Author Topic: What computer games do you play?  (Read 142053 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline kriminal

  • Posts: 834
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #250 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 05:14:31 »
Quote from: yttrium;524159
What don't I play?

StarCraft II, Team Fortress 2, Terraria, Minecraft, Skyrim, Portal, Oblivion, Fallout 3, Savage 2, and more that I forget off the top of my head.

hey what OS do you run? it seems savage 2 doesn't run on win 7 64bit? well .. at-least mines doesn't
Geekhacked Filco FKBN87M/EB modified with Brown, black and blue cherries, doubleshot keycaps
Deck KBA-BL82 with Black cherries
Cherry G84-4100LCMDK-0 Cherry ML switches
Cherry G80-8200hpdus-2 Brown cherries
IBM Lexmark 51G8572 Model M Keyboard
Geekhacked Siig Minitouch KB1948
IBM Model M Mini 1397681

Offline Daze

  • Posts: 14
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #251 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 08:37:56 »
BF3
DCS: A-10C
LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2
IL2: Cliffs of Dover
Rise of Flight
ArmA 2
Left for Dead 2

Offline Henry Allen Venture

  • Posts: 227
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #252 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 10:15:04 »
Quote from: Daze;525415
BF3
DCS: A-10C
LockOn: Flaming Cliffs 2
IL2: Cliffs of Dover
Rise of Flight
ArmA 2
Left for Dead 2

Here's a question. Whats DCS-A10-C like?
To clarify a bit, I've got a really good understanding of the mechanics of flight, I've been an armchair Ace Combat pilot since I was a kid (I realise thats not the most realistic flight sim out), and I've learnt a lot by way of the fact that my Dad has his pilot's license (recreational).

Reviews for DCS: A-10C seem to all say two things:
That its hard, which I don't mind, as long as its not needlessly punishing.
That its very realistic. What I think they meant by that was 'boring'. Do you have to go through all the rigorous take-off procedures etc., just to do the flying. I understand some people are into the in-depth simulation, but I'd much rather just get to the flying.

Can you comment on how in-depth the simulation is? Does it sound like something I'd like, or should I keep playing Ace Combat?
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline yttrium

  • Posts: 112
    • http://boards.4chan.org/g/
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #253 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 18:21:36 »
Quote from: kriminal;525361
hey what OS do you run? it seems savage 2 doesn't run on win 7 64bit? well .. at-least mines doesn't

I run Win7 Ultimate 64bit. I don't know what's wrong if you're having trouble playing it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline manirra

  • Posts: 22
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #254 on: Sat, 25 February 2012, 22:56:44 »
I play league of legends... lately, more and more of my time has been spent working or studying :(

Offline Daze

  • Posts: 14
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #255 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 00:09:36 »
Quote from: Henry Allen Venture;525494
Here's a question. Whats DCS-A10-C like?
To clarify a bit, I've got a really good understanding of the mechanics of flight, I've been an armchair Ace Combat pilot since I was a kid (I realise thats not the most realistic flight sim out), and I've learnt a lot by way of the fact that my Dad has his pilot's license (recreational).

Reviews for DCS: A-10C seem to all say two things:
That its hard, which I don't mind, as long as its not needlessly punishing.
That its very realistic. What I think they meant by that was 'boring'. Do you have to go through all the rigorous take-off procedures etc., just to do the flying. I understand some people are into the in-depth simulation, but I'd much rather just get to the flying.

Can you comment on how in-depth the simulation is? Does it sound like something I'd like, or should I keep playing Ace Combat?

Hi man, Ace Combat 6 was probably the first flight game I played frequently, I dabbled in a few other games when I was a lot younger but none as much as AC6. I spent countless hours scraping buildings on free flight haha

DCS: A-10C is pretty time consuming, it could take months to understand it all. This is one way to sum up just how realistic it is: Wags, the Produce of Eagle Dynamics (the people who make DCS sims) had the opportunity to try out a real A-10C simulator that's used to train future A-10C pilots in the USAF. He was able to start up, request takeoff, taxi, takeoff, navigate to the target, deploy weapons on the target, arrange an aerial refuelling, refuel, navigate home, request landing, land, shut down. 99% of that knowledge came from playing DCS: A-10C. So it is very detailed. My Uncle is a pilot in the Royal Navy, and he described DCS: A-10C as "nails". There are keyboard shortcuts for startup etc, but in order to be effective and use every system to its potential then you will have to read and understand the vast majority of the 671 page manual.

