Author Topic: Obligatory NU Post  (Read 917 times)

Offline diosim

• Science, I LOVE IT!
    • ModSimDev
Obligatory NU Post
« on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 01:02:25 »
I only just got into MKs this past year but I already feel like I've gotten in pretty deep.

I own a Shine 3 and a Poker II

I've "modded" the Ducky with Daydream Led covers and have actually Modded my Poker with custom Led's. http://imgur.com/a/hxQJI

Over the past week I've already purchased sufficient Led's to mod my Ducky and am investigating proper methods.

Looking forward to furthering my hobby and learning new things.

EDIT:
The primary reason I've actually joined the community is that I really, really enjoyed moding my poker with its custom leds and would actually like to do so for other folks. I'm still working out the logistics and haven't yet checked to see if others offer the service, but thats just another reason I've joined

Thank you for your Time
« Last Edit: Wed, 18 February 2015, 01:07:15 by diosim »
Thank you for your time.

My Boards | My Work

Offline infiniti

• I <3 KB
  • * Senior Moderator
  • Bob was here
    • PM me and ask for a custom title!
Re: Obligatory NU Post
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 18 February 2015, 09:36:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack! :thumb:

Nice work on the Poker!  What "proper methods" are you looking for in modding your Ducky?  You'll do an LED swap?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Obligatory NU Post
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 22 February 2015, 00:42:27 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's fantastic if it was your first serious soldering attempt!

Swapping LEDs is a bit more involved than just soldering in new LEDs - removing the old ones can sometimes take far longer and be much more tricky.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