Author Topic: numpad switch tester  (Read 1314 times)

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
numpad switch tester
« on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 10:39:06 »
I want to mod an extra numpad to become a switch tester. What switches should I put in the 22 slots?

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: numpad switch tester
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 10:49:54 »
I want to mod an extra numpad to become a switch tester. What switches should I put in the 22 slots?

cherry mx black, blue, clear, green,  red, white, linear gray, tactile gray then you can go all out and swap springs, lube, sticker etc

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #2 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 10:52:24 »
The 22 that you want to try ;). Ray's got a good idea :).

Offline derezzed

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 11:02:02 »
I bought a numpad so I could sample ergo clears.  Now, I'm thinking about getting a second so I can  sample berserkfan's  jailhouse blues.  For me, I think having the whole pad use 1 type of switch would give me a better idea of whether having a whole keyboard use that switch would be suitable for me.    If you just want to compare a variety of switches to each other, I would recommend  starting the list with the more uncommon switches like grays and modified switches like the ones I previously mentioned and panda clears, etc.  Whatever spaces you have left over, dedicate to the more  common  switches.  Maybe try to fit some gate Ron or kailh on there if it's possible.  Or if you can't think of enough switches to fill the pad, consider using 2 copies of each switch.

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #4 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 12:57:53 »
Gateron, Gaote, Kaihua, Greetech, maybe those old Aristotle switches from the 90s, various other MX clones

Offline MGH

• Lost in translation with a whole ****in' nation
« Reply #5 on: Thu, 05 February 2015, 13:23:25 »
The 22 that you want to try ;). Ray's got a good idea :).
I've tried all the switches I need to try. I just want to know what to put in a tester for friends to try out and find what they want.