Author Topic: Free Steam Keys [currently on hiatus]  (Read 55391 times)

Offline Alphablaze22

Re: Free Steam Keys [now with more keys!]
« Reply #200 on: Tue, 09 February 2016, 16:27:45 »
Do you still have the Nosgoth Veteran pack or inMomentum? Any mmo stuff? I'll do a vid review if so

Offline skitty

Re: Insurgency Review
« Reply #201 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:25:50 »
I'm 40 hrs into Insurgency. I've become totally addicted to it. It's not really like I imagined it, I guess it's better. There is no single player campaign, just online co-ops. It has a lot of great aspects to it but some really stand out. This game is not really that prone to individual show offs, it's all about team work and working together to reach the objectives. In some games both teams are working together so well that the matches become very tense and dramatic.

I have a little over 200 hrs in Insurgency. It's an amazing game and I had to force myself to stop playing because it was taking too much time away from my other hobbies.

Offline deductivemonkee

• Professional Lurker
« Reply #202 on: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:35:00 »
My friends been bugging me to get company of heroes 2...

My review of fallout 4:
Finally got fallout 4, played a few hours, here are my thoughts. The story is great, dogmeat is adorable with his little bandanas and such, and Piper is the most annoying follower. The textures up close are far from mind blowing quality, the building is slow and tedious, and I can't scrap everything I want to. Modded however, textures are better looking and less vram heavy, I can build any object existing in the game, whole cabins, pre war cars, and I can scrap the grass peeking through concrete.

So, out of 10, I'd give it a 7/10
But with mods, it deserves a 9/10
« Last Edit: Fri, 12 February 2016, 20:39:37 by Deductivemonkee »
oh yeah I saw that crazy **** if that doesn't win I'm deleting my account

/ orthodox - 78g zealios / alps64 - mtsc / sentraq s-60x rgb - gat blues / let's split - 67g zealios / let's split - 67g zealios /

Offline ThatGamer

« Reply #203 on: Sat, 20 February 2016, 07:15:28 »
PixelJunk™ Monsters Ultimate plz

Offline Asininity

« Reply #204 on: Wed, 06 April 2016, 12:11:34 »
I've been absent from this thread due to obligations. I'm going to send out keys where applicable and then leave this thread on a sort of hiatus.
« Last Edit: Wed, 06 April 2016, 13:15:17 by Asininity »

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
Re: Free Steam Keys [currently on hiatus]
« Reply #205 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 16:37:45 »
If I have some un-redeemed keys that I could give away, where do I send them? To Asinity or someone else? Have three Steam keys and six Origin keys.
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline Asininity

« Reply #206 on: Sat, 16 April 2016, 23:56:35 »
If I have some un-redeemed keys that I could give away, where do I send them? To Asinity or someone else? Have three Steam keys and six Origin keys.

Keys are always great! Unfortunately I am currently taking a hiatus. However, you could create your own thread or post the keys in the Free Stuff! thread in the classified section. 

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #207 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 15:39:30 »
I'll take any Dark Souls 3 keys. Or just one really.  ;)

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #208 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:01:19 »
Do we have a GeekHack steam community?  It might be good to create one, and we can be sure that people aren't coming just for steam keys.  Then distribute the keys on giveaways on Steamgifts.  I've had success doing it that way on other boards.

Offline funderburker

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #209 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:07:13 »
Do we have a GeekHack steam community?  It might be good to create one, and we can be sure that people aren't coming just for steam keys.  Then distribute the keys on giveaways on Steamgifts.  I've had success doing it that way on other boards.

This is an great idea! Well I haven't checked for one & I haven't heard about it either. Is it a hard task?
Keyboard design by Skepur

My boards: TMO50 FE:06 | LAGOM Groda-T | TMOv2 R1 prototype | Onyx FRL TKL prototype | Stege TKL prototype | Ellipse prototype | Cyberstar

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #210 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:10:54 »

This is an great idea! Well I haven't checked for one & I haven't heard about it either. Is it a hard task?

Not a hard task. I started to do it- and figured I'd better as first since I've only been here for a couple of months.  I can do it- but I'd just like a mod's ok before I did anything like that.

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #211 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:16:27 »
Theres an unofficial one that has a lot of members in it already :)

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/geekhackcommunity

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #212 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:31:13 »

That's cool.. joined!

... which brings the second part.  It's not limited in joining, so it won't work to restrict people from just joining for keys.  And unfortunately, people do that.

Thoughts?

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #213 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:32:43 »

That's cool.. joined!

... which brings the second part.  It's not limited in joining, so it won't work to restrict people from just joining for keys.  And unfortunately, people do that.

Thoughts?

I think the group was made just to find other gh users on steam.. If you want to give away keys I would just do it through a thread on the forums here, that way you will get more people to see it too.

Offline chuckdee

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #214 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 17:41:21 »

That's cool.. joined!

Thoughts?

I think the group was made just to find other gh users on steam.. If you want to give away keys I would just do it through a thread on the forums here, that way you will get more people to see it too.

I'd prefer it not to be first come first serve, but some kind of lottery.  Steamgifts is perfect for that, if linked to a group that you can verify the members.  Would it be a problem if I set up a closed group to facilitate that?  Or would you rather that not be done?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #215 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 21:58:04 »

Why does the description stats "No rubber domes allowed."?

Does that men Topre users are unwelcome?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline noisyturtle

• * Exalted Elder
  • comfortably numb
« Reply #216 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 22:28:39 »

YES

Offline byker

• Literally Canada
  • ** Moderator Emeritus
« Reply #217 on: Sun, 17 April 2016, 23:00:42 »

That's cool.. joined!

Thoughts?

I'd prefer it not to be first come first serve, but some kind of lottery.  Steamgifts is perfect for that, if linked to a group that you can verify the members.  Would it be a problem if I set up a closed group to facilitate that?  Or would you rather that not be done?

My recommendation would be to open a thread and have people post to enter, then pick winners at the end. If you would prefer to make a closed group, then go ahead though. We can have as many unofficial groups as we please :)

I guess thats why I'm not a member  :p