Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 364165 times)

Offline ccarlitos2

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1350 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:48:58 »
I received the package and shook it.  Maybe I shook too aggressively or something.

Show Image

Are the babies okay?
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline nightdriver

• life is like t. rex
« Reply #1351 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:49:07 »
after seeing those pictures... I guess I will sell this set after I receive it

Why? They look great! I mean other than the packaging, of course. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer if you do want to sell.

Maybe I miss something because this thread is so long and massdrop discussion has few hundreds of comments... but I thought the teal would be a direct copy of the original board.  I can't find anything on the description page on massdrop saying the teal color would be choose by intelli.  And the color was chosen after the drop end...
The set just looks nothing like this picture.  I can see massdrop will have to deal with tons of complain and request for refund already.
Show Image

intelli did a great job on this groupbuy though.

what do you mean when you say "an exact copy of the original board"?  the original board used a sky blue color, not any kind of teal.  the teal is a result of the blue keys yellowing, and they've yellowed to different degrees on different boards, and even on different caps on the same board.  and unless you own one of those boards, you've never actually seen it.  you've seen pictures with whatever color temperature and white temperature happened to exist in the picture displayed on a monitor that may have its own color temperature and white balance biases.  and unless you've received your keys yet, you haven't seen the true color of the finished product either.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1352 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:50:49 »
I received the package and shook it.  Maybe I shook too aggressively or something.

Show Image

Are the babies okay?

As far as I know, yes.  The good thing is that there were maybe 10 keys inside the actual tray.  That means no cramping up inside the tray and unneeded pressure building up from the keys stacking while in transit.

Offline Steezus

• Keeper of Facts
  • * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1353 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:54:07 »
after seeing those pictures... I guess I will sell this set after I receive it

Why? They look great! I mean other than the packaging, of course. I'm sure you won't have trouble finding a buyer if you do want to sell.

Maybe I miss something because this thread is so long and massdrop discussion has few hundreds of comments... but I thought the teal would be a direct copy of the original board.  I can't find anything on the description page on massdrop saying the teal color would be choose by intelli.  And the color was chosen after the drop end...
The set just looks nothing like this picture.  I can see massdrop will have to deal with tons of complain and request for refund already.
Show Image

intelli did a great job on this groupbuy though.

Should do a little research and see that the teal coloring was not intentional at all and it was due to the fact that the "sky blue" keycaps were yellowing over time. Intelli has an authentic of his own and has an abundance of knowledge in this subject.
TGR-Jane CE | TGR-Tris CE | Lyn Montage | LZ PhysiX | Exclusive e8.5

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1354 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 13:58:42 »
Yea. It seems like all my warnings about digital colors are still not being understood.

About color matching, that was the original plan, but as it turns out, the genuine caps (at least the ones from my board) look rather ****ty IRL, quite splotchy and gross. If I had gone through with color matching those, no one would have been happy. I'm not even sure it would have been possible since there wasn't actually one consistent color. Hand picking a Pantone color was the next best option. And the result looks great, just like all the canonical pics do on most monitors, which was the goal.

If you don't like it, fine, but at least withhold judgment until you actually see it IRL.
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1355 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 14:02:20 »
Yea. It seems like all my warnings about digital colors are still not being understood.

About color matching, that was the original plan, but as it turns out, the genuine caps (at least the ones from my board) look rather ****ty IRL, quite splotchy and gross. If I had gone through with color matching those, no one would have been happy. I'm not even sure it would have been possible since there wasn't actually one consistent color. Hand picking a Pantone color was the next best option. And the result looks great, just like all the canonical pics do on most monitors, which was the goal.

If you don't like it, fine, but at least withhold judgment until you actually see it IRL.

After I put the keycaps side by side I think the set looks good on silver.  So I'm happy. :thumb:

Offline mashby

• ** Moderator Emeritus
  • What Up Shoney? (ツ)_/¯
    • Mashby
« Reply #1356 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 14:13:24 »

They look fantastic.  :thumb: Don't know how anyone could complain about how these came out. In my dimly lit office, they appear a little darker than the mockups, but I think they look great.

Unfortunately, like others have already posted, the tray didn't stay shut and there were keys all over the place. Doesn't appear to have any scratches.  :cool:
« Last Edit: Tue, 04 August 2015, 14:15:11 by mashby »

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1357 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 14:25:34 »
Praying that my set arrive in one piece. Man, it have to travel a long way to the other side of the world, just hope I won't receive it with tons of scratches. If yes, I'll rage and maybe flip a truck or something.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1358 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 14:28:49 »
About the color, having had almost 24 hours with the set, I am super happy with the teal. It absolutely captures that unique TA essence of all the old Josh/sixty pics. It especially looks good at night and under slightly yellow light, which really brings out the green tones.

