Author Topic: Double click on 2 MS mice  (Read 1879 times)

Offline hewa

Double click on 2 MS mice
« on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:03:24 »
My old IMO 1.1 mouse developed a very annoying double clicking issue on LMB so I decided to replace it with a (refurbished) WMO which also started to double click after only a couple of months. Is this a common issue with these mice, and if so, is there a fix? Is it possible for me to recycle the right click from the 1.1 and use it for left click in the WMO? Sorry if this has been discussed before, thanks

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Double click on 2 MS mice
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:06:44 »
Sounds like the switches are starting to go. You can recycle or find another mouse/mice to harvest switches from. You can also figure out the microswitch that you like and that will fit and order it from say Mouser or your favorite electronics parts site/store.

Offline hewa

« Reply #2 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:18:55 »
Cheers, I'm kind of new to all of this. Does that mean any switch will work as long as the size is appropriate? For example, I have a broken Logitech G500 mouse with perfectly fine buttons, would soldering these in work?

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #3 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 14:24:58 »
I believe that as long as the microswitch has the correct pins and fits, it should work. I didn't really check that hard to be honest. I just ripped out microswitches from one mouse and shoved it into another. Worked out OK.

I have no idea what's in the G500 and if they'll fit into your other mice. Only thing I can really suggest is to get into your mice or try and find pictures online.

Offline davkol

•  Post Editing Timeout
« Reply #4 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 15:56:57 »
These Microsoft mice used two-pin switches IIRC. You'd have to cut off one pin from an Omron switch.