Author Topic: [IC] DSA Dolch Retro Orange ESC and symbol key with Norwegian layout keycaps!  (Read 3101 times)

Offline mangaeva

Dear All!

I am new here so please bear with me~

I am living in Norway and waiting to get my hands on a DSA Dolch keycap set. However these sets are usually containing only English layouts.
Thinking about this a little, I came up with a project that hopefully going to interest some of you.

1.Orange ESC and symbol key. The orange ESC key caught my eyes way back and I wished to add this nice RETRO touch to my keyboard. HPE1000 from a forum called Overclock.net got his hands on a keycap like this by chance in a bag full of wrongly produced keycaps.

To give the possibility for others to enjoy this rather cool looking design I contacted both HPE1000 and Simple Plastics to find the correct color. We had to guess at the end but we finally came to a conclusion and I prepared a preview.

2. Norwegian layout. Fitting a Norwegian layout to a keyboard which doesn't have "extra" keys as the international layout does, seemed to give an opportunity for a bit more extraordinary approach. I fitted the symbols to the right bottom corner of the keycaps which are to be accessed by pressing ALT.
The problem here was the symbol ' . When typing English this symbol is used quite often, so wanted to make sure it is accessible at all times.
Thus replaced the ` symbol with ' on the orange key. This way the keyboard can be used effectively for English and Norwegian writing at the same time.

This results in 9 keycaps which you can preview in the image attached.

I already had discussions back and forth with Simple Plastics about production and they gave me the following numbers.

For a production of 25 sets, one set would cost around 9,53$.

I would hope there are others who would like to have this set. If anything the orange keycaps could prove to be a really nice touch to the DSA Dolch set which they already own.

Is any of you interested in such a deal? If we can get together 20 people, I am willing to pay for 5 sets myself to kick in production(I want one set for myself! ;)  )

Please take a look at the preview I prepared and I hope to hear back from some of you :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 14 January 2015, 08:32:48 by mangaeva »

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
Cool, looks like a solid set for Norwegians.

Have you posted on http://deskthority.net/ ?

Offline mangaeva

Hei tjweir!

Not yet, thank you for the tip!~

Offline mangaeva

Anyone interested? :)

Offline maxlindstroem

This looks awesome! Would definitely buy those, although I prefer ÅÄÖ.

Offline taylordcraig

• New Keyboard Enthusiast [needs to learn to solder]
id be interested just to spruce up my dsa dolch set, add some more cool factor.