Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 364102 times)

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1700 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 08:45:45 »
Where is intelli78 in all this?

You make it sound as if any of this is Intelli's fault. Neither production nor shipping was in his hands, so what do you want him to do?

If you are not satified with your set, just ask for a refund and send it back to Massdrop...

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1701 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 08:48:47 »
Dude, what? He's been posting all throughout.
Besides, production and shipping isn't his fault.

Offline jpsteel

« Reply #1702 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 09:11:00 »
Not saying it is his fault. Just wanted to hear his perspective.
That's likely what I'll do. The QC was just completely absent, a huge disappointment for the price + hype.

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #1703 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 09:17:30 »
I've been reading all the posts over the last 24 hours, would like to take a minute to respond.

First, I really feel for everyone whose set arrived scattered in the box. It's downright unfortunate that it happened, and not at all what I wanted anyone's first impression to be. In retrospect I should have had GMK send me samples to test first, but we all pretty much took at face value that the trays would be suitable for reshipping. I've never seen a keycap tray that wasn't. So it's a lame situation because they were supposed to be a bonus that prevented any sort of sorting/shipping debacle. The responsibility is shared between me, GMK, and also Massdrop. Me, because I could've requested samples. GMK, because it's not even a question that the trays SHOULD stand up to reshipping. It was a flawed design that needs to be corrected. Finally, Massdrop's fulfillment center, because they are shipping professionals who should've seen this coming, especially given that it was a chance to prove their competence.

As for scratches and other damage, it's not totally clear whether they originated during manufacturing or shipping. At this point it seems to be a combination, it should get clearer as time goes on. I'm super sorry to anyone who received damaged caps. No one deserves that considering the price we paid.

For other issues like swirling and variation in color, I'll certainly bring this up with GMK, though I'm not currently convinced anything is out of spec here. I have had older GMK caps with similar marks and I think it's a more normal (if not necessarily desirable) occurrence. For the alphas specifically, we may just be seeing the blue legend layer through the walls of the caps. I would also caution against getting wrapped up in the couple accounts of the caps somehow feeling lower quality. We've already seen that they weigh the same and have the same thickness. They feel like completely normal GMK caps to me. I would take these accounts with a grain of salt because there is no hard evidence of any overall decline in quality. I understand wanting to go over everything with a fine-toothed comb at this point, but we need to be careful not to let our disappointment affect our perception of things that are not actually defective.

I will talk to GMK about why some of their recent sets (not just TA) are more transparent to LEDs. We already know the amount of material has not changed. My best guess is that it's related to cap color and light wavelengths etc.

More generally I want to say, there is definitely a lot of justified disappointment here, but things always seem worse in the moment. All will be OK. Massdrop's support is not the fastest, but they are not dishonest. It does suck to get scratched caps, but let's try to keep perspective. Massdrop is keen to make things right by replacing as many keys as possible, and I have never heard of them denying legitimate refunds. We all have the caps in hand (finally!), they look good, there is no catastrophic error. We are not dealing with a 2-year delay, an outright scam, or Originative, or some other such really outrageous nonsense where we'll all be screwed. What happened, happened and it's not ok, but we'll move forward and I'm confident that everyone will be treated fairly in the end. GMK has not gone down the toilet yet. They will get an earful, as will the Massdrop shipping center, for sure. But they've put out a good product for a long time, and from dealing with them personally, I really do not think they are out to fleece us. I think GMK will be very apologetic and keen to restore its reputation.

So again, my sincere apologies to everyone affected. Let's take this in stride to get everyone taken care of, and to make sure future GMK buys are back to their usual standard. I am really looking forward to getting this cleared up so we can get on with enjoying our new teal caps.  :thumb:

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • Church of the Ergo Clear
« Reply #1704 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 09:28:46 »
Reading the Massdrop thread is horrible, looks like the damage during shipping is the least of our worries from some of the pics I've seen. 90% sure I'll be sending my set back to Massdrop for a refund if the QC is as bad as it looks from photos. I've got 5 other sets from GMK and none of them display these problems, no way will this set see one of my boards with the faults on display when I've got so many other sets not being used. Pretty disappointing, this set really grew on me since the drop.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

[WTT] bueller's trade thread - CLACKS WANTED

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1705 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 13:01:50 »
Reading the Massdrop thread is horrible, looks like the damage during shipping is the least of our worries from some of the pics I've seen. 90% sure I'll be sending my set back to Massdrop for a refund if the QC is as bad as it looks from photos. I've got 5 other sets from GMK and none of them display these problems, no way will this set see one of my boards with the faults on display when I've got so many other sets not being used. Pretty disappointing, this set really grew on me since the drop.

