Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 363820 times)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler - orders closed
« Reply #1000 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 13:15:17 »
I have 1 spare order for sale, $110 shipped to conus, pp gift. I will ship it directly to you when it arrives. First to PM gets it. SOLD
goddammit !!!!!! Haha if someone has a set I would love to buy it !!!!!
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1001 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 13:22:20 »
I have 1 spare order for sale, $110 shipped to conus, pp gift. I will ship it directly to you when it arrives. First to PM gets it. SOLD
goddammit !!!!!! Haha if someone has a set I would love to buy it !!!!!
Get in line!

Offline intelli78

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler - first pics posted
« Reply #1003 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:30:29 »
So much excite!  :p :eek:
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1004 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:31:32 »
I am going to be honest, that looks nothing like I expected it to. I wanted it to look like the header image on that article, but it looks very saturated...

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1005 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:35:46 »
I am going to be honest, that looks nothing like I expected it to. I wanted it to look like the header image on that article, but it looks very saturated...

Please remember this is a potato pic... the color has been translated from real life to a terrible cell phone camera and then back to your uncalibrated monitor... I have the actual color chip in front of me, it's definitely more saturated than the faded authentic set, but far less than shown in the potato pic. It's also got a lot more green in it than the GMK photo shows. Don't fret  :thumb:
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:22:37 by intelli78 »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1006 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:36:49 »

Please remember this is a potato pic... the color has been translated from real life to a terrible cell phone camera and then back to your uncalibrated monitor... I have the actual color chip in front of me, it's definitely more saturated than the faded authentic set, but far less than shown in the potato pic. Don't fret  :thumb:
Okay, I know that this was said about when you posted the color chip, but I just worry as I am excited for this, and I don't want to be disappointed.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1007 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:41:00 »
https://www.keychatter.com/2015/07/20/exclusive-first-look-at-gmk-triumph-adler/  :thumb:

I'm actually a little afraid to get this set... my wife may actually steal my keyboard   :-X

Totally should have ordered two :))

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1008 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:47:11 »
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
Maybe I won't sell my extra sets after all...
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
This looks so goooooood...
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Offline uJalled

• Shrimp cracker enthusiast
« Reply #1009 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:51:13 »
so many months of waiting have paid off  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1010 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 14:56:56 »
This is beautiful.  :-X

Offline Blackhawk

« Reply #1011 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:00:15 »
Now I regret not getting in on this :'(

Offline ccarlitos2

HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1013 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:38:34 »
Okay, I know that this was said about when you posted the color chip, but I just worry as I am excited for this, and I don't want to be disappointed.

Definitely, I don't want you to be disappointed either!!

Here is some really important info! I think you, and actually everyone, should read this.

I know I'm a broken record on this issue, but everyone MUST remember that colors you are seeing here are only a very, very rough approximation of real life!

Several times in this GB I have questioned whether I should stop posting pics altogether, since it's actually meaningless to talk about colors when we're all on different monitors. Worse than meaningless actually, because it makes people develop incorrect expectations.

Let's do a quick experiment to prove what I am saying: Below is a pic. I just took it using my Note 4 camera. The pic is me holding the real color chip next to my MacBook's screen showing a scan of the same color chip. They don't look the same AT ALL, do they? And furthermore, the real color chip doesn't actually look like either of the representations in this photo. And how this pic looks on my phone is different than how it looks on my MacBook, which is again different from how it probably looks on YOUR monitor. And all these colors look different than what's in GMK's photo, too, even though in real life they are all the same.

Moral of the story - digital representations of color are extremely misleading. Get hyped about the sets coming off the production line, imagine how juicy they are going to be, but don't get particularly angry or attached re: any specific color you see on your screen. I spent over $800 buying color chips to find the best colors I possibly could - I think you guys will be happy with the final results IRL.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1014 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:38:50 »
I am also worried about the color, but I'll like it either way :)

Just wish I would have bought two sets as I planned, just didn't have the cash :(

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1015 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:40:52 »

Here is some really important info! I think you, and actually everyone, should read this.

I know I'm a broken record on this issue, but everyone MUST remember that colors you are seeing here are only a very, very rough approximation of real life!

Several times in this GB I have questioned whether I should stop posting pics altogether, since it's actually meaningless to talk about colors when we're all on different monitors. Worse than meaningless actually, because it makes people develop incorrect expectations.

Let's do a quick experiment to prove what I am saying: Below is a pic. I just took it using my Note 4 camera. The pic is me holding the real color chip next to my MacBook's screen showing a scan of the same color chip. They don't look the same AT ALL, do they? And furthermore, the real color chip doesn't actually look like either of the representations in this photo. And how this pic looks on my phone is different than how it looks on my MacBook, which is again different from how it probably looks on YOUR monitor. And all these colors look different than what's in GMK's photo, too, even though in real life they are all the same.

Show Image

Moral of the story - digital representations of color are extremely misleading. Get hyped about the sets coming off the production line, imagine how juicy they are going to be, but don't get particularly angry or attached re: any specific color you see on your screen. I spent over $800 buying color chips to find the best colors I possibly could - I think you guys will be happy with the final results IRL.

intelliception

Offline tjcaustin

• King Klaxon
  • * Maker
  • King of All Klaxon Sciences and Cable Makery
    • Buy stuff
« Reply #1016 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:46:09 »
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

You might be selling one to me.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1017 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 15:51:51 »

Thank you for your devotion to spreading this knowledge.  Personally, even though I know it to be true, I sometimes forget that it's the case.  It's easy to get caught up and freak out about the colors of something you've bought sight-unseen.  But this is a good reality check.   :thumb:

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

You might be selling one to me.

Ahh, yes, of course.   :-*   So maybe I won't sell the other one.  :))

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1018 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:10:56 »

Show Image

Okay, I can see the difference.Thank you!

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1019 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:12:11 »
this is probably a dumb question, and has probably been answered somewhere in this thread, but... what are the actual GMK codes for this set?

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1020 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:18:11 »
this is probably a dumb question, and has probably been answered somewhere in this thread, but... what are the actual GMK codes for this set?

Only the modifier legends use a stock GMK color (2M). The other colors are all Pantone colors.

« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:20:19 by intelli78 »

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1021 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:25:52 »

Only the modifier legends use a stock GMK color (2M). The other colors are all Pantone colors.

Show Image

Thank you sir... a little gutted I missed this GB, but hey... next time.

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1022 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:48:49 »
I may be wrong, but if everything I read on this and on the IC threads are true, there won't be a "next time" for this set.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1023 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:52:09 »
I may be wrong, but if everything I read on this and on the IC threads are true, there won't be a "next time" for this set.

:'( Thanks! Thanks for popping my optimistic bubble!  :'(

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1024 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 16:59:42 »
This was one of the most successful keyset group buys ever run, I do believe. More than 1000 sets out there in the world, once everything is said and done. I'm sure people's extra sets will turn up in the classifieds, not everyone will want this set forever. If you watch and wait long enough, I'm sure you will be rewarded.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #1025 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:02:10 »
This was one of the most successful keyset group buys ever run, I do believe. More than 1000 sets out there in the world, once everything is said and done. I'm sure people's extra sets will turn up in the classifieds, not everyone will want this set forever. If you watch and wait long enough, I'm sure you will be rewarded.
Yeah, there was a big vendor order. I'm sure you'll be able to get a set after the fact.

Offline 64rky

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1026 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:07:42 »
Yeah, there was a big vendor order. I'm sure you'll be able to get a set after the fact.

Optimism +500

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1027 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:20:49 »
And TIL that Pantone® is also used on plastics, not only printing inks.

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1028 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:36:11 »
Yeah, there was a big vendor order
i thought the same thing but someone knowledgeable told me otherwise. apparently massdrop costs make it unfeasible to resell these sets at a higher vendor price that would still attract buyers

Offline frostylove

« Reply #1029 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 17:43:28 »
Looks pretty awesome!
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1030 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:07:21 »
i thought the same thing but someone knowledgeable told me otherwise. apparently massdrop costs make it unfeasible to resell these sets at a higher vendor price that would still attract buyers

Not sure who told you that, but they are wrong, there was a vendor order for a couple hundred sets.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1031 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:12:00 »
Welp, if there's anyone out there looking to sell a set I'm interested!

Offline simonyunhe

[GB] GMK Triumph Adler - first pics posted
« Reply #1032 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:37:40 »
Waiting for my set!
« Last Edit: Mon, 20 July 2015, 18:39:16 by simonyunhe »
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline luckyryan333

• #There'sNoToolForTyping
« Reply #1034 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 21:01:18 »
so much excited! great job, intelli78  :thumb:

hoping for the next GB on the missing TA R4 6 keys near the future by nice someone else like intelli78.
No PaiN, No GaiN
More
How to order from Taobao from outside of China and WITHOUT an Agent
daily driver: C70 w/ Oblivion
on the way: d65_12/gmkblk_3

Offline mylove1431

• A little bear
« Reply #1035 on: Mon, 20 July 2015, 21:55:38 »
Whatever the set look like ....... Really appreciate your work intelli78  :thumb: .... Probably they used the camera from sunday market to take the pic  ;D
Just A little Bear

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #1036 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 00:04:10 »
I wonder if the white spacebar from the JT set group buy will match this set... I really want to put this set on my HHKB, if I can find someone to sell it to me, once I get some funds.

Or maybe the white pbt topre spacebar will match well enough.
« Last Edit: Tue, 21 July 2015, 00:05:45 by Air tree »

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1037 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 00:09:08 »
so much excited! great job, intelli78  :thumb:

hoping for the next GB on the missing TA R4 6 keys near the future by nice someone else like intelli78.

If that happens It would be nice to also have a option to get some extra spacebars made since these are custom colors.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline whentheclouds

« Reply #1038 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 01:43:31 »
Not sure who told you that, but they are wrong, there was a vendor order for a couple hundred sets.
in that case i definitely misremembered/misquoted him

Offline zombimuncha

« Reply #1039 on: Tue, 21 July 2015, 02:38:40 »
I'm still looking for someone to sell me their (unneeded if you use ISO) 2.25u left shift. PM me pls, if you can help.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1040 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 16:55:42 »
Dear Aaron,

Good news! Just want to let you know that the order is completed and ready for pick-up. Massdrop´s forwarding company will pick it up tomorrow.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler - manufacturing complete, keys departing Germany
« Reply #1041 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:17:52 »
Hooray! :D
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Flyersfan1

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Hi!
« Reply #1042 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:24:39 »
Quote from: Photekq
i know people who think salt is spicy

Offline wlhlm

• ~

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1044 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:48:22 »
Sweeeeet
Can't wait to see the color in person :)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1045 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:51:49 »
And now begins the hunt for a Cherry G80-3000 light gray keyboard for this set...

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1046 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 17:59:26 »
Dear Aaron,

Good news! Just want to let you know that the order is completed and ready for pick-up. Massdrop´s forwarding company will pick it up tomorrow.

Yeeeeeeetttttt.. Super pumped!!!!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline ttzhou

• in your base, belonging
« Reply #1047 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:58:30 »
And now begins the hunt for a Cherry G80-3000 light gray keyboard for this set...

there's a site called computeruniverse.net or something (it's German). They might still sell beige cherry g80s. It ships from Germany though, so shipping might suck.

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1048 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:02:12 »
I already got my WKL 3000 case ;) and if anyone needs Leeku PCBs, I have some in stock ;)

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1049 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 21:21:14 »
there's a site called computeruniverse.net or something (it's German). They might still sell beige cherry g80s. It ships from Germany though, so shipping might suck.
Thank you very much! Just bought one. :D