Flaming Cliffs 2 quite a bit easier than A-10C. It's not as simple as Ace Comabat or HAWX - they're more arcade games than simulators. I'd definitely recommend buying it first, you will be able to pick it up quicker and you can enjoy the actual flying and dogfighting.

A lot of people say you need a Hotas or even just a Joystick to enjoy flight simulators, and I have to agree. I couldn't imagine playing with a keyboard and mouse, it really would ruin the experience for me. You can get a decent Joystick that will do the job for around Ł40, which is roughly $60-$65? If you want to get into it then the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas would be a good starter.

Good luck!

Offline Henry Allen Venture

  • Posts: 227
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #256 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 03:00:06 »
Quote from: Daze;526356
Hi man, Ace Combat 6 was probably the first flight game I played frequently, I dabbled in a few other games when I was a lot younger but none as much as AC6. I spent countless hours scraping buildings on free flight haha

In all honesty, that really wasn't my favourite AC title. The three on PS2 were absolutely amazing, but Ace Combat 5 ('The Unsung War', or 'Squadron Leader', depending on where you're from) is my favourite game of all time. Absolutely fantastic from beginning to end. Having said that, AC6 was not a bad game at all, it just had a lot to live up to in my eyes after the PS2 titles.

Quote from: Daze;526356
DCS: A-10C is pretty time consuming, it could take months to understand it all. This is one way to sum up just how realistic it is: Wags, the Produce of Eagle Dynamics (the people who make DCS sims) had the opportunity to try out a real A-10C simulator that's used to train future A-10C pilots in the USAF. He was able to start up, request takeoff, taxi, takeoff, navigate to the target, deploy weapons on the target, arrange an aerial refuelling, refuel, navigate home, request landing, land, shut down. 99% of that knowledge came from playing DCS: A-10C. So it is very detailed. My Uncle is a pilot in the Royal Navy, and he described DCS: A-10C as "nails". There are keyboard shortcuts for startup etc, but in order to be effective and use every system to its potential then you will have to read and understand the vast majority of the 671 page manual.

Holeeeee sheeeeeett...
That was what I was worried about. As much as I'd love to have the patience for things like that, it really doesn't sound like something I'd enjoy. Bummer.

Quote from: Daze;526356
Flaming Cliffs 2 quite a bit easier than A-10C. It's not as simple as Ace Comabat or HAWX - they're more arcade games than simulators. I'd definitely recommend buying it first, you will be able to pick it up quicker and you can enjoy the actual flying and dogfighting.

I was going to get myself a copy of one of the other IL-2 Sturmovik games (the one that was on consoles) but I never got around to it. I've read a couple of reviews of Cliffs of Dover that sounded pretty disappointed, so I didn't bother looking anymore into that one. Sounds to me like I should look into Flaming Cliffs 2. Cheers!
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Offline Johannes

  • Posts: 98
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #257 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 09:18:49 »
StarCraft, NightSoulMS, Pokémon Netbattle Supremacy and Ordspill.

Offline Daze

  • Posts: 14
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #258 on: Sun, 26 February 2012, 09:19:14 »
Quote from: Henry Allen Venture;526516
I was going to get myself a copy of one of the other IL-2 Sturmovik games (the one that was on consoles) but I never got around to it. I've read a couple of reviews of Cliffs of Dover that sounded pretty disappointed, so I didn't bother looking anymore into that one. Sounds to me like I should look into Flaming Cliffs 2. Cheers!

The problem with IL-2 Cliffs of Dover was that when it was released it was really badly optimized and had an awful lot of bugs and glitches. That has pretty much been completely fixed and plays just fine now. You could try out IL-2 Wings of Prey, it's basically another arcade type game but it's also really enjoyable.

