Author Topic: Heyo GeekHack!  (Read 859 times)

Offline Kinaesthetic

Heyo GeekHack!
« on: Tue, 03 March 2015, 20:46:21 »
Been a lurker over here for a bit ever since I started getting into keyboards. Finally caved in and made an account over here. Keyboard journey really started with the Apple Extended Keyboard II back when I was a young'un back where my grandfather got me into computers. Fast forward many years later, and I've now returned to true form. Recent keyboards began with the legendary membrane (yeah, I know, but still it is one heck of a good membrane) Saitek Eclipse II after years of using Apple laptop keyboards. Then the urge to get a mechanical keyboard made me pick up a Ducky Zero Shine with MX Browns. And now, the final urge (hopefully) ends up with me now using the Topre Realforce 104U as my daily driver.

And after lurking here, I'm sad to say that my wallet will probably cry because I'm now going to probably end up collecting artisan caps/keysets. Now I have a nice clean slate to start collecting for my daily driver below :D!

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
Re: Heyo GeekHack!
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:32:48 »
Hello there and welcome to Geekhack! The artisan game is an addicting one.  :p  But you seem to know what you are doing already! #topremasterrace

Offline dustinhxc

• * Exalted Elder
  • IV
    • Gray Designs
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 04 March 2015, 14:43:28 »
What a beautiful Realforce you have there! Welcome! :D

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 09 March 2015, 02:25:19 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Nice green modifiers :)  Did you end up buying a full set of printed green keycaps, or were you lucky enough to find a set of just the modifiers?

And you could be right about your wallet.  It is easy to say you are not going to buy something.  But then a group buy starts, and it is just too tempting to miss!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