Author Topic: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA (Shipping Corrections)  (Read 328566 times)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
Re: [GB] "Hack'd by Geeks" Keyset - Full Contour SA
« Reply #350 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 18:32:57 »
German efficiency, now only if we could get shipping companies in the US to work the same way.

At least you guys actually make something on your home soil compared to my country, that makes absolutely nothing, it's so embarrassing telling someone where I'm from.  Usually lie about that so as to avoid being shamed and ridiculed by everyone from other advanced nations.

Be proud you make anything and have something to ship worldwide, compared to us lot here in pathetic Convict Town  :-[ .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #351 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 18:36:36 »
German efficiency, now only if we could get shipping companies in the US to work the same way.

At least you guys actually make something on your home soil compared to my country, that makes absolutely nothing, it's so embarrassing telling someone where I'm from.  Usually lie about that so as to avoid being shamed and ridiculed by everyone from other advanced nations.

Be proud you make anything and have something to ship worldwide, compared to us lot here in pathetic Convict Town  :-[ .

There's one guy (on GH) does keyboard repairs in Australia.

I thought that was a pretty big thing when it happened :eek:
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #352 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 19:50:53 »

I thought that was a pretty big thing when it happened :o

Rowdy, he's doing it as a crafts-person not as a certified Manufacturer that is hiring a full time staff and offering superannuation to boot.  There are loads of people here on Geekhack offering their services as well but they definitely are not "Corporations" paying appropriate taxes and whatnot.

Trust me our nation fell down the sewer pipe a long time ago maybe around the late 1980's when every successive government elected thought is was fine to destroy any manufacturing on home soil.  It's still happening even with the current moron in Canberra, he's so pathetic it's almost some sort of a bad comedy script written by some choady-licking, doochbag  >:( .

Sorry to rant but that's what Elrick stands for, the bagman of bugleland  8) .

Offline PunksDead

• hspernks
  • keyboard poser
« Reply #353 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 20:00:32 »
I truly cannot wait for this buy to end so the ball gets rolling on the sets being made, very excited for this one
don't come to my funeral, there wont be one

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #354 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 20:06:52 »
Need moar orders. Hurry people haha
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #355 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 20:40:42 »

I thought that was a pretty big thing when it happened :o

Rowdy, he's doing it as a crafts-person not as a certified Manufacturer that is hiring a full time staff and offering superannuation to boot.  There are loads of people here on Geekhack offering their services as well but they definitely are not "Corporations" paying appropriate taxes and whatnot.

Trust me our nation fell down the sewer pipe a long time ago maybe around the late 1980's when every successive government elected thought is was fine to destroy any manufacturing on home soil.  It's still happening even with the current moron in Canberra, he's so pathetic it's almost some sort of a bad comedy script written by some choady-licking, doochbag  >:( .

Sorry to rant but that's what Elrick stands for, the bagman of bugleland  8) .
I can tell you right now that Australia is in a much better economical position than the Philippines.

Offline ShardZer0

« Reply #356 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 20:49:58 »
Depending on how this Bro Caps sale goes for me, I may have the funds to get in on this sweet set.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #357 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 20:59:42 »

I keep thinking if I bought a second set I could have them on my jd40 AND my full size at the same time.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #358 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 21:26:33 »

I keep thinking if I bought a second set I could have them on my jd40 AND my full size at the same time.

Exactly.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #359 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 21:42:57 »
Depending on how this Bro Caps sale goes for me, I may have the funds to get in on this sweet set.

That's the spirit, these Full-Contours won't be re-made ever again once SP receives the orders and payments.  Got to shake every money jar, lift up every floor board and hunt around the closet looking for spare change that might of fallen out.

You miss this key-set you aint no Geek here on this forum.  You'll be hanging your head in shame if you missed this Group Buy for 2015, which is truly FANTASTIC  :o .

Offline mjolnerd

« Reply #360 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 23:04:29 »
Anyone happen to know whether the studs on the spacebar will line up with goofy stabilizer spacing on a Leopold FC660M?  Having that issue currently with the Eve set I ordered from SP recently.  Thanks!

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #361 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 23:19:12 »
Anyone happen to know whether the studs on the spacebar will line up with goofy stabilizer spacing on a Leopold FC660M?  Having that issue currently with the Eve set I ordered from SP recently.  Thanks!

Likely not. Nothing really fits the spacing on the leopold boards, AFAIK.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #362 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 23:37:41 »
Yeah, that's something you have to live with when you buy a Leopold.

in memoriam

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #363 on: Tue, 03 February 2015, 23:38:50 »

You could hack off the mounts with an exacto knife and remount them with some super glue haha.

As much I like the FC660 layout, the fact that it has two 1.75 shifts and the wonky leopold space bar mounts is such a turn off if your're into buying keycaps.. But thanks to massdrop it's popularity is surging. Don't get me wrong though it is a SOLID board in both topre and mx versions.