Offline LegitAsBalls

  • Posts: 10
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #259 on: Fri, 16 March 2012, 23:28:32 »
I play Starcraft II the most and then followed by that Tribes: Ascend.

Offline anselben

  • Posts: 113
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #260 on: Sat, 17 March 2012, 00:50:14 »
Mostly play starcraft 2, battlefield 3, and kind of star wars the old republic at the moment.

Offline Bilbin

  • Posts: 336
  • Location: Australia
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #261 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 08:22:14 »
I want to play Guild Wars 2 already :(
Filco Majestouch Tenkeyless Blues - Razer Abyssus - PureTrak Talent

Offline Lmnr

  • Posts: 271
  • Location: Atlanta,GA
  • The Jack Of All Trades
    • W.W.C.
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #262 on: Mon, 19 March 2012, 08:54:14 »
Any warsow players?

Also waiting for borderlands 2...

Sent from my MOTWX435KT using Tapatalk
Peripherals:
Realforce 87uw with grey caps,Ducky YOTR Blues,Realforce 104ug Hipro,Zowie Am FG,WMO 1.1a,Sidewinder X3

Offline 1839cc

  • Posts: 360
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #263 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 19:28:37 »
Been playing X3 TC lately. And TLOZ WW via Dolphin.
i have seen unix admins with john deere trucker hats, and even seen a man in a nascar shirt correct a passerby's klingon.


Offline keyboardnoob

  • Posts: 258
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #264 on: Tue, 20 March 2012, 20:46:52 »
Playing dota 2, still looking for more players to play with from time to time. : )
Filco MJ1 TKL MX Brown

Offline Maarten

  • Posts: 208
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #265 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 02:39:02 »
EVE-Online and Mass Effect 3 atm.....

Offline Shogunner

  • Posts: 84
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #266 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 06:09:12 »
****loads of Dota 2, CS:GO, CS 1.6, ArmA II OA Coop, and M&B: Warband pretty much consist of all the games I'm playing the multiplayer of atm.

Add me so we can tryhard Dota 2 pubs :D  

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shogunner

Offline Internetlad

  • Posts: 1276
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #267 on: Wed, 21 March 2012, 12:28:15 »
couldn't get into ARMA 2, It had this one bug in the tutorial where you have to carry your freind over to the medic, and i kept getting stuck there, i coudl spin around but not move or drop the guy, the game was just hung, wasted ~45 minutes two times (almost 1.5 hours) until i finally got out to the AT training area, and got shot from a mile away while i was equipped with a grenade, a pistol and a LAW. Uninstalled pretty much on the spot.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I


Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline filphil

  • Posts: 255
  • Location: NJ, USA
  • One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #268 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 01:21:57 »
Dota 2, CS:S

Hoping for a CS:GO invite
B.87 | KMAC LE | Duck Orion V2

Offline Mazora

  • Posts: 537
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #269 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 13:01:48 »
I started playing on DeathBan Minecraft servers (PvP, 5 days deathban, some are 1 hour). It's nice cause people there are older...

just as Diablo 2 Hardcore mode was awesome, I think minecraft deathban servers make the game more "intense"
« Last Edit: Thu, 22 March 2012, 13:07:26 by Mazora »
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Henry Allen Venture

  • Posts: 227
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #270 on: Thu, 22 March 2012, 23:33:22 »
Quote from: Mazora;553679
PvP, 5 days deathban

So if I kill you for absolutely no reason, you get a five day ban?
Am I punished at all?
Because apart from that little potential loophole, DeathBan sounds amazing.
Current collection:
Filco Majestouch 104-Key, w/ MX Browns
IBM Model M 52G9700
Leopold FC200R, "white" w/ MX Clears
Ducky DK9008S \'Shining\', white backlit w/ MX Blues
Cherry G80-3494(LCYUS-2), w/ MX Reds for Portal Mod

Not mine, but I\'ve got access to:
Filco Majestouch Linear R Limited Edition, w/ MX Reds
Filco Majestouch 2 \'Ninja\' Tenkeyless, w/ MX Blues
Leopold FC500R, w/ MX Browns

