Author Topic: BroBot Giveaway!!! Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy). Winner announced!  (Read 8574 times)

Offline Sygaldry

• Edema Ruh
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • All the truth in the world is held in stories.
Re: BroBot Giveaway!!! Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy)
« Reply #50 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 22:31:24 »

ever heard of early Korean MMORPG game called Ragnarok, it was so massive in my country

Dood... wtf... I played RO since beta (2001-2002?) up until like maybe 3-4 years ago... WHY DIDN'T I KNOW YOU PLAYED THIS?!

I dont have a brobot, nor a topre board so I don't intend to participate
but! let me share my name story

ever heard of early Korean MMORPG game called Ragnarok, it was so massive in my country

cut it short, I was a dumb, thoughtless, clueless, eccentric teenagers wanted to name my character
and since then, I stick with it since I've never seen yet heard anyone ever thought to use the same name :D

cut it short, I was a dumb, thoughtless, clueless, eccentric teenagers wanted to name my character
and since then, I stick with it since I've never seen yet heard anyone ever thought to use the same name :D

I played on iRO loki for a year or two in the beginning.  Walking through prontera was such a mess with all the merch bots

Show Image

I remember nolifing Ragnarok in the Philippines before I moved to the U.S. I actually was named Synjin in Ragnarok and it was also my name in my Tekken DR SM clan when i was competing in 2007 before I left.

wow. i'm feeling so nostalgic right now. i used to play on iRO Loki, too right before comodo patch kicked in.

I was on iRO Loki too back in the day 0_0
null

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #51 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 22:37:05 »
I was probably 10 years old when I first used this username, I recall trying everything I could think of as a name but they where all taken! So I thought of some arbitrary things and spliced them together, to form "Air tree" it doesn't really make sense, but I use and like it all the same. And for the better fact that I'm not that creative with usernames.  :p

Oh and I do have some Bro's on the way. I figured, why not. I'll share my somewhat short story.
« Last Edit: Tue, 17 February 2015, 22:38:48 by Air tree »

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
« Reply #52 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 22:40:37 »
I played Ultimate Frisbee in university (and then competitively after uni).  In ulti there is a term 'swill' which means "a really bad throw".  When I started playing, I could actually throw and I quickly became the main handler for our team.  I got the nickname because everyone would give me hard time if I ever messed up (or if the cutter was just being lazy and didn't really want to work to get to the disk).  "Dude, that was such swill".  Of course I would always give them **** for not getting to a perfectly placed disk.  Haha.  We had fun with it.  Of course it was always the other person's fault if the disk was not caught.  ;)  So that is how I became swill.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #53 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 22:59:28 »
*** NOT AN ENTRY ***

My username is obvious and boring, so...

In about fourth grade a big bad sixth grader called me Small Fry. I promptly called him Medium Shake. His friend, quite built for a sixth grader, was coined Big Mac. Their names were lost shortly thereafter, but I liked being called SmallFry, hence the name stuck.

Some chump called me SmallFry in 5th grade after I ran into him. I promptly called him Medium Shake, and the names stuck at least for a little while for him. Mine was stuck forever, first with Timescale, and now with everything I do. :D

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #54 on: Tue, 17 February 2015, 23:21:02 »
*** NOT AN ENTRY ***

My username is obvious and boring, so...

In about fourth grade a big bad sixth grader called me Small Fry. I promptly called him Medium Shake. His friend, quite built for a sixth grader, was coined Big Mac. Their names were lost shortly thereafter, but I liked being called SmallFry, hence the name stuck.

Some chump called me SmallFry in 5th grade after I ran into him. I promptly called him Medium Shake, and the names stuck at least for a little while for him. Mine was stuck forever, first with Timescale, and now with everything I do. :D

Heh.  Funny story.  :)

Offline TLSC.wipeOut

• "Who dares, wins"
« Reply #55 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 05:26:00 »
I am bro-less with a Topre Realforce 87U 55g keyboard. "wipeOut" has been my handle through battle.net during the days when I played BroodWar. "TLSC" is just short for TeamLiquid StarCraft since TeamLiquid has been a forum site I have been on for many years during the glory days of original StarCraft pro-gaming.
OTD 456GT with Lubricated 68g Gold Spring MX Clears and GMK Dolch Keycap set

WTB: KMAC2 kit

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #56 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 06:38:07 »
Do not want to enter!
Just want to talk about my username =p

So my username dates back a while not even sure when now as it the same on every game/site/forum I have ever been its from a older game called Gargoyles quest and it named after the main character you play as, also my old profile photo was of him too its just the name of a character in a game I really enjoyed playing as a child and yes if any of you played ghost and goblins Its the red gargoyle that flys down to attack you ;P

