Author Topic: Hi there  (Read 865 times)

Offline merkabish

Hi there
« on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:57:41 »
Hello all,

I've been using a mechanical board for a few years now but in helping my friend find one for himself I was opened to the world of customization and new products that were not around when I initially got mine. Looking forward to seeing where my time here takes me.

Leopold FC200R           KBP v60 Mini
Cherry MX Brown         Matias Quiet Click

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hi there
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 11 February 2015, 15:59:19 »
Hello there and welcome to Geekhack! There is definitely a lot of customization you can do to your keyboards. Happy hunting and let me know if you have any questions I can try to answer!  :))

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hi there
« Reply #2 on: Sat, 14 February 2015, 22:40:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Which keyboard have you got, and how long have you had it?

Mechanical keyboards have been around for decades, but until recently there wasn't that much customisation options available.  I'd guess that now consumers have got their hot sweaty hands on the mechanical keyboards the manufacturers are coming up with new ways to entice us to buy their keyboards and accessories.

They might be right ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