Online wiredPANDA

  • Posts: 465
  • Location: Louisiana
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #271 on: Fri, 23 March 2012, 00:43:06 »
Mostly League of Legends. Mix in some TF2 and Tribes: Ascend; all while waiting on D3 and Guild Wars 2.
| HHKB Pro 2
| Poker.PANDAclears | ErgoDox (62g Black)
| QFR.reds | Leopold FC200R.browns | Leopold FC200R.clears| Ducky DK9087.reds | Ducky DK9087.blacks

Offline njvz

  • Posts: 106
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #272 on: Fri, 23 March 2012, 10:29:13 »
Mostly League, though I expect my life to disappear with D3.

Also, I would be playing CS:GO if I had an invite. Anyone who is playing- did they go with standardized recoil or is it still random like Source?
Boards: Noppoo Choc Mini | Leopold TKL | KBTalking Pure | Rosewill RK-9000 | IBM model M | Filco Ninja Majestouch FS
Filco Ninja Majestouch FS

Offline lorem3k

  • Posts: 241
    • http://twitter.com/#!/lorem3k
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #273 on: Sat, 24 March 2012, 05:16:08 »
Mostly CoD4 Promod (in pubs because I'm a scrub). Probably CS:GO when it gets released
Leopold FC200RT/AWN | Logitech G400 | Sennheiser HD25-1 II | Pounds in the fridge, hundred stacks in the armoire

Offline BigDov

  • Posts: 38
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #274 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 19:25:18 »
Borderlands, Batman: AA & AC, might jump into some Half-Life 2 once in a while, and then finding the time to get to sorting through all of the Humble Bundle games I got last year  :D

Offline Lukasevic

  • Posts: 158
  • World Famous Gamer™
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #275 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 22:07:19 »
Quote from: wiredPANDA;554338
Mostly League of Legends. Mix in some TF2 and Tribes: Ascend; all while waiting on D3 and Guild Wars 2.

Thats almost exactly what I play now, minus the tribes. Never got into tribes, I was always into Quake and Unreal more often. I also play some All Points Bulletin (APB) off and on to mix it up. If  now your curious and you've never heard of it. APB is like Grand Theft Auto - MMO ... but its fun. The game itself has broke-down and came back a few times with different companies. Now it runs on steam - free to play, which is awesome.

Offline audioave10

  • Posts: 1102
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #276 on: Sun, 25 March 2012, 23:53:38 »
Just for the hell of it (and its fun), I'm playing Angry Birds at 1080P.
DECK Legend "Toxic" - SOLD
96 IBM Model M 82G2383- 95 IBM Model M 92G7453 - SOLD
Cherry G80-3000/Blues

Offline Maarten

  • Posts: 208
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #277 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 04:13:04 »
Ive been playing Space Angry Birds! Its fun!

Offline captain

  • Posts: 1232
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #278 on: Mon, 26 March 2012, 05:02:06 »
Portal 2, SSX, COD (2 preferably), Tiger Woods 11/12
Welcome to geekhack -- where we like to type -- but don't care so much about reading.

Offline Deepfish

  • Posts: 10
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #279 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 04:06:27 »
Guild Wars 2 :tape2:

Offline Mazora

  • Posts: 537
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #280 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 08:50:35 »
Yeah, if you kill me, either I wait 5 days OR i buy +1 live for 5$ ;)

So the server pays for itself when players die. When someone dies, everyone in the channel says R.I.P ...

Limits on the server are 12 000x12 000 so when you die the worst part is getting back to your "hidden home" 8000 blocks away...and since you lost everything on you, your chance of survival are very low.

What is awesome in deathban server is the fact that everyone plays as if it was their real life on the line...its more intense.

Quote from: Henry Allen Venture;554273
So if I kill you for absolutely no reason, you get a five day ban?
Am I punished at all?
Because apart from that little potential loophole, DeathBan sounds amazing.
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline Kellybear

  • Posts: 564
  • Location: Seattle, WA
  • (づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #281 on: Tue, 27 March 2012, 16:31:18 »
TERA and sometimes League of Legends..

though I'm not big on playing LoL very often.