I just really like the name is all use it on most every game I play or forum I visit so if you ever see a Fire Brand with a picture that looks like a old gameboy sprite its most likely me =)
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Dgsbllx

« Reply #57 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 07:09:34 »
Ok. Have a type-s so I qualify for the topres

Made an account on Runescape back in the day and needed to come up with a username. My Dad had a bottle of;

and I had kept the empty bottle on my shelf in my room because i couldn't believe it said bollocks. Tried a few usernames and they were taken and in the end I was looking around the room and spotted the bottle and came up with Dgsbllx. Now use it for pretty much everything! I remember when Dragonball Z came onto the scene and loads of people thought it was related to that

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #58 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 12:07:17 »
I have a HHKB Type-S and have been thus far unsuccessful in all Bro raffles to this point.

I've been using this ID on various forums for more than a decade, but it's only been on GH where you can get any idea of what it means. I've never told anyone, and most who have tried to guess have put it in two categories: a reference to a minor Sailor Moon character or, more commonly, a love for the Sega Saturn.

Just look at my avatar for the real answer. I love cars and have been fortunate to have been a part of the industry in various capacities for most of my working life. When I was much younger, my dad would go to different car dealerships every year and get me all the different sales brochures. He always told the salespeople that's what he was doing and was not interested in buying a car at that time. The people at the Saturn dealer were always the friendliest and most accommodating in this regard. That positive attitude eventually turned into sales. My family and I have owned several Saturn vehicles, and I even spent a few summers in high school and college working at a dealership owned by a family friend.

Having Saturn as part of my online identity is a small way of paying homage to one of the most interesting stories of the business I love.

The otaku part is because I like anime, too, which I think is far less interesting than the Saturn part. And yes, I realize the S should probably be capitalized, but it was a mistake when I first starting using the name, and it stuck from there.  :))

Thanks for the opportunity to open up and go on a little nostalgia trip. :)
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 February 2015, 12:10:44 by saturnotaku »

Offline dimmu

« Reply #59 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 12:31:58 »
My girlfriend just got an 87U and started posting Friday, so this entry goes out to her.

==============================================================

Admiration for aviation started for the subject in Kindergarten. The subject reports there being a "student of the month" system in which an honored student would choose a toy out of the box to take home. Sometime in the year of 1995, subject pulled out a yellow and chrome die-cast model of an F-15 Eagle fighter plane.

As indicated by the memory's level of detail, it may be postulated that such an event had a significant effect on the subject's early interests. The yellow F-15 acted as the catalyst for the subject's long held enthusiasm for aircraft which quickly led to a fascination with the fictional spacecraft and mecha genres.

The following chart is an incomprehensive history on endeavours into being an imaginary pilot.

[1995] Ages 5-6:

Die-cast F-15 Eagle (yellow and chrome); no image;

Jetfire G2
Show Image

X-Wing Power of the Force
Show Image

Flight Simulator on home IBM Computer
Show Image

Raptor on home IBM Computer
Show Image

[1996-97] Age 6-8:

Snowspeeder Power of the Force
Show Image

Family purchased Vaio computer which eventually became subject's first computer.
Show Image

X-Wing vs. TIE Fighter
Show Image

Wing Commander III
Show Image

6915: Warp Wing Fighter
Show Image

Subject has first experience of flying on a commercial jet [13 hours overseas flight]. Pilot hands subject a pair of "pilot wings." 

[1998-99] Age 8-10:

Discovered Gundam Wing, purchased and assembled* 1/144 model of XXXG-01W Wing Gundam. * = Helped assemble, but mostly watched and handed tools/trays/stickers to babysitter to assemble.

Show Image

Lego Set 6582: Daredevil Flight Squad
Show Image

Lego Set 2532: Aircraft and Ground Crew
Show Image

Lego Set 7130: Snowspeeder
Show Image

Pokemon discovered; continued to struggle on wing commander III; learned how to assemble gundam models without assistance.

[2000-01] Age 10-12:

Lego Set 7314: Recon Mech RP
Show Image

Armored Core 2
Show Image

Ace Combat 04: Shattered Skies
Show Image

Subject takes an online colorblind test and tests positive for Deutranopia.

[2002-3] Age 12-14:

Skywarp Deluxe
Show Image

Armored Core 3
Show Image

Multiple gundam sets purchased and built.

Neon Genesis Evangelion anime discovered.

[2004-8] Age 14-19:

Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Show Image

Armored Core 4
Show Image

Armored Core For Answer
Show Image

Multiple gundam sets purchased and built.

Subject discovers that commercial airline pilots must not be colorblind. Subject begins to accept that they will not become a commercial pilot.