There are definitely some legend oddities going on.

Legend bleed, crooked legend, curved F:

Crooked 6:

Uneven/crooked legend:

Legend bleed, crooked F (less severe one):

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1706 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 13:04:26 »
That's indeed awful compared to the GMK quality we are used to.

I hope I won't notice such details from typing distance, but I guess now I can't unsee it :(

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
« Reply #1707 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 13:22:24 »
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1708 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 15:20:46 »
Off topic, both of the colors are a bit glittery in person right? (haven't seen them myself, but some photos certainly make them look very shiny, I hope they are as unique as they seem)

On a selfish level, I just hope the Esc/Tab/Backspace I receive will be all right, but based on what I've seen, it seems like a slim chance

If anyone is in f*this*sh* mode, I'm interested in buying singular/undamaged modifiers, especially another Backspace
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1709 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 16:18:57 »
Here are some more images.

First the damaged and/or manufacturing defects.

Backspace key (scuffing and scratch)

Menu key (double-shot extra material)

Now some shots of the set on my KUL (tried to get a few background in the sunlight)

Here's the full album

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1710 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 18:18:03 »
As much as I love the color scheme of this set, I guess I'll have to pass it on, those flaws are beyond acceptable for a 100 dollar set, maybe next time if it ever gets a reissue or round 2. Guess I'll just send it back to Massdrop for a refund.

Worst of all is my little heart can't take the stress that DHL is super slow on the delivery, the status still shows it's in Germany. Day by day I'm thinking if my set is badly damaged? Is it having a party in the box? Dang I can't take this ****!
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1711 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:00:54 »
have you guys been putting these on boards with leds and seeing random keys with light bleeding?

Offline Puddsy

• nice
  • * Elated Elder
  • "Do you shovel to survive, or survive to shovel?"
« Reply #1712 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:02:07 »
have you guys been putting these on boards with leds and seeing random keys with light bleeding?

yes

i put it on my ds3 (pink leds) to test

sure enough there's some wicked light bleed

probably gonna sell my set soon, i'm really disappointed with it
QFR | MJ2 TKL | "Bulgogiboard" (Keycon 104) | ctrl.alt x GON 60% | TGR Alice | Mira SE #29 | Mira SE #34 | Revo One | z | Keycult No. 1 | AIS65 | First CW87 prototype | Mech27v1 | Camp C225 | Duck Orion V1 | LZ CLS sxh | Geon Frog TKL | Hiney TKL One | Geon Glare TKL

"Everything is worse, but in a barely perceptible and indefinable way" -dollartacos, after I came back from a break | "Is Linkshine our Nixon?" -NAV | "Puddsy is the Puddsy of keebs" -ns90

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #1713 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:16:23 »
My set came in all jumbled, but all in the box.  Other than flash and sprue, mine looks good.  Granted, I didn't look *too hard* because it will look OK on the keyboard, and once flaws are seen, then can't be unseen.  So, with nothing obviously wrong, I'm letting it go there, and I'm happy.

It's interesting--I think this keyset looks more different under different light than others I have.  It does look a little too blue under most artificial light, but awesome under natural light. 

My wife had the best line, however:
Wife: "What did you get?"
Me: "Keycaps--and a set I didn't think would ever be made.  I'm a little afraid to open it--everyone else has been reporting bashed and damaged caps inside..."
Wife: "Well, if they wanted workers to treat the box better maybe they shouldn't print 'Massdrop' on the side"
« Last Edit: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:54:01 by Spopepro »

Offline NorrisB

« Reply #1714 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:17:36 »

Nice post.  I looked at my keys and they are exactly like this.  I think all the sets are this bad.

There are definitely some legend oddities going on.

