Author Topic: Recommendations on a TKL or less!!!???  (Read 732 times)

Offline sumni

Recommendations on a TKL or less!!!???
« on: Fri, 13 March 2015, 03:48:14 »
Hello!!

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask but I wanted to ask if there were any recommendations for a TKL or less keyboard. I've been using a steelseries 6gv2 with Cherry MX Red switches for a few years now, but now that I have found this site I have really wanted to start finding a keyboard that I would actually like to spend money on keycaps and modding, etc. I'm an avid gamer and a 3rd year computer science student so I wanted something that might fit both needs and wanted to stay with MX reds and something definitely smaller than a full size (the keyboard bumps into my chest when I turn it sideways to play CS:GO), however I do play games that need dedicated arrow keys(*ahem maplestory ahem*) and LOVE my media keys so it would probably have to be bigger than a 60 percent unless anyone knows of a way I could get around that issue as I would love to have a 60 percent!

So far my research has landed me on two keyboards that have really caught my eye but I haven't been able to convince myself to purchase them for a few reasons:

1. Ducky DK2087: This has been pretty much everything I wanted but unfortunately, I haven't been able to find them available for an adequate price ANYWHERE. It seems they are out of stock everywhere I have checked. If anyone has any news on any future iterations of a Ducky TKL or why they're so difficult to find anywhere please let me know!

2. Vortex KBT Race II: I really liked this one as well but I've heard mixed reviews from what few there were about LED's failing rather quickly, and it not having a plate so it sometimes felt rather mushy when bottoming out. The sturdiness is something I've enjoyed from my 6gv2. Also I've heard that finding custom keycaps can be a little difficult as the layout is non standard.

At this point it seems like everything I've researched about 75 percent keyboards has lead me to believe that none of them would fit my needs perfectly so I look now to TKL's. Does anyone have any information about the Ducky's or a comparable brand. If anyone has any recommendations for a solid keyboard that would be cool to buy custom keycaps for or mod it would be much appreciated.

I'm also kind of like having items from brands that are a bit lesser known although I don't really care about that, just want a good keyboard!

Sorry if this thread has been repeated multiple times or is in the wrong place, I tried searching really quickly but nothing fit my needs haha

Thank you for reading!~~~