Author Topic: [FALSE ALARM] ebay goofball listing  (Read 1339 times)

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
[FALSE ALARM] ebay goofball listing
« on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 15:55:15 »
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:12:35 by fohat.digs »
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
Re: Model F AT on ebay cheap goofball listing
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 15:58:41 »
What if he ends up sending a model m something, then your stuck arguing over a photo?

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:02:28 »
Life is easier when people are careful and don't make mistakes.
Citizens United violates the essence of what made America a great country in its political system. Now it’s just an oligarchy, with unlimited political bribery being the essence of getting the nominations for president or to elect the president.
So now we’ve just seen a complete subversion of our political system as a payoff to major contributors, who want and expect and sometimes get favors for themselves after the election’s over.”
- Jimmy Carter 2015

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:06:45 »
I'm still waiting on the AT F I bought a few weeks ago since they sent something else the first time I'm not risking another one as tempting as it may be.

PS: DON'T buy this based on the pic I messaged the seller be put the wrong pic up.  :-\
« Last Edit: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:09:41 by SpAmRaY »

Offline SpaceGhost

Re: [FALSE ALARM] ebay goofball listing
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:37:36 »
If any of you fell for this scam, be advised the actual keyboard you are about to get is a 122-key Model M made by Lexmark in 1994.

Offline SpAmRaY

• NOT a Moderator
  • * Certified Spammer
  • because reasons.......
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:54:27 »

Offline scubaste

« Reply #6 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 16:58:30 »
So I was the one that bought it, I messaged the seller asking for more pictures and asked that he would confirm that it was the item in the photo and not a model M as listed. He replied, "its the model M i had issue with the listing i couldn't remove it it automatically select the listing one here are mine, please let me know if you are satisfied." He had 2 pics of a M 122 key attached. I asked to cancel and he said no problem. Auction has been cancelled and paypal money has been refunded. Crisis averted.

Offline fohat.digs

• * Elevated Elder
  • weird funny old guy
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 27 February 2015, 17:17:14 »
Sorry, guys.

I try to be helpful but this weird crap is making me think that I should just sit on my hands.

This thread has helped me get quite a bit of good gear, over the years, so I do still think that it is valuable.
- Jimmy Carter 2015