The blue legends were absolutely the right choice, they also bring out green tones in the mods and add an element of contrast to the whole thing.

If I had to make one criticism, it would be about the gray alphas. I am about 90% happy with those. The keys, which are all slightly concave, tend to catch light in a way that reflects it directly up and edges the capsmore to the white side than the gray side. Thus, the keys look gray as intended when viewed from the side or isometrically, but  can appear more white when you're typing on them and looking down. Especially under blue sunlight.  I feel like I picked the right gray given the info available at the time and the appearance of the chip itself, but having seen how it looks in keycap form, I'd darken it 1 notch if there were ever a R2. Not a big deal thoug, just something that could be improved even further.

Maybe someday GMK will offer preproduction samples, that would really be great.

Overall I feel it was a great success, and I learned an enormous amount about color, communication, and project management. I hope I can put that all to use in another GMK GB soon!
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1359 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 14:33:42 »

About the color, having had almost 24 hours with the set, I am super happy with the teal. It absolutely captures that unique TA essence of all the old Josh/sixty pics. It especially looks good at night and under slightly yellow light, which really brings out the green tones.

The blue legends were absolutely the right choice, they also bring out green tones in the mods and add an element of contrast to the whole thing.

If I had to make one criticism, it would be about the gray alphas. I am about 90% happy with those. The keys, which are all slightly concave, tend to catch light in a way that reflects it directly up and edges the capsmore to the white side than the gray side. Thus, the keys look gray as intended when viewed from the side or isometrically, but  can appear more white when you're typing on them and looking down. Especially under blue sunlight.  I feel like I picked the right gray given the info available at the time and the appearance of the chip itself, but having seen how it looks in keycap form, I'd darken it 1 notch if there were ever a R2. Not a big deal thoug, just something that could be improved even further.

Maybe someday GMK will offer preproduction samples, that would really be great.

Overall I feel it was a great success, and I learned an enormous amount about color, communication, and project management. I hope I can put that all to use in another GMK GB soon!
Wow, that's pretty spot on. At least in my imagination. Can't wait to receive this set. DHL last updated the tracking 2 days ago. And nothing for 2 days, not sure if it left the state or no progress at all.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1360 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 15:19:37 »
The worst part is these are the sets that spent the least amount of time in transit.

Lord knows what they're going to look like as those of us on the other side of the country or worse world start getting them.

This has me slightly concerned - but I'll wait and see what happens.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Wildcard

• * Esteemed Elder
  • When caffeine isn't enough
« Reply #1361 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 15:24:02 »
I think intelli78 did a great job, looking forward to getting my sets as well.

Offline fknraiden

« Reply #1362 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 15:28:05 »
Seeing this has made me decide to never order fragiles from MD.

IBM SSK 87'     ReAlForce 55g Silent 10AE

Offline njbair

• I love the Powerglove. It's so bad.
    • nickbair.net
« Reply #1363 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 16:16:22 »
I receieved my 2 sets today, shipped in the same box. The bottom set was pretty scattered, but all the keys were still in the clamshell with no damage. The top set was perfect. This suggests that the cases are meant to be stacked. I think the weight of the keys against the thin plastic of the clamshell bottom just caused the snaps to separate and allowed things to move around freely. Having another set underneath to brace the bottom of the clamshell, though, kept my top set intact.

If Massdrop had put the clamshell in the box upside-down (and if the couriers honored "this side up"), I'm pretty sure all the single sets would've arrived fine. I don't know if anyone else other than Massdrop would have anticipated this either, but you'd think companies who ship things for a living would have some way to verify good packing, maybe shipping themselves a test package or something.

Alpine Winter GB | My Personal TMK Firmware Repo
IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
Review: hasu's USB to USB converter
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1364 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 17:59:48 »
I receieved my 2 sets today, shipped in the same box. The bottom set was pretty scattered, but all the keys were still in the clamshell with no damage. The top set was perfect. This suggests that the cases are meant to be stacked. I think the weight of the keys against the thin plastic of the clamshell bottom just caused the snaps to separate and allowed things to move around freely. Having another set underneath to brace the bottom of the clamshell, though, kept my top set intact.

If Massdrop had put the clamshell in the box upside-down (and if the couriers honored "this side up"), I'm pretty sure all the single sets would've arrived fine. I don't know if anyone else other than Massdrop would have anticipated this either, but you'd think companies who ship things for a living would have some way to verify good packing, maybe shipping themselves a test package or something.

"This side up" - yeah, right, sure.