Legend bleed, crooked legend, curved F:
Show Image

Crooked 6:

Show Image

Uneven/crooked legend:

Show Image

Legend bleed, crooked F (less severe one):

Show Image

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1715 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:20:16 »
I literally can't wait to get my replacement set, because I'm suspecting it's going to be **** too.  :rolleyes:

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1716 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:35:16 »
My set came in all jumbled, but all in the box.  Other than flash and sprue, mine looks good.  Granted, I didn't look *too hard* because it will look OK on the keyboard, and once flaws are seen, then can't be unseen.  So, with nothing obviously wrong, I'm letting it go there, and I'm happy.

It's interesting--I think this keyset looks more different under different light than others I have.  It does look a little too blue under most artificial light, but awesome under natural light. 

Me: "Keycaps--and a set I didn't think would ever be made.  I'm a little afraid to open it--everyone else has been reporting bashed and damaged caps inside..."
Wife: "Well, if they wanted workers to treat the box better maybe they should print 'Massdrop' on the side"
Wait, you mean "shouldn't print"?

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #1717 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 22:54:29 »

Wife: "Well, if they wanted workers to treat the box better maybe they should print 'Massdrop' on the side"
Wait, you mean "shouldn't print"?

Yes. TY.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1718 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:00:28 »

Wife: "Well, if they wanted workers to treat the box better maybe they shouldn't print 'Massdrop' on the side"

You wife that woman right now.

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1719 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:02:07 »

He already did.

Offline filphil

• One day I hope to find a love like JD and Turk
« Reply #1720 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:02:50 »

He already did.

DO IT AGAIN

Offline drewba

« Reply #1721 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:08:15 »

He already did.

DO IT AGAIN

Offline romevi

• Formerly romevi
  • * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1722 on: Sun, 09 August 2015, 23:12:13 »

He already did.

DO IT AGAIN

Dude bro, bro dude. You got to wait a few and drink some water before wifing a woman again.

Offline cgbuen

• cgbuen.io
« Reply #1723 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 02:13:40 »
Mine came in yesterday, keycaps everywhere. Some thoughts on the packaging (I acknowledge that these may not really take us anywhere new):

Maybe this is how it should have been packed by GMK, because in order for the case's left and the right dimples to snap together and to have the case lay completely flat and uniform, the top layer's middle dimple should be in place in the bottom tray's recession (although these themselves don't snap together).

However, on further inspection of this scenario, I've realized that the tray is still garbage. Even with the left and right dimples locked, the outer rows' keys can still fly out the sides since the tray edges aren't locked. And all of the keys in the middle rows can still shift around with each other too. Neither of these is unreasonable to assume when in transit. So yeah, some more tape could've helped.

In any case, I guess I'm pretty lucky because I haven't really found huge amounts of actual keycap damage that I want to complain about.

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1724 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 05:46:40 »
****ing DHL. I don't know what they're doing but my tracking has gone from New Jersey to Frankfurt in Germany. Sat there till the 5th and now it says it's departed there again for destination country. It's no wonder I've stopped buying keyboard ****, I have the worst damned track record for getting ****ed around.
It's a good width!  If it's half-width it's too narrow, and full-width is too wide. 

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1725 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 05:57:13 »
****ing DHL. I don't know what they're doing but my tracking has gone from New Jersey to Frankfurt in Germany. Sat there till the 5th and now it says it's departed there again for destination country. It's no wonder I've stopped buying keyboard ****, I have the worst damned track record for getting ****ed around.

Mine has apparently been in Sydney since Friday.

Actually that's a lot better than two other packages that seem to have disappeared completely.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1726 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 06:04:07 »
On the same boat with you, at least yours departed. Mine still stuck with "processed sort facility" Deutschepost, DE since 4 days ago. :confused:
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1727 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 06:07:49 »
I wonder if the sorting centre in NJ stuffed it up somehow, seems unusual that both our packages would go to Germany. Pretty weird - In the past DHL have always been incredibly fast at getting me my packages, about the only company faster is FedEx and they're way more expensive.

