Author Topic: HI GUYS  (Read 1564 times)

Offline Nikelu

• Don't read this!
HI GUYS
« on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 17:24:48 »
Greek gamer enthusiast here.I own a Razer Blackwidow (did this guy just say razer?eat him alive) with cherry mx blues <---!!!!!!.Now I wanted to buy an affordable mech with reds and in greece the only options are k70 and cm quickfire ult.I wanted to buy a cool one I saw from those forums tkl with tobre switches but the shipping costed plus 54 euros for me.Any ideas here?Any new releases on mechs so I could wait a month or so?Should I get browns or reds are amazing?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
Re: HI GUYS
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 17:28:21 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Yeah, international shipping is definitely a killer going really anywhere. As far as browns vs reds go, many people don't like browns, so maybe reds would be a better choice.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask. :)
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline FrostyToast

• Litshoard
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 15 January 2015, 17:31:00 »
I don't know if there are any mech boards that really stand out to me that you should wait for.
If you want a good first board, I am sure you can get some decent rates from people inside of Europe who are on the forum.
I like reds for gaming. Nice and smooth experience.
Quote from: elton5354
I don't need anymore keyboards

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:15:40 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'm not sure of where you would get a keyboard from, nor whether there is a specific Greek layout.

The Keyboard Company in the UK might have more reasonable shipping: http://www.keyboardco.com/
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:16:59 »
Welcome to GH!

glad to see your board has cherry switches =)
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 00:53:03 »
If you are interested in topre, I would check the classifieds. I vaguely remember seeing a couple of topre boards for sale in europe there!  :) Welcome to Geekhack!

Offline Nikelu

• Don't read this!
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 07:40:36 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

I'm not sure of where you would get a keyboard from, nor whether there is a specific Greek layout.

The Keyboard Company in the UK might have more reasonable shipping: http://www.keyboardco.com/
i dont care about the greek layout at all.even if the keyboard is blank i am fine i just want a quality affordable 150-170 euro top keyboard

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 16 January 2015, 21:41:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

i dont care about the greek layout at all.even if the keyboard is blank i am fine i just want a quality affordable 150-170 euro top keyboard

I'd guess at that price you'd be looking for a secondhand Topre keyboard - most new Topre keyboards are $200+!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Nikelu

• Don't read this!
« Reply #8 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 06:12:58 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

how about the tkl novatouch coolermaster
I'd guess at that price you'd be looking for a secondhand Topre keyboard - most new Topre keyboards are $200+!

Offline DrHubblePhD

• I am star stuff
  • Location: Observable Universe, Virgo Supercluster, Local Group, Milky Way Galaxy, Solar System, Planet Earth
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 07:25:23 »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 17 January 2015, 23:34:22 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

how about the tkl novatouch coolermaster

Yes, the Novatouch is another option, but comes with ABS keycaps and many do not like the legends thereon.  So you might be up for a decent set of PBT keycaps on top of the Novatouch price.