Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1866 times)

Offline captainish

Hello All
« on: Mon, 02 March 2015, 22:40:54 »
My friend brought his Razer over my house in November, and now I own 3 mechs. Found this forum in my hunt for cool keycaps. Looking forward to diving in deeper.  :D

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Hello All
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:34:42 »
Hello captainish and welcome to Geekhack! You will definitely find some cool keycaps here! Are you talking about keycap sets or one-off artisan caps?

Offline captainish

« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:42:54 »
Mostly keyset group buys, but I am a huge fan of KWKs.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:45:55 »
KwKs and KbK (his old name) are super clean caps. I would love to get some one day. Especially those topre FN sets.  :o

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 02:26:02 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

What three keyboards have you got?

And good luck in your search for Artisan keycaps!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline captainish

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:09:48 »
My current boards are a Ducky shine mini (Blues), Quickfire TK (browns), and a Novatouch TKL.

I am still in my search for my favorite switch type.

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
« Reply #6 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:15:11 »
My current boards are a Ducky shine mini (Blues), Quickfire TK (browns), and a Novatouch TKL.

For some that's a road that never ends. Be careful.  :))

Welcome to Geekhack!
« Last Edit: Mon, 09 March 2015, 23:25:18 by LXXXIX »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #7 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 01:48:47 »

Blues, browns and 45g Topre, an interesting mix, but all fairly soft switches.  Maybe you need to try blacks, greens, 55g Topre or even buckling spring next ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline captainish

« Reply #8 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 22:59:05 »

Blues, browns and 45g Topre, an interesting mix, but all fairly soft switches.  Maybe you need to try blacks, greens, 55g Topre or even buckling spring next ;)

I am looking to upgrade from my TK soon, mostly due to that odd space bar sizing, and I am not a fan of browns. Going to try a board with clears or blacks next. Loving the novatouch right now. I can see the ducky mini turning into an HHKB in my future  :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #9 on: Wed, 18 March 2015, 05:18:31 »

I am looking to upgrade from my TK soon, mostly due to that odd space bar sizing, and I am not a fan of browns. Going to try a board with clears or blacks next. Loving the novatouch right now. I can see the ducky mini turning into an HHKB in my future  :D

I like blacks.  I'd like to try clears one day.  I like greens more though.  And I have found that I like buckling spring even more!