"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1365 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 18:00:52 »
Did I miss something, are my eyes failing, or are the alphas a darker colour than the modifiers?

nah i don't think you're nuts rowdy

it looks like that in the pics, i'll tell you more when i get my set tomorrow

ya they're 2 different blues

i just got my set

lemme make it pretty maybe ill take pics later tonight

maybe ill save them for keycon :o
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1366 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 18:20:46 »
ya i just put it on my camo filco

this is ****ing ridiculous, so i'll bring it to keycon
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #1367 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 18:26:15 »

Don't do that to us.  :'(
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1368 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 18:39:33 »
The trays were one of the best things from GMK - pre sorted and nice plastic trays. I am not so sure about it now. Imagine international orders will be in a worse conditions.

Offline alienman82

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #1369 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 18:51:00 »
« Last Edit: Thu, 02 February 2017, 08:42:39 by alienman82 »

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
« Reply #1370 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 19:54:37 »

Don't do that to us.  :'(

son do you want pics of my dirty ass desk?

trust me you don't

pics sat/sun from keycon

get hype

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1371 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 21:01:49 »
son do you want pics of my dirty ass desk?

trust me you don't

pics sat/sun from keycon

get hype

PM me the dirty pics?  :-*

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1372 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:12:09 »
Snapped a couple of pics and did my best to get accurate colors in Lightroom.

Packing problems. As you can see, of my two sets, the one that was stacked on top is in perfect order.

GMK Triumph Adler Keycaps by Nick Bair, on Flickr

Ready to go on a Noppoo EC108-Pro. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice they look on a more modern board with such a low-profile bezel.

Noppoo with Triumph Adler by Nick Bair, on Flickr
« Last Edit: Thu, 03 September 2015, 22:51:01 by njbair »

IBM Rubber Band "Floss" Mod | Click Modding Alps 101 | Flame-Polishing Cherry MX Stems
My boards:
More
AEKII 60% | Alps64 HHKB | Ducky Shine 3, MX Blues | IBM Model M #1391401, Nov. 1990 | IBM SSK #1391472, Nov. 1987, screw modded, rubber-band modded | Noppoo EC108-Pro, 45g | Infinity 60% v2 Hacker, Matias Quiet Pros | Infinity 60% v2 Standard, MX Browns | Cherry G80-1800LPCEU-2, MX Blacks | Cherry G80-1813 (Dolch), MX Blues | Unicomp M-122, ANSI-modded | Unicomp M-122 (Unsaver mod in progress) | 2x Unitek K-258, White Alps | Apple boards (IIGS, AEKII) | Varmilo VA87MR, Gateron Blacks | Filco Zero TKL, Fukka White Alps | Planck, Gateron Browns | Monarch, click-modded Cream Alps

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1373 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 22:57:38 »

Packing problems. As you can see, of my two sets, the one that was stacked on top is in perfect order.

Show Image

Ready to go on a Noppoo EC108-Pro. I was pleasantly surprised by how nice they look on a more modern board with such a low-profile bezel.

Show Image

Very nice combo!

Online HendyZone

• HHKB Elite
  • * Vendor
    • MechanicalKeyboards.co.id
« Reply #1374 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:07:06 »

Show Image

Show Image

Really goes well with white board
Nice pic sir :thumb:

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #1375 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:28:34 »
I has a sad looking at pictures when my tracking hasn't even updated yet. :(
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1376 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:40:01 »
I has a sad looking at pictures when my tracking hasn't even updated yet...because I never ordered one. :(

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1377 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:57:39 »
I has a sad thinking that my order might arrive all scratched up :(
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1378 on: Tue, 04 August 2015, 23:59:34 »

I has a sad looking at pictures when my tracking will never get updated because mine is an international order :(
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #1379 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 00:04:48 »

Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More

Offline Acknown3

• Not a keyboard addict
« Reply #1380 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 02:47:15 »
Got my set today!

To the people who are selling their kits, are you willing to sell your individual left shift?

Also, would anyone be willing to do a little keycap surgery to align the spacebar stabilizers properly for me? I don't want to mess it up.
FC660C gray dyesub, gummyrot clack
FC660M cherry reds, Triumph Adler, blue aluminum case
Filco TKL cherry reds, white side-printed PBT
IBM Model F XT

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1381 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 04:39:03 »
All those pics of loose keycaps make me really worried about my set.

I hope the caps survive their journey undamaged  :(

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1382 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 05:14:18 »

Show Image

my feeling exactly!

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1383 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 07:25:24 »
Just received an email from UPS with an exception notification:

Exception Reason: WE'LL BE IN YOUR AREA AND WILL DELIVER YOUR UPS SUREPOST PACKAGE INSTEAD OF THE POST OFFICE.

I think that I hit the jackpot on this aspect. :))

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #1384 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 07:30:28 »

Show Image

Show Image

These photos really do the set so much justice! The colors have looked off to me in all other pictures, but these, wow! Kinda bummed I didn't get in on this.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1385 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 09:17:57 »
These photos really do the set so much justice! The colors have looked off to me in all other pictures, but these, wow! Kinda bummed I didn't get in on this.

