Author Topic: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...  (Read 363970 times)

Offline techmattr

Re: [GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1850 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 10:54:49 »
Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

That looks absolutely beautiful.

Thanks! I was one of the lucky ones. I got two nearly flawless sets.

Yep, nice pics techmattr! Looking really good. On my monitor I'd say the colors are a little dark but overall those are some of the most accurate photos posted so far.

These pics from Reddit are also very close to reality, again on my monitor:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Thanks! I did a bit of tweaking in PS but my original were jpg and editing was done on a non-calibrated monitor. My color accurate monitor is in storage =\ but I might try calibrating the monitor I'm using now and taking a couple RAW shots.

Yep, nice pics techmattr! Looking really good. On my monitor I'd say the colors are a little dark but overall those are some of the most accurate photos posted so far.

These pics from Reddit are also very close to reality, again on my monitor:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

interesting, for me the colours in these pictures are really very different to reality, i guess my monitors are all not calibrated greatly

It's funny looking at my own pictures on my work laptop they look completely different than on my workstation.... color calibration is always an issue but with colors like this the discrepancies are multiplied greatly.

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1851 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:03:10 »
intelli, can we have a picture of both the caps and the pantone chip you used, in the same photo?

Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1852 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:06:23 »
I'd still like to see an original TA set and this set side by side, plus the paint chip, all in one photo.

I still see this set as being far more blue than the original. I also have no calibrated monitors, thus I'd like to see it all in one photo under the same light

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1853 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:07:02 »

I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1854 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:07:49 »
Didn't see that coming

Perfect set (from the outset), not a key out of place. Gotta say that made biting the customs fee a lot easier.

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1855 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:11:33 »
Show Image

Show Image

Dang. I am so glad A-profile got in.
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1856 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:14:43 »
Show Image

Show Image

surprised you didnt comment on the board they are on

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1857 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:15:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

Nice pictures Bunny  :thumb:

What case is this?

Edit:  Oh wait is this the TEK80?!

Offline stoic-lemon

« Reply #1858 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:16:03 »
Show Image

Show Image

Was waiting for someone to tell me what board that is.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1859 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:16:14 »

Offline Photekq

• wheat flour zone
  • sorry if i was ever an ******* to you
« Reply #1860 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:16:50 »
It's a perfect match. I'm glad you took some pics of it with this set on actually.. It's a combo I've always wanted to see ;D
https://kbdarchive.org/
github
discord: hi mum#5710

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1861 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:17:22 »
Show Image

Show Image

What case is this?

tek-80

How much bribe money was needed to get it out of Photekq's hands? :p

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1862 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:24:27 »
It's a perfect match. I'm glad you took some pics of it with this set on actually.. It's a combo I've always wanted to see ;D

they are just some quick one and done snaps whilst i was putting it on the board

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1863 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:24:55 »
Show Image

Show Image

What case is this?

tek-80

How much bribe money was needed to get it out of Photekq's hands? :p

ive had it a long time, over a year i would think at this point

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #1864 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:37:35 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, a few of us have 84- or 86-key boards to use the set with, so it works fine with those. It just limits which keyboard I can use it on, as I only have two 84-key boards anymore. The LZ-GH has orange backlighting, so that one's a no-go for me. The TA set will be fixed permanently to my KMAC. I wouldn't be able to stand the profile mismatch by using it on a 87- or 104/108-key board, which I'm betting would be what the vast majority of buyers have.

I could use a non-mismatched bottom row on a 60%, of course, but every 60% I use nowadays has ESC-...-BSLS-GRV on the top row, which this set didn't include.

Honestly, I'm waiting on billnye's blue mods to come in, so I can pair them with the TA alphas on a standard ANSI layout keyboard.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #1865 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:49:56 »
Show Image

Show Image

Yeah, a few of us have 84- or 86-key boards to use the set with, so it works fine with those. It just limits which keyboard I can use it on, as I only have two 84-key boards anymore. The LZ-GH has orange backlighting, so that one's a no-go for me. The TA set will be fixed permanently to my KMAC. I wouldn't be able to stand the profile mismatch by using it on a 87- or 104/108-key board, which I'm betting would be what the vast majority of buyers have.

I could use a non-mismatched bottom row on a 60%, of course, but every 60% I use nowadays has ESC-...-BSLS-GRV on the top row, which this set didn't include.

