Author Topic: Need Info: Backlit keycaps for front mounted LEDs, or Side Print WoB PBT doublsh  (Read 1248 times)

Offline berserkfan

• changing diapers is more fun than model f assembly

I am interested in finding keycaps that can be used with front mounted LEDs. As opposed to the standard LEDs which make use of inverted Cherry switches and mount the leds at the back facing away from you.

PBT/ POM preferred, but I understand ABS is more common. I think 'side print WoB PBT doubleshots' may work also but don't have enough info.

Would appreciate any advice and further information. May also buy.

PS information on keyboards with front mounted LEDs is also welcome, but I'll not be a buyer. The GH36 project has front mounted LEDs so am basically looking for 1u keycaps that can be used with these.
Most of the modding can be done on your own once you break through the psychological barriers.

Offline qwack

CoolerMaster is releasing a keyboard with front mounted LEDs and side-print backlit legends. I don't think there is any backlit keyset for front-mounted LEDs available separately. Not sure any kind of side-print doubleshots are being produced either.

Pure Pro w/MX Red - [review]