Offline bader0

  • Posts: 12
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #282 on: Wed, 28 March 2012, 07:02:51 »
my entire life is league of legends i have been consumed by the almighty loltrain
on the upside im pumped for d3 and dota 2.

Offline suprsmo

  • Posts: 481
  • Sydney, Australia
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #283 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 04:12:45 »
mmm

Dominion - League of Legends..

Odd MW3 game.

Aaaand trying to get into SC2, just too noob at macro/micro..
Poker Poker QFR
QuickFire Rapid
Realforce 86u Black Variable - For sale

Offline zirb

  • Posts: 390
  • Location: Germany
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #284 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 04:55:03 »
Quote from: suprsmo;560177
Aaaand trying to get into SC2, just too noob at macro/micro..

Playing the campaign and the challenges afterwards helped my newbie-friends alot! :)

Offline Internetlad

  • Posts: 1276
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #285 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 16:58:45 »
Quote from: Mazora;558071
Yeah, if you kill me, either I wait 5 days OR i buy +1 live for 5$ ;)

So the server pays for itself when players die. When someone dies, everyone in the channel says R.I.P ...

Limits on the server are 12 000x12 000 so when you die the worst part is getting back to your "hidden home" 8000 blocks away...and since you lost everything on you, your chance of survival are very low.

What is awesome in deathban server is the fact that everyone plays as if it was their real life on the line...its more intense.


What server is this? Connection info? Sounds pretty awesome. Haven't played MC in months, i'll go on spurts of it, play for a month, build something huge and stupid, and then get bored of it and quit, i'll come back and the server will have been reset or something, and my huge, stupid thing is no more, rinse, repeat.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I


Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline thp777

  • Posts: 163
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #286 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 17:33:49 »
playing BF3 on pc now. I need some people to play with.

Offline Hente

  • Posts: 25
  • huehuehue
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #287 on: Thu, 29 March 2012, 21:14:07 »
TF2 is practically the only game that I play, and not even that much anymore. I just recently sold all my unusuals for $, and am considering doing the same with the rest of my BP.

Offline Mazora

  • Posts: 537
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #288 on: Fri, 30 March 2012, 17:03:08 »
Quote from: Internetlad;560811
What server is this? Connection info? Sounds pretty awesome. Haven't played MC in months, i'll go on spurts of it, play for a month, build something huge and stupid, and then get bored of it and quit, i'll come back and the server will have been reset or something, and my huge, stupid thing is no more, rinse, repeat.


The server is : http://kkminecraft.net/hcsmp/

I think its under maintenance though atm....
HHKB Pro 2: black case white keys
Filco Masjestouch v2 / MX-Reds / hard lending pads /Dye-sub keycaps
RF-87UW

Offline useless_people

  • Posts: 59
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #289 on: Fri, 30 March 2012, 18:15:16 »
Quote from: thp777;560849
playing BF3 on pc now. I need some people to play with.

I would love to play with you. I'm all alone since all my friends only play on xbox... :(
[SIGPIC]
[/SIGPIC]
CM Storm Quickfire Rapid

Offline thp777

  • Posts: 163
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #290 on: Fri, 30 March 2012, 20:40:03 »
origin tag is RustyShaklefurd if u wanna add me. and anyone else for bf3

Offline divinity

  • Posts: 32
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #291 on: Sun, 01 April 2012, 09:35:39 »
I run a minecraft server so I play that a lot, by play I mean get swamped helping people out since I am the only moderator.

Started playing diablo 2 again since D3 is coming out, also Worms Reloaded on steam, and of course CSS mix servers with my "clan". read: best friends

Offline Internetlad

  • Posts: 1276
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #292 on: Sun, 01 April 2012, 13:09:55 »
Quote from: Mazora;561879
The server is : http://kkminecraft.net/hcsmp/

I think its under maintenance though atm....

Played for an evening and a morning. Built a house in a wilderness and got robbed and pillaged while i was asleep, and then was organizing my inventory on the second morning and some guy randomly came up and murdered me.

What fun.