It's the combination of 1) a good camera (Nikon D7000) and 2) actual white sample in the picture. His case allowed him to get the white balance really locked in.

And this is why I hate SurePost: the caps are within 20mi of me, but aren't going to be delivered for another two days.  :mad:

Offline VinnyCordeiro

« Reply #1386 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:37:17 »
107477-0

And that means I will have this keyset on my hands...

In a month. UPS will deliver it to the shipping forwarder company, who will charge me shipping + handling to Brazil, and will charge import taxes when it arrives here.  :'(

Offline strict

• TKL Zealot
« Reply #1387 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:46:57 »
Wife just texted me that I have a massdrop box at the house! Now I just need to find a reason to blow out of work early ...

Realforce EK45 (Silenced)  |  Realforce 87UW (45g)  |  Realforce 87UWS (Variable)
Filco MJ2 TKL (Cherry Clears)  |  Phantom 87 (78g Gateron Clears)  |  Phantom 86 (67g Zealios)

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #1388 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:48:46 »
Wife just texted me that I have a massdrop box at the house! Now I just need to find a reason to blow out of work early ...

fall down the stairs make sure to break your leg.
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline njbair

• nickbair.net
« Reply #1389 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:49:55 »

It's the combination of 1) a good camera (Nikon D7000) and 2) actual white sample in the picture. His case allowed him to get the white balance really locked in.

And this is why I hate SurePost: the caps are within 20mi of me, but aren't going to be delivered for another two days.  :mad:

Even with the white, the AWB made those modifiers deep blue. I had to a lot of tweaking in Lightroom to get this to look accurate. It helps that I have the actual thing in front of me to compare to...

My boards:
More

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #1390 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:50:46 »

"Sorry boss, but my Triumph Adler replica keycap set just arrived at home.  It needs my sweet, tender loving.  I may be back tomorrow, depending on how things go this evening.  ;)  I hope you understand."

Offline drewba

« Reply #1391 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:55:52 »

Show Image

Thanks for the pictures. I wasn't willing to buy a new keyboard to put TA on, instead I've been waffling between a white or blue case top for my KUL. I think your picture talked me in to white, it looks good!

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #1392 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 10:56:11 »

If you have a co-worker you can trust, you can try this :))

Offline Pieminister

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler - manufacturing complete, keys departing Germany
« Reply #1393 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:04:49 »
If anyone is getting this set for a TKL or 60% keyboard and doesn't care about the numpad set, I am intereted in buying it from you [UK].

Show Image

Now that people are getting their sets I just want to post this as a reminder. I'm interested in a num pad set if you are using a TKL or 60% board and don't need it.

Offline nmur

• ಠ_ಠ
« Reply #1394 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:24:43 »

Show Image

Show Image

That looks absolutely fantastic on the noppoo, wow.

Offline dakuzo

« Reply #1395 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:34:47 »
My set just arrived:

No damage/scratches luckily, but I think I prefer bagged keycaps now.
Digilog Realforce 87u - 45g - GMK Dolch
Leopold FC660C - JTK WoB
GoN Nerd Crystal TKL - 62g Mx Blacks - JTK PoW
Duck Octagon - Gateron Blacks - Miami Odessa R4

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1396 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 11:43:35 »
Wow, that completely opened...  Glad to hear it turned out ok though.

Offline techmattr

« Reply #1397 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:08:12 »

Same with mine. Both of mine were a bit scattered but safely inside the box at least. It definitely seemed like the two boxes stacked made it more secure.

Offline blighty

« Reply #1398 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 12:34:00 »
 :thumb:

107491-0

The mod colors turned out great! 
LZ ergo (MX silent red) | JER - A06 (MX silent black-red springs) | Duck Lightsaver V2 (MX red) | Duck Octagon V2 (gateron clear) (lifted pads) | Duck Orion V2 (gateron red) | TKC 1800 (gateron silent reds) | Mistel MD770 (MX red with GMK silencing clips) | Realforce R2TSLA-US4-IV | Realforce R2TLSA-US4-BK | TX 75 (gateron clear) | KBDFANS 75 ("vintage" MX blues) | Kinesis Freestyle Pro (MX red) | MS Surface Ergonomic | MS Natural Ergonomic Keyboard 4000 | Filco Majestouch 2 TKL (MX black) | Phantom (Filco case) ("vintage" MX blacks | Spr1t 75% PCB x 2 (MX black and gateron clear) | Cherry G80-1865 (MX browns with black springs)

Offline ATXTider

• I keep it playa while some choose to play it safe
« Reply #1399 on: Wed, 05 August 2015, 13:06:45 »
:thumb:

(Attachment Link)

The mod colors turned out great!

dat beige filco   :eek: