Author Topic: TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB with AEK and old Alps keyboard layout support  (Read 23335 times)

Offline zacbir

Re: TMK Alps64 - 60% PCB with AEK and old Alps keyboard layout support
« Reply #50 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 11:00:13 »
I love this keyboard. I lucked out and got a GH60 case with plenty of room underneath. Anyone considered adding bluetooth support inside? I've broken down a Logitech K760 and have considered using an Adafruit Bluefruit Friend board + extras. Does the Alps64 board support any GPIO?

Offline hasu

• @tmk
    • tmk keyboard firmware project
« Reply #51 on: Thu, 12 July 2018, 18:43:39 »
I love this keyboard. I lucked out and got a GH60 case with plenty of room underneath. Anyone considered adding bluetooth support inside? I've broken down a Logitech K760 and have considered using an Adafruit Bluefruit Friend board + extras. Does the Alps64 board support any GPIO?

Current revision of the PCB supports 3 GPIO pinouts, you can find on right side of microcontroller.

TMK products:HHKB Alt  ⌨ConvertersAlps64FC660C AltFC980C Alt

Offline abrahamstechnology

« Reply #52 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 17:34:13 »
Hi, what's the full bill of materials? Thanks.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #53 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 17:45:38 »

No BOM file but KiCAD files still are available on github, check first post. I think you can know them from there.

« Reply #54 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 18:02:25 »

No BOM file but KiCAD files still are available on github, check first post. I think you can know them from there.

Can you tell me what components are needed per board? LCSC doesn't seem to like the BOM file that KiCad generates. Thanks.

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #55 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 19:12:43 »

Can you tell me what components are needed per board? LCSC doesn't seem to like the BOM file that KiCad generates. Thanks.

I have no time to do that for a while. Can you collect components by hand from KiCAD and post it by text format here?
No special component there  but I'll be able to correct it if it is not exact or needs to be specific.

« Reply #56 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 20:19:07 »
Ok, I can see the values of the resistors and caps, but don't know the size of them. Also I don't know anything about the clock crystal, the LED being used, or the surface mount button. (Sorry, I'm new to KiCAD and PCBs)

Offline hasu

• @tmk
« Reply #57 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 20:50:06 »

Ok, I can see the values of the resistors and caps, but don't know the size of them. Also I don't know anything about the clock crystal, the LED being used, or the surface mount button. (Sorry, I'm new to KiCAD and PCBs)

All of resistors and capacitors are 1608 metric except that big capacitor is 3216.
Led is obsolete SML012 and probably hard to obtain outside of Japan,  but you will be able to find alternatives easily.
Crytal is Seiko Epson FA238 or compatible and its capacitors depends on the crystal's spec. You have to consult with datasheet to decide the value. I'm using 10pF instead of 22 for now BTW. Alps SKRP is used for the button on this project.

What is your plan on this? I guess you better change pcb design for components you can obtain cheaply and easily perhaps.

« Reply #58 on: Mon, 31 December 2018, 21:01:39 »

All of resistors and capacitors are 1608 metric except that big capacitor is 3216.
Led is obsolete SML012 and probably hard to obtain outside of Japan,  but you will be able to find alternatives easily.
Crytal is Seiko Epson FA238 or compatible and its capacitors depends on the crystal's spec. You have to consult with datasheet to decide the value. I'm using 10pF instead of 22 for now BTW. Alps SKRP is used for the button on this project.

What is your plan on this? I guess you better change pcb design for components you can obtain cheaply and easily perhaps.

Ok, I think I'm all set, thanks!