Author Topic: looking for a electronic cigarette/nicotine atomizer aficionado forum  (Read 2579 times)

Offline pex

I always thought the idea of a nicotine atomizer was interesting; firstly because it could never be as cool as dragging a Marlboro, but secondly that it would be a relatively pure and metered ingestion.  I've never been impressed with tobacco/nicotine as a recreational drug, but after coming onto one or more studies about attention decifit due to sleep deprivation (that nicotine apparently provides little help to the well-rested yet a significant improvement for the weary), I was interested in a limited self-experimentation but wanted to avoid burnination into my lungs.  

At first I tried some form of smokeless tobacco, but apparently I did something wrong because the two times I tried it, I wanted to puke for 30 mins. afterward.  I decided to abort that experiment.  Then I decided I wanted an atomizer, but they cost too much.  Then I came upon dealextreme.com which basically seems to peddle a bunch of junk out of China.  They seem to have more reasonably cost electronic cigarettes but I never got around to paying for those.

Although I had recently rediscovered caffeine (which I have historically also not been much a fan of, and by now I am once again not much of a fan), today I found some sort of generic e-cigarette at a garage sale for 2 bucks which appeared to have some cartridges intact (along with a complete kit.)  There's absolutely no branding on the thing, and it lacked an instruction manual, so I assume it's exactly the type of junk dealextreme brings in from China.

I was hoping to find a forum where people love their atomizers so I could post a picture and get an identification and maybe some instructions.  Please let me know if you're familiar with any.
Ж®Cherry G80-8113 (someday I hope to have one that reads magstripes, rfid cards, and smartcards), broken \'98 42H1292 Model M, some other Model M from a decade before that, 30 more keyboards in a box, 4 more lying here or there
Destroying Sanctity: my Model M project. Status: Dead.

Offline pex

looking for a electronic cigarette/nicotine atomizer aficionado forum
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 14 August 2009, 15:07:00 »
The fascists in the US apparently have put modafinil on the controlled substances list.  That means one has to go to their doctor and make up some lie about being on a swing shift to get a scrip.

I don't have a regular attention deficit and my personal research is purposed specifically for those rare instances where sleep and work didn't get along.  Although I used to read about Provigil when everyone thought it was going to delete the human need for sleep, I haven't looked at it lately (probably due to its lame status.)

I read on wikipedia that adrafinil is a prodrug of modafinil, and that it is unapproved by our FDA but also not scheduled.  I'm not sure that it's not an analogue of modafinil, however (which would then subject it to DEA jurisdiction.  More US police state fun...)
Ж®Cherry G80-8113 (someday I hope to have one that reads magstripes, rfid cards, and smartcards), broken \'98 42H1292 Model M, some other Model M from a decade before that, 30 more keyboards in a box, 4 more lying here or there
Destroying Sanctity: my Model M project. Status: Dead.

Offline iMav

• geekhack creator/founder
  • "Τα εργαλεία σας είναι σημαντικά."
looking for a electronic cigarette/nicotine atomizer aficionado forum
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 15 August 2009, 01:41:50 »
Perhaps you could start up your own online community?

lunghack?  ;)