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #364 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:09:31 »
I'm out of **** to sell for funding! Could I interest you in a kidney?
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #365 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:25:05 »

I hear you can make good tips delivering pizza. ;)

in memoriam

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #366 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:27:51 »

LOL my first job was at a Pizza Hut, and the drivers did make better money than the managers  :))

I'll just go sell my body on the corner, I can do that late at night once I get home from my day job...
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #367 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 00:32:29 »

LOL my first job was at a Pizza Hut, and the drivers did make better money than the managers  :))

I'll just go sell my body on the corner, I can do that late at night once I get home from my day job...

That's the spirit! Elrick would be so proud. :D

If you need a little extra time to come up with the money, Bunny has been known once or twice to possibly stretch a deadline if you ask him nicely.

in memoriam

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #368 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 02:11:53 »
That's the spirit! Elrick would be so proud. :D

If you need a little extra time to come up with the money, Bunny has been known once or twice to possibly stretch a deadline if you ask him nicely.

Bloody Oath Pal  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

This is were the average Geekhacker becomes a very serious contender to being a hard-core addict.  Like all addicts nothing gets in your way, absolutely nothing at all.

You've got those that do the talk and those that front up and this Group Buy exposes the weak talkers verses the hard core realists, that never back down regardless.  You've got to be really serious when buying this Key-set so stand up and be proud to become an official Geekhack Keyboard collector using one of the most decent Profiles ever made by Signature Plastics  8) .

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #369 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 02:25:51 »
 :eek: Elrick stop it, you are going to make me buy more than one set even if I have no funds LOL. I have to sell some items before I can buy one but I'm trying to rush it

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #370 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 03:14:05 »
:o Elrick stop it, you are going to make me buy more than one set even if I have no funds LOL. I have to sell some items before I can buy one but I'm trying to rush it

Relax Synjin you've got plenty of time, about 10 days or so left on the clock.  You can still shake some money from your girlfriend (or boyfriend) they'll help out when needed, also get a loan from your parents or sister, pay them back with interest when you've sent through your order.

You can make money especially if you are willing to let go of some cherished gear in the For Sale section here because there will always be people wanting what you've got.  Later if you still lament selling anything come back here and re-buy it again off the person you sold it too (but do expect to pay far more for it).
« Last Edit: Wed, 04 February 2015, 04:53:51 by Elrick »

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #371 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 04:24:10 »
I have a new sig
Which is appropriate here
Wallet hack is real
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #372 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 05:24:27 »
I am waiting a bit on this one to see if I really want it. But after the holdup I have done in the Bro sale, I'll just buy it straight I think.

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #373 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 18:09:10 »
I am waiting a bit on this one to see if I really want it. But after the holdup I have done in the Bro sale, I'll just buy it straight I think.

My Paypal payment went through yesterday so I'm up to date with all my payments within this Group Buy.

I'll be damned to HELL if I missed this one for 2015,  would rather be a crack-ho then miss out on this CTRL/ALT exclusive  8) .

Offline zah

« Reply #374 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 21:08:03 »
extremely excited to slap this on a novatouch

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #375 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 21:34:10 »

Same here. I've heard a lot of good things about Novatouch + SA
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #376 on: Wed, 04 February 2015, 22:50:14 »

Don't forget when they arrive into your hot little hands, you have to apply some lube to help ease them into some tight holes  ;D .   Ahhhh the feeling is quite exquisite..........

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #377 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:17:48 »

Yeah I have a Novatouch too and I bet it is going real good!

Don't forget when they arrive into your hot little hands, you have to apply some lube to help ease them into some tight holes  ;D .   Ahhhh the feeling is quite exquisite..........
Have you tried it already? I mean SA on NT.

I'm a bit sad because I heard Bro Caps won't fit on a NT ... I won 4 of them.

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #378 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:20:24 »
I think its because Bro caps have that square shape on the stem with a cross as to where it mounts and the circular part of the NT sliders will block it from mounting.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #379 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 07:47:41 »

novatouch has round stems, mx bro caps have square stems

that being said, i have about 1000 topre stems kicking around

so you can just put a topre stem on the nova wherever you want a bro cap

problem solved
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #380 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:10:26 »
Will it be possible to combine shipping with the Hyperfuse set? :D

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #381 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:13:13 »

problem solved
Well then, you just solved one of my issues with the Novatouch (especially since almost all my Bros are Topre!)  :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
MICE >>
More
COMPUTER >>
More

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #382 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:17:43 »

of course

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #383 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:27:28 »

problem solved
I don't see how it solves my problem as all of my Bro Caps are MX hence they won't fit on a Topre stem, will they?

A solution I thought of was to sand down the rectangular shape containing the shape so it will fit on the NT stem. I just feel bad about modifying Bro's awesome work.

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #384 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:29:45 »

problem solved
I don't see how it solves my problem as all of my Bro Caps are MX hence they won't fit on a Topre stem, will they?

A solution I thought of was to sand down the rectangular shape containing the shape so it will fit on the NT stem. I just feel bad about modifying Bro's awesome work.