Offline calmfries

• Formerly CalvinXC
  • Broke af
« Reply #1728 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 06:10:24 »
I wonder if the sorting centre in NJ stuffed it up somehow, seems unusual that both our packages would go to Germany. Pretty weird - In the past DHL have always been incredibly fast at getting me my packages, about the only company faster is FedEx and they're way more expensive.
Well, I noticed it's not usual DHL express tracking, instead it starts with GM.. and seems to be DHL eCommerce. No idea what's the difference though.
B87 | TGR 910 CE

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1729 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 06:12:48 »
Well, I noticed it's not usual DHL express tracking, instead it starts with GM.. and seems to be DHL eCommerce. No idea what's the difference though.

Have a feeling MD may have just changed the service they use, I had a Morakniv arrive a couple of weeks ago on the same service from them.

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #1730 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 07:01:29 »

Mine has apparently been in Sydney since Friday.

Actually that's a lot better than two other packages that seem to have disappeared completely.

Damn that's not bad. Mine has been "Manifested for Outbound Transportation" in NY for like 4 days now

Offline madhias

• BS TORPE
    • Madhias' Flickr
« Reply #1731 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 07:23:34 »
However, on further inspection of this scenario, I've realized that the tray is still garbage. Even with the left and right dimples locked, the outer rows' keys can still fly out the sides since the tray edges aren't locked. And all of the keys in the middle rows can still shift around with each other too. Neither of these is unreasonable to assume when in transit. So yeah, some more tape could've helped.

That's what I think also, the tray is garbage and the inventor should open, close and arrange caps for one week all the day, hundreds of trays. Maybe one week is too short, to see what product was invented! Even when I just carry the tray around, caps are flying around inside. Of course it could be mine was already worn out due to shipping, but it does not change that this tray is much worse than a simple, bullet proof plastic bag. I do think that scratches don't appear because of this tray or that caps are fallen outside, that's more GMK production related.

Since I don't need the set (another group buy I participated in a rush like I-NEED-THAT) I've packed it and sold it, and sent it in the Massdrop box, but with some additional fixing:

And then I put this in the Massdrop box again:

... ...

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1732 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 08:51:19 »
Received my set Friday via UPS Ground (I upgraded from SurePost). Box was smashed on one end and keycaps were all over the place. But just a few scratches, and nothing I can't deal with. I'm not as picky as some, it seems, when it comes minor imperfections. All the keys were present.

That tray really sucks, though. Not good for shipping or storage. It would have been a nice little bonus, but oh well.

The reason I came here to post is the color. That was a very odd choice, intelli. It's not terrible or anything, just much more blue than I had imagined it, as there is hardly any green component there. Definitely doesn't look to me like any of the pics on Massdrop of the vintage set, monitor calibration notwithstanding. Now, I'm not saying it's terrible, and that I can't stand the color, just that it's not at all what the images on Massdrop portrayed. Overall I think it's a nice set, just not what I expected.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1733 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 09:34:16 »
The reason I came here to post is the color. That was a very odd choice, intelli. It's not terrible or anything, just much more blue than I had imagined it, as there is hardly any green component there.

I've been thinking the same thing from the photos, it looks more like a Raindrop set than TA.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1734 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 09:43:47 »
The reason I came here to post is the color. That was a very odd choice, intelli. It's not terrible or anything, just much more blue than I had imagined it, as there is hardly any green component there.

I've been thinking the same thing from the photos, it looks more like a Raindrop set than TA.

It's much, much darker than a raindrop. geniekid's picture with the dolch alphas makes it look like a much lighter blue than it actually is.

I'm not a professional color person by any stretch of the imagination, but it feels like a dark teal to me, but I understand where jdcarpe is coming from. It's definitely more saturated than I was initially expecting, but I think I like it better than the pictures that were with the massdrop page.

Offline skycrimes

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1735 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 09:45:36 »
I literally can't wait to get my replacement set, because I'm suspecting it's going to be **** too.  :rolleyes:

you're getting the whole set replaced or just pieces?

