Author Topic: Hi from Spain!  (Read 1196 times)

Offline astrafo

Hi from Spain!
« on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 15:05:54 »
Hola a todos!

So all the interesting conversations about key lovers are here, right? As some of you, looking for info about keyboards I ended up here (so nice to find a place like this).

My next post will be probably a question about getting a new keyboard, but I suppose the presentations go first, so... Hello everyone, I love quality keyboards and I'm proving it by attaching a pic of my current keyboard. In a month it will be 26 years old...

* modelspanish-model-m.jpg (0 kB - downloaded 63 times.)

All the best,
(and sorry for my English)

/astrafo

Offline Snowdog993

• Grace Under Pressure
  • Justifiably Clueless.
Re: Hi from Spain!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 15:29:28 »
I think your link is dead.  Nice start with a Model M.  Hopefully we can all see that picture soon!

Offline astrafo

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 15 March 2015, 15:42:50 »
Ok... it seems I'm having problems managing the attachments.
Here goes the second try...
« Last Edit: Sun, 15 March 2015, 15:44:35 by astrafo »

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 04:31:39 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

That's a nice clean M :)

I have three now - two full size and one SSK.  The classic keyboard that just keeps working!
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline alex952

« Reply #4 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 14:07:35 »
Nice model M! Where did you find it in Spain? I'm driving myself nuts only thinking on where to look for one..

Offline astrafo

« Reply #5 on: Mon, 16 March 2015, 15:47:46 »
I didn't find it, it has been around since I was 7.

It has been at home since my father bought an IBM Personal System/2. A 8086 with great 320x200 / 256 color graphics (was it MCGA?)
I was in the garage for 4 years and when I was at University I took it as I realized (just a little) what quality keyboards are. After 3 or 4 years of heavy use in the worst place you could left this bad ass (a students squat) I left it for a while (some keys were not working because someone thought you could just pull springs off -- breaking them). Years later I heard about Unicomp and the bolt mod and you can imagine the rest of the story...

alex952, You can still find them on ebay (I saw one from Portugal last week) and get the replacement parts from Unicomp.