Fakeflight alias acquired, gmail registered. Name is chosen based on all of subject's piloting experience being "fake" but nevertheless enjoyable.

[2009-10] Age 19-21:

Subject reports difficulty on "Fakeflight" username; too many questions about drug use, philosophy, religion etc. Subject looks for a more literal username.

Lastpilot alias acquired, gmail registered.

i just noticed this, but i used to stay up late just playing that raptor game too. it was pretty challenging until you get enough funds to buy that homing device then everything else pretty much melts with minimal effort. man, i loved that game.

Offline dimmu

« Reply #60 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 12:42:46 »

Dood... wtf... I played RO since beta (2001-2002?) up until like maybe 3-4 years ago... WHY DIDN'T I KNOW YOU PLAYED THIS?!

I played on iRO loki for a year or two in the beginning.  Walking through prontera was such a mess with all the merch bots

Show Image

I remember nolifing Ragnarok in the Philippines before I moved to the U.S. I actually was named Synjin in Ragnarok and it was also my name in my Tekken DR SM clan when i was competing in 2007 before I left.

wow. i'm feeling so nostalgic right now. i used to play on iRO Loki, too right before comodo patch kicked in.

I was on iRO Loki too back in the day 0_0

i remember i used to play that game on a junky sony celeron laptop. you could always hear its agony whenever christmas event hits and that snow animation starts showing. my first char was a wiz named dimmu_borgir but i played my battlesage (later turned battle scholar), ben_stein more. i really enjoyed pvp duels and skirmishes and the extreme grindyness at the later levels of that game.

Offline Darkside

« Reply #61 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 13:05:49 »
I don't have a Bro Bot.
I have a Topre keyboard.
..and  I don't meet the minimum post count! Curse being a lurker!
Nooooooo!

I named myself after the CC Vader cap, which I read being called the 'Dark Side' keycap in different sites. It was one of my favorite keycaps because of how very black and dark it was compared to CC's other colorful variants. I love black keycaps and I've always wanted to own a Bro Bot. :(

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #62 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:53:20 »
Awesome giveaway! Props to you for being so generous.

My handle's origin is probably the least interesting of them all. Early in high school I needed a new alias for getting more into Counter-Strike, so one day in English class I picked up a dictionary, turned to a random page, and picked a word off of the page I turned to. 'P' is relatively close to the center of the alphabet, it's the page I turned to. Added a '0' for that extra 1337 flair, and I've used it ever since for practically everything.
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #63 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 19:59:13 »
I love you guys, so many damn giveaways!

I have no Topre, just wanted to say that you're awesome =)
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 08:35:38 »
Just a bit over a day left to enter!

Offline Moralless

« Reply #65 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:25:25 »
Thanks asdf for this giveaway! :thumb: And I currently do not have any topre bros

A short time before I joined GH, I was helping(volunteering) my mom at her work so I can have some work experience put down for my resume(she worked at a place that looked after old people but not a retirement home).
There was this filipino guy who I always had to help with his lunch (cut his food, warm/cool his food etc.) and on one occasion I mentioned to him that I wasn't getting paid for this (I honestly wasn't working that much maybe 5-10 hours per week). When I told him that he said something along the lines of "Oh you're a volunteer? Then how come your name is Morales if you're really not moral less(Morales is my last name)? He said Morales and moral less with the same tone so I got confused and when I realized what he was talking about after I asked what he meant by that and I just thought that was one of the most cheesiest jokes(and horrible pun) I've ever heard and it was the first thing I thought off when I was signing  here because I'm a sucker for horrible puns  :)).

Offline MrexD

• aka mrwoodyxd
« Reply #66 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:53:02 »
No Topre, just thought I'd share my lame name.

For years I've used the name mrwoodyxd

mrwoody because my nickname has been Woody IRL since I stole it from my dad. His nickname was/is also Woody.

Added the MR because why not. And the xd because I like the "xD" emote.

Then when I joined Reddit/Geekhack I changed it to Mr E xD because I wanted to be a "mystery" eh? eh? see what i did there?

ugh... shoot me.

EDit: I'd just like to add, that although I now find it lame to be Mr E xD I actually like how it sounds as Em-Recksed, so, swings and roundabouts

« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 09:54:45 by MrexD »
Pok3r MX CLears

Offline rockhawksam

• I'm a big dirty **** Hawk
    • tanglingstars.com
« Reply #67 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 10:05:06 »
thanks for doing this! Still don't have any bros, so I would love to win this one! When I made this name I was a little kid who was obsessed with collecting rocks, Tony Hawk, and my name is Sam. The name was originally used for club penguin but I've stuck with it for like 10 years now!