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1736 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 09:52:28 »

This picture by jbondeson seems to me to be the best representation of the color:

KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline KHAANNN

« Reply #1737 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 09:58:50 »

This picture by jbondeson seems to me to be the best representation of the color:

Show Image

It's almost a spacey blue in this photo, I'm really anxious to receive mine :)
Endgame | 1.25 Cmd for GMK Sets Please | Or Just 1.25 Blanks Like The Good Old Days

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1738 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:04:06 »

Show Image

It's almost a spacey blue in this photo, I'm really anxious to receive mine :)

I think because the background is yellow, his camera didn't introduce extra green tones into the blue-teal mods.

in memoriam

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1739 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:07:30 »

Show Image

im picking up my set after paying insane custom fees in about 2 hours, if that picture is colour accurate, ill be giving it away in about 3 hours

that isnt me saying its bad, it just wouldnt be what i wanted when i placed my order, fingers crossed im jsut having odd monitor colour issues for some reason tho
« Last Edit: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:10:46 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #1740 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:11:08 »

Show Image

im picking up my set after paying insane custom fees in about 2 hours, if that picture is colour accurate, ill be giving it away in about 3 hours

In my opinion that picture is a little more blue than the set. Good luck with your set!
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1741 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:12:46 »

Show Image

In my opinion that picture is a little more blue than the set. Good luck with your set!

im hoping its closer to this in person

http://i.imgur.com/Ns6D25s.jpg

which is still not what i thought i was ordering, but is a lot closer than what im seeing in the pic above

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1742 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:17:17 »
This set is really hard to photograph (especially for someone like me who really sucks at it). I tried to get a couple different backgrounds and direct sunlight to bring out the colors, but it's really hard to capture what it looks like irl.

I have no idea what color background would bring out the correct tones in both the alphas and the mods, but you'd basically have to look at different pictures to get the right colors for both.

which is still not what i thought i was ordering, but is a lot closer than what im seeing in the pic above

My board's at home but I'd say that looks pretty color accurate indoors for the mods, but the alphas are not as white as that photo makes them look.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1743 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:19:55 »
This set is really hard to photograph (especially for someone like me who really sucks at it). I tried to get a couple different backgrounds and direct sunlight to bring out the colors, but it's really hard to capture what it looks like irl.

I have no idea what color background would bring out the correct tones in both the alphas and the mods, but you'd basically have to look at different pictures to get the right colors for both.

My board's at home but I'd say that looks pretty color accurate indoors for the mods, but the alphas are not as white as that photo makes them look.

thanks for the post sir, i would have said my one issue with that pic is how white the alphas look, so the fact you are saying that isnt the case makes me feel a bit happier in my trip to the post office to collect my set

Offline bueller

• MX baller
  • * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1744 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:22:10 »

thanks for the post sir, i would have said my one issue with that pic is how white the alphas look, so the fact you are saying that isnt the case makes me feel a bit happier in my trip to the post office to collect my set

Yeah that's kind of what I meant when I described it as Raindrop, the alphas are really far from what I thought we were going with.

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1745 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:30:09 »
Yeah that's kind of what I meant when I described it as Raindrop, the alphas are really far from what I thought we were going with.

Intelli's on the record as saying he would have gone a shade darker for the alphas if he would have seen it on the cap instead of just the pantone chip. My first picture on the gray background probably brings out the gray better than the second on the yellow background.

I think the alphas will be fun to pair with other modifier sets.

Offline snipars

« Reply #1746 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:38:19 »
just paid my customs fee for TA, £20, hopefully my caps aren't in too bad condition, though if they are they'll probably just be replaced by hyperfuse
Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1747 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:39:14 »
just paid my customs fee for TA, £20, hopefully my caps aren't in too bad condition, though if they are they'll probably just be replaced by hyperfuse

you are so lucky

my customs fee was 32 pounds for one set

scandalous

Offline Jokrik

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #1748 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:41:11 »

you are so lucky

my customs fee was 32 pounds for one set

scandalous

That is hilarious
That's like 1/4 of the minimum wage here in my country
Women always figure out the truth. Always. - Han Solo

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #1749 on: Mon, 10 August 2015, 10:41:18 »
They grey is light, but it is grey. I actually really like it. Here is a picture taken in sunlight to compare it against different shades of white and grey. I can't say it is the world's best and most accurate picture, but the point was to show the color isn't white. The order is Granite, Stock Poker II, TA, Vortex white PBT & POM, Hyperfuse.

Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around