Author Topic: IBM M13's pointer and OS X  (Read 1820 times)

Offline lecorsair

IBM M13's pointer and OS X
« on: Wed, 12 August 2009, 19:04:00 »
Just wondering if another soul on this board uses the M13 with recent OS X releases. I just purchased a M13, with the expectation to be able to use the trackpoint, but I'm not getting anything. I'm using the M13 with oem converter from monoprice btw. Keyboard and mouse function works fine in a Vista machine.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 12 August 2009, 20:28:09 »
There's one reason why not to buy an overpriced white plastic box with an apple with a bite taken out of it on it.
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 12 August 2009, 21:28:14 »
ripster,

That's the one I'm using at the moment. Works really well, for the keyboard side. Just can't seem to get the trackpoint to respond.

Speaking of reviews, I purchase a different oem converter the same time I order the unit cited above since they were so cheap just in case, and they are quite right. It's flaky on Vista, and doesn't even work in OS X.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 13 August 2009, 06:37:34 »
Quote from: lecorsair;109274
Just wondering if another soul on this board uses the M13 with recent OS X releases. I just purchased a M13, with the expectation to be able to use the trackpoint, but I'm not getting anything. I'm using the M13 with oem converter from monoprice btw. Keyboard and mouse function works fine in a Vista machine.

Any insight would be much appreciated.

M13s are supposedly very picky about which USB adaptors they want to work with. I think bhtooefr did a comparison review with the Endurapro and found that some adaptors that worked with the Endurapro wouldnt work with the M13. I think the Bytecc BT-2000 worked fine with the M13. I have one of those adaptors and it works fine with my IBMs, except, if you are holding down one key, then you press a second key and release the second key while still holding down the first, the keyboard acts as if all keys have been released. This obviously makes it unsuited for games.

Offline lecorsair

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 13 August 2009, 10:57:57 »
ch_123,

I'm starting to suspect this may be the case. Might have to pickup the Bytecc BT-2000 and the one ripster recommended. Or go extreme and try a branded KVM switch =p