I was like 2000 blocks from spawn too, but apparently it's a pretty popular place, or people knew where i was or something.
"Beep . . . Beep . . . Beep" -Sputnik I


Visit the Typing Test and try!

Offline Lord de Seis

  • Posts: 122
  • Location: UHHHHMERICA
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #293 on: Wed, 04 April 2012, 15:13:20 »
league of legends and the binding of isaac.

i can't play isaac on hhkbpro2, though--i always have to swap with my leopold tkl.
does anyone know how i can remap some keys on hhkb just to play isaac without the inconvenience of rebooting or whatever ?

Offline hamza_tm

  • Posts: 466
  • Location: Manchester, UK
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #294 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 06:33:40 »
For nostalgias sake... Command and Conquer 95! And some Red Alert 1. Brings a tear to my eye. Freewarenow, and you can play in HD too.

Also played original Dota like a madman for 2 years, and I'm pretty damn good at it (yes I know 2 years is such a short time for DotA but whatever). Best strategic game I have ever, ever played in my life, ever. Standard RTS games I never find to be strategic - it's all build orders, rock paper scissors, macro and micro skills not much real original strategic mindgames IMO. Well you CAN have actual strategic battles, but meh ... I never really felt it. DotA on the other hand, from the first game onwards, EVERYTHING is based on mindgames n shiz.

Although DotA games aren't as diverse as, say, SC2 and generally more boring to watch.

Nowadays i'm clocking hours into MW3 (All on the PC) mainly because friends play it. About MW3 I must say the developers suck face. They actually purposefully designed it completely so that noobs would be able to do well with zero skill, at the cost of extremely good players not doing as well as their skill level should command. They did this with ridiculous killstreak rewards, deathstreak rewards, and gun stats in general (FMG9 akimbos, Type95, Striker)

Basically in terms of skill level: player 1 = 3-and-a-half, player 2 = OVER9000 (arbitrary units of identical scale)
Usually leads to score such as: player 1 = 4/10, player 2 = 20/6 (kills/deaths)
instead of (i.e. if this were ACTUALLY a skill based game we would see): player 1 = 1/10, player 2 = 40/1

Quake on the other hand is an example of a truly skill-based game. I don't mean FPS circle strafing skillz or perfect aim and stuff like that, but at a high level go watch some Quake Live replays and just be dumbfounded.

Anyway hows BF3? I may switch to that :(
But I'm not a fan of this Origin crap

Offline enigmatik

  • Posts: 13
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #295 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 18:01:16 »
Realm of the Mad God... Alot. So simple but so fun.
Company of Heroes (all expansions)
Black and White (the first one <3)
CS:S
CS 1.6
DOD:S
I'm becoming intrigued by Anno 2270 ( I think that's what it's called)
And when D3 comes out I will have no social life. Played the beta and loved it.

I might have to buy a new keyboard with numpad just for d3. I'm thinking about trying blues or maybe reds ( complete opposites I know)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline fstop

  • Posts: 571
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #296 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 19:06:35 »
I don't know about D3 yet... was mildly impressed with the beta.

I think GW2 will be life ruining.
CM Storm Quickfire MX Reds
CM Storm Quickfire MX Blues
Filco Majestouch-2  MX Browns
RealForce 87uw uniform 45g

Offline enigmatik

  • Posts: 13
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #297 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 20:00:28 »
Gw2 looks amazing. And I really liked the d3 beta. I was also obsessed with d2 Lod though . Mf runs for days. Nice name haha


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Sifo

  • Swaglord Yolomancer
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Posts: 5637
  • Location: #GOLDSPRINGS, #LEGITBALLIN
  • Illustrious
    • Sifo's Keyboard Services
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #298 on: Thu, 05 April 2012, 20:02:35 »
I used to play a lot of SC2, but quit for a little while. I still watch competitive StarCraft though. Now i'm (im)patiently waiting for Guild Wars 2. Biggest GW1 fan!

Offline demik

  • ENLIGHTENED CHERRY USER
  • Posts: 75
What computer games do you play?
« Reply #299 on: Tue, 10 April 2012, 02:07:35 »
I believe this thread is more fitting here :)
We gon' be alright