Author Topic: Cats+Keyboards...  (Read 1713 times)

Offline C5Allroad

• Formerly HUNTERANGEL121
  • Watch out, I post when half asleep.
Cats+Keyboards...
« on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 20:50:21 »
I freaking swear, if I didn't have a keyboard on my desk, my cat would never come up here...

Pic as an example...

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Cats+Keyboards...
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 26 February 2015, 21:16:27 »
I thought this was going to be another cat vomit on the keyboard thread ...
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Sifo

• Illustrious
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 01:58:35 »
My cat knows to stay away from my keyboards. He still climbs on the desk and fur gets everywhere though.
I love Elzy

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 02:26:27 »
I was expecting this to be a ducky ad with a duck girl.
I'm so let down.
**** this.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 04:04:40 »
I'm so let down.
**** this.

What has that got to do with cats?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 10:29:39 »
My cat knows to stay away from my keyboards. He still climbs on the desk and fur gets everywhere though.
He wants to sleep, on my lap, since I'm doing homework, he takes advantage of an empty keyboard.

I don't want to use what I've dubbed "The Punisher"(windex bottle replaced with water) near the keyboard, or my monitor. If I miss, monitor is wet, and cat will run scared and possible mess up my board trying to run off of it.

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 13:45:53 »
lol My Pixel is the opposite. When she was a kitten she walked across my Pure with Blues and the clicking must've scarred her for life because now whenever she hops onto my computer desk she raises her body and tiptoes super paranoid around the keyboard :))

Offline IvanIvanovich

• Mr. Silk Underwear
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 13:54:05 »
If you have enough light for it to survive, try putting a lemongrass or lavender plant on the desk. Most cats don't seem to like how it smells and will stay away from it.

Offline Novus

• Formerly the1onewolf
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • Mondai nothing~
« Reply #8 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 14:25:10 »
I'm so let down.
**** this.

What has that got to do with cats?

I wrote cat
Some ******* edited it :/

Offline C5Allroad

« Reply #9 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 21:42:31 »
If you have enough light for it to survive, try putting a lemongrass or lavender plant on the desk. Most cats don't seem to like how it smells and will stay away from it.
My room receives no sunlight... :(