You wouldn't be modifying the bro cap at all, you will be modifying the board, you will replace the Novatouch MX compatible stem with a regular Topre stem that way you can use the brobot.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #385 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:30:03 »

problem solved

yeah that isnt a particularly good solution, i think trading for a topre bro cap would be better

all that being said, im not a fan of the novatouch anyway

but if people want a bro cap on there as well as mx caps and a topre experience

that is the workaround

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #386 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:55:27 »

problem solved

You wouldn't be modifying the bro cap at all, you will be modifying the board, you will replace the Novatouch MX compatible stem with a regular Topre stem that way you can use the brobot.
I was talking about my solution which was to sand down the rectangular shape to make it circular.

problem solved

yeah that isnt a particularly good solution, i think trading for a topre bro cap would be better

all that being said, im not a fan of the novatouch anyway

but if people want a bro cap on there as well as mx caps and a topre experience

that is the workaround

I like the fact that I can put my Bro Caps on my Topre board or my MX boards at will.

I think the NT just requires some mods to be as good as others Topre boards. But in the end you'll get a level of customization that other Topre can't have.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:57:02 by Ngt »

Offline Heliosphere

« Reply #387 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:42:42 »

I'm using Pulse on my Novatouch right now and it's real sexy. Feels really good. Contoured SA is far nicer than all-row-3 SA.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:45:48 by Heliosphere »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #388 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:21:54 »

I'm using Pulse on my Novatouch right now and it's real sexy. Feels really good. Contoured SA is far nicer than all-row-3 SA.
I've never tried any versions of SA so far but I think I'll start with the best one then!

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #389 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 16:59:19 »
I've never tried any versions of SA so far but I think I'll start with the best one then!
Show Image

This is Full Contoured so they are different from the all same profiled Nuclear's that I have in my possession.  The Nuclear's were created to fit almost any keyboard available (aka the 1800 series), these babies will provide a beautiful slope to type on with the keys angled correctly for long sessions of typing (unfortunately not on an 1800).

These are my first purchase for 2015 hence my excitement is building for this set, plus my personal love for this colour-way knows no bounds.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 18:00:40 by Elrick »

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #390 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 17:19:23 »
Show Image

This is Full Contoured so they are different from the all same profiled Nuclear's that I have in my possession.  The Nuclear's were created to fit almost any keyboard available (aka the 1800 series), these babies will provide a beautiful slope to type on with the keys angled correctly for long sessions of typing (unfortunately not on an 1800)  :'( .

These are my first purchase for 2015 hence my excitement is building for this set, plus my personal love for this colour-way knows no bounds  8) .
Indeed you haven't stopped talking about it . You'll have to wait a bit before trying it I'm afraid.

Offline sakai4eva

« Reply #391 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 22:22:55 »

of course

Woooohooooooooooo

EDIT: I assume the same for Miami twice? Also, all the transportation will be handled through the site?
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 February 2015, 22:24:36 by sakai4eva »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #392 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 22:37:30 »
Yes, you can combine shipping for this, Miami Twice, and Hyperfuse, any or all. :)

in memoriam

Offline pheneto

• LOVE TKL, CP
« Reply #393 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 23:24:43 »
Beautiful color combinations. But frustration in SA profile ...
TX84SE, TX84, TX1800V2, TXCP, LZ-IRON, UNICORN LEGEND, LIGHTSAVER3

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #394 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 23:27:06 »

SA profile best profile

in memoriam

Offline vorn

« Reply #395 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 00:40:39 »
sigh... such a beautiful set. I did promise myself I wouldn't buy keycaps till my assembled GH60 was in my hands. How long will orders for this GH be open for?

Offline radio_killah

• Chinchillin'
« Reply #396 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 00:59:07 »
sigh... such a beautiful set. I did promise myself I wouldn't buy keycaps till my assembled GH60 was in my hands. How long will orders for this GH be open for?
Check the Ctrl alt website. It has a count down to when the gb ends. But it has about 9 days left.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #397 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 01:56:45 »

SA profile best profile

So true  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

If you haven't tried it before now's the time to get some of these beauties and ignore any negative comments from jealous morons, who think they know something about key-cap profiles.

This one is the ONLY one worth considering at Signature Plastics hence heed JD's word on this, this is the BEST Profile currently produced in the United States  8) .

Offline Synjin

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #398 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 06:54:06 »

SA profile best profile

So true  :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: .

If you haven't tried it before now's the time to get some of these beauties and ignore any negative comments from jealous morons, who think they know something about key-cap profiles.

This one is the ONLY one worth considering at Signature Plastics hence heed JD's word on this, this is the BEST Profile currently produced in the United States  8) .
NOT TRUE!!! What about GMK? Isn't Germany part of the United States? ^_^  :thumb:

Offline janvkn

« Reply #399 on: Fri, 06 February 2015, 11:03:16 »
What texture will these keys have?

AFAIK SA profile has 3 options, glossy, semi-matte and matte.