Author Topic: White blank keycaps  (Read 1400 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
White blank keycaps
« on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 10:37:07 »
Hey has anyone ever used these white blanks before? Any good?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/231402339096?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I'm thinking of getting some for a dye job, after which I enter (and hopefully win) kbd of the month.

I don't mind thin PBT, but I really mind these that are too tight on the stems.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline ynrozturk

Re: White blank keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 11:47:57 »
I am curious about these caps as well.
IBM Model F | IMB Model M | Poker II MX Brown | Poker II MX Clear | Filco TKL MX Brown | Bastardized Razer Blackwidow TE MX Blue | Logitech G602 |  Cyborg R.A.T. 7 | | Logitech MX518 | Icemat  | Artisan Hien

Offline yode

• s a d b o y s
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 30 January 2015, 17:25:32 »
these look like the same exact set from Banggood. Apparently those aren't bad, not thick PBT but thin/medium.
300 OTF GBE OBLOCK ON BD

Offline FireInc

« Reply #3 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 04:13:32 »
Packaging looks similar/identical to a 104 set I got off of geekkeys, only difference(other than cap count) being that the caps lock has an LED pass-through while mine do not.

From what little I've used of them(admittedly only mods; bought the set for a keyboard that hasn't been built yet) they seem fine. Not thick PBT but not all that thin, either. And quality-wise there weren't any issues, either.

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 31 January 2015, 10:06:22 »
Packaging looks similar/identical to a 104 set I got off of geekkeys, only difference(other than cap count) being that the caps lock has an LED pass-through while mine do not.

From what little I've used of them(admittedly only mods; bought the set for a keyboard that hasn't been built yet) they seem fine. Not thick PBT but not all that thin, either. And quality-wise there weren't any issues, either.

I actually want 104 but can't find that on ebay right now. Maybe since this is the weekend I"ll check out Taobao...
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline drewba

« Reply #5 on: Sun, 01 February 2015, 13:22:31 »

Seconded. I used the geekkeys 104 PBT set as my first dye project yesterday. The Q row and number row are actually slightly thicker than the lower rows and should stay in the dye a bit longer.