothing happens. Does anybody know why? And also I didn't really have plans to revive them mostly because that apple board feels like garbage to type on for me. It's insanely hard and feels really really unrefined. I also don't really feel like selling them just cause I like having these old keyboards.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 02 January 2015, 18:35:10 »
Try attaching one image at a time.  Select the image, then select how you want the image to appear in your post (I usually use "Inline full-size image", like this one):

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline yiajiipamu

« Reply #7 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 01:08:03 »
Oh, thanks.86271-0

Offline yiajiipamu

« Reply #8 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 01:09:04 »
Here's the apple keyboard if anyone wants to confirm the model.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Sun, 04 January 2015, 23:46:47 »
Picture success!

Nice collection :)

Offline yiajiipamu

« Reply #10 on: Mon, 05 January 2015, 23:50:04 »
Hooray! Sorry about how bad the picture quality is especially in the first one. I had no idea till I uploaded it.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #11 on: Tue, 06 January 2015, 03:02:39 »
Don't worry too much about it - at least you have pictures!

There are a few threads about photography around here, if you were thinking of honing your photography skills.  Also threads about cameras :)

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #12 on: Thu, 08 January 2015, 09:05:33 »
nice stuff! i look forward to better pics XD
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition