Author Topic: MKAWA's POWER KAWA KORNER: b-stock/prototype titanium, 4790K, hadron, grado  (Read 2316 times)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
folks, i have a number of prototypes and other bits of projects that didn't work out for sale.

SMALLFRY PROTOTYPES

1. PRISON PINK CERAMIC COATED JD40 TITANIUM BOTTOM PLATE (blemish, rejected color) 30$ SOLD to CPinkTBadass!
2. ZOMBIE GREEN CERAMIC COATED JD40 TITANIUM BOTTOM PLATE (rejected color) 40$
3. GLOSSY CLEAR CERAMIC COATED JD40 TITANIUM BOTTOM PLATE (rejected finish) 40$
3. SET LIME GREEN POWDERCOAT JD40 TITANIUM PLATE SET (top plate needs careful filing to fit switches) 100$

RANDOMS

1. Intel 4790K CPU NEW 270$ 225
2. EVGA Hadron Hydro Case with 500W PSU (DRIVE BAYS REMOVED) 80$
3. Alessandro Music Series 1 Headphone (comparable to Grado sr125) 90$
4. 2x4gb crucial ddr3 1600 ram 55$
5. samsung XP491 M.2 PCIe x4 (32gb/s) SSD 100$
6. kingston 120gb 300V SSD 30$

the headphones have an interesting story. these were the first pair of "high end" headphones i ever purchased: in 1999 or 1998 or thereabouts. after 15 years of service, i finally sent them in repair on an intermittent left coil wire and the shocked and impressed alessandro team promptly replaced both drivers, housings and headphone -- basically yielding a brand new set of headphones. the alessandro music series is a headphone series that is very close to the grado sr series, but has been voiced for classical guitar, and uprated in subtle ways. the MS1 uses most of the construction of the sr125, but a slightly different driver setup. however, these are built in the grado facility in the US, and the two companies share some kind of familiar bond or something.

anyway, these were my first headphone crush. these days, i've found that i just don't use them in favor of my (also 15 year old) pair of HD600s and a pair of desktop monitors. hoping to pass on the joy of the MS1 to the next generation :)

feel free to PM about anything else here.

oh, prices are shipped CONUS. international shipping at cost as usual.
« Last Edit: Thu, 05 March 2015, 06:08:18 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: MKAWA's POWER KAWA KORNER: b-stock/prototype titanium, 4790K, hadron, grado
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:32:29 »
What blemish is on the pink titanium bottom? And what's wrong with the finish on the glossy clear titanium bottom?

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:37:26 »
there are some scratch marks on the pink plate it from a misguided experiment to try to smooth the finish to more of a gloss (doesn't work, don't try it).

my feeling on the glossy was that the oiled raw titanium plates looked better, so why go through the expense of gloss coat them? anyway, i figured these might be fun for people to play around with, so i've put them up for far less than production cost. 'tis the price of being too ambitious and too picky about quality :P
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:42:09 by mkawa »

to all the brilliant friends who have left us, and all the students who climb on their shoulders.

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:44:53 »
Wishing i had cash for the lime set.
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:45:08 »
I'll take the pink Smallfry bottom :). YGPM

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 07:46:06 »
oh em gee the lime looks SO GOOD. switches are a very tight fit, or those would go into production. next run, i'll compensate for the powdercoating thickness :)

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
i think i still have these

Offline mkawa

•  No Marketplace Access
  • (ツ)@@@. crankypants
oops. prices

Offline nogamesplayed

pm sent  :)
--------->[WTB] Radeon HD 7950 or better<---------