Offline pesky brat

« Reply #68 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 16:13:56 »
I'm a little shy of the post count, but I thought I'd give my entry anyway.

I have two Topre boards, a blank white HHKB and a black Realforce TKL 55g.

I don't have a BroBot, but I do have a couple of Bro Caps from the last sale.

My name comes back from my old RuneScape days. I had a main account, "ron potter55", but I decided to make a second account to go archer pure, with a side goal of annoying people as much as possible. Thus, the name "pesky brat" popped into my head. I liked it better than "ron potter55" so I started using it elsewhere, for other gaming accounts mostly. Quite frankly, I wish I picked a better name, but I've used this one on dozens of accounts, so now I feel its too late to switch.

If I win, I'll pay it forward and do a giveaway of my own.
« Last Edit: Fri, 20 February 2015, 16:17:44 by pesky brat »

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 16:18:17 »
I'm so close to acquiring my first Topre keyboard. ;_;
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #70 on: Fri, 20 February 2015, 17:03:19 »

I'm so close to acquiring my first Topre keyboard. ;_;

If you know you'll be getting one soon, just go ahead any enter.

Just didn't want anyone with the intent of just trading it for an MX brobot

Offline foxer

• Formerly wadeu
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 07:08:33 »
Haha, thanks. Well my name is pretty **** in all fairness. Originates from SC2, ofc. Was a huge lover back in the day, and loved MKP. As many know, he was known as 'foxer'. I just loved watching him and despite being a Protoss player myself, I loved Terran above anything else. So cut the bull****, I just stole his name because I'm an unimaginative *******. Sorry, Lee Jung Hoon. Forgive me. ;-;
Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 10:32:17 »
Just under 3 and a half hours left to enter

Winner will be announced sometime today

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 14:29:57 »
Heya, I'm pretty new to this artisan thing so I don't have any bros yet. I have one FN key from Hotkeys (the teal one). My HHKB is in route as we speak.
My username is something dumb someone called me on a forum maybe 10 years ago and it just stuck with me. It's not very clever but I don't mind.
I'd be so glad to have a bro though. I bought the dark grey edition of the HHKB and I plan to put the white keycaps on it. Having a black ESC key (and a BRO!) would look awesome IMO.
Thanks <3

Congrats! PM me your info

Offline swill

• * Elevated Elder
  • builder & enabler
    • swillkb.com
Re: BroBot Giveaway!!! Topre Blackout v2 (Glossy). Winner announced!
« Reply #74 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:00:02 »
Heya, I'm pretty new to this artisan thing so I don't have any bros yet. I have one FN key from Hotkeys (the teal one). My HHKB is in route as we speak.
My username is something dumb someone called me on a forum maybe 10 years ago and it just stuck with me. It's not very clever but I don't mind.
I'd be so glad to have a bro though. I bought the dark grey edition of the HHKB and I plan to put the white keycaps on it. Having a black ESC key (and a BRO!) would look awesome IMO.
Thanks <3

Congrats. :)

Offline yomammary

« Reply #75 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 15:28:17 »
Awesome! Thank you :)
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #76 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 18:31:02 »
Congrats yomammary - that's a very nice BB you've just won yourself :)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline pr0ximity

« Reply #77 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 19:21:15 »
Congrats yomammary!
| Flickr | KMAC 1.2 | Koala | GSKT-00-Z | GSKT-00-AEK | GON NerD60 | Jane V2 CE | Whale | J80S | Ibis | Pro2 | Pro1 | 356mini | 356CL DGE | G80-5000 HAMDE | IBM 1390120 | IBM F AT | IBM F122 | IBM 3101 | Zenith Z-150

Offline HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #78 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 19:51:15 »
Congrats yomammary :thumb:

Offline yomammary

« Reply #79 on: Sat, 21 February 2015, 20:03:36 »
Thank you all :-*
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline ghostjuggernaut

• * Curator
« Reply #80 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 09:08:37 »
Congrats yomammary!

Offline jackalope

• Now with 20% more soul.
« Reply #81 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 15:08:00 »
Congrats yomammary, that is a beautiful bro to add to any collection. 
eh o well

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #82 on: Mon, 23 February 2015, 15:48:58 »
Thanks <3

Congrats yomammary!!  :D  And thanks to asdf for hosting the giveaway.  :)

Offline yomammary

« Reply #83 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 08:55:42 »
Thanks to asdfjkl36 again for the giveaway and quick shipping :thumb:

« Last Edit: Sat, 07 March 2015, 08:59:22 by yomammary »
RF 87u 55g | Leeku 1800

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #84 on: Sat, 07 March 2015, 14:20:13 »

Thanks to asdfjkl36 again for the giveaway and quick shipping :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Sweet, glad it got there safely :D