Honestly, I'm waiting on billnye's blue mods to come in, so I can pair them with the TA alphas on a standard ANSI layout keyboard.

i had this same problem, that i felt kinda limited to what board i could put them on

i didnt pick up the blue mod gb but im very rarely in the mood for a blue themed board these days , but the palette on these matches well with the tek 80 so there they shall live 

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1866 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:54:22 »
I'd still like to see an original TA set and this set side by side, plus the paint chip, all in one photo.

I still see this set as being far more blue than the original. I also have no calibrated monitors, thus I'd like to see it all in one photo under the same light

I can post that next month, right now I am not in the same state as my genuine board. Anyway let me try to speak to this, all this information has been posted before as events unfolded but maybe this will help clarify for people who have not read the thousands of posts in the IC and GB threads -

You are not wrong, the 315 C teal is not the same color of my original caps, because the original (at least, my particular original) doesn't actually look anything like the canonical pics that everyone knows as TA.

Here is the most accurate unretouched pic I have of my original set:

Not too sexy, is it? I was certainly surprised when I first opened the box and was expecting to see something much different. As you can see, the mods don't give a teal impression at all, rather it's piss green (and the camera actually smooths them out a lot, they are much blotchier in person, blue with yellow clouding rather than consistent green). Anyway, that was precisely the reason I gave up on color matching - the real deal turned out not to be what was expected. So plan B was to pick the Pantone that I felt gave the best impression of those canonical pics.

And as I've said, I am very happy with the way the mods came out. I went through a ton of color chips and I do not believe there is a better choice in the Pantone color library. I agree they can come off too bright or blue in direct sunlight, and obviously they are not going to have the exact same characteristics as plastic that's truly had 30 years of UV exposure, but in normal indoor lighting they are pretty darn spot on, and none of the other colors came remotely close. The only change I'd make with regard to color is to darken the alphas a little bit, because they give a lighter impression than I intended when working with the color chips. But overall it's pretty minor, and I feel that I made the best decision given the info I had at the time.

This was not an easy GB, I had no idea what I was in for regarding colors, communicating color choices, and, more abstractly, trying to replicate something that existed for all intents and purposes only on people's screens and in their minds. Most GBs do not have this kind of difficulty/uncertainty involved. Despite the shipping snafus at the end, I am overall happy with the way it turned out. I do hope there will be a round 2 to perfect things, there are a couple tweaks I'd like to make, but the teal wouldn't be one of them.

More generally, let's hope that GMK can start offering preproduction samples, so we can... you know...ACTUALLY iterate like with real products and not simply have one shot and no actual sample to show buyers.  :-X

I hope this helps clarify where I'm coming from and why I made choices I did. By no means am I claiming to be perfect, far from it, but I think I did my best and got a pretty solid outcome, save the recent problems that were out of my hands. A round 2 could really be 100% perfect so let's hope it can happen.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 11:56:27 by intelli78 »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1867 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:01:54 »
I think people were under the impression that this:

was your keyboard, intelli, and the one it would be color matched to.

At least, that was the impression I got at first. I imagined the mod color would be exactly that one ^.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #1868 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:02:08 »
I understand every decision made and I enjoy the color VERY much.

My confusion was just the comparison to the original set and saying some photos are the closest to the original color (in terms of color correct photos).

All in all, great color, great set, and I'm pleased with how it came out. A few hiccups, but overall a great outcome.

Offline jonathanyu

« Reply #1869 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:25:50 »

Show Image

At least, that was the impression I got at first. I imagined the mod color would be exactly that one ^.

Thats what I thought as well

Offline Phinnegan

• I have a new addiction.
« Reply #1870 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:27:55 »
They look pretty sexy on my infinity...

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #1871 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:28:48 »

Show Image

Thats what I thought as well
+1

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #1872 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:30:17 »
Show Image

Show Image

I really hate the profile.  I'm still on the fence as to whether I'll sell my set because of it even though I primarily use 60% boards.

Show Image

Me too, then I heard it was going to be darker after I ordered it and to not worry about it.
« Last Edit: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:35:05 by nubbinator »

Offline intelli78

« Reply #1873 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:33:15 »

Show Image

The board in the photo shoot was a loaner from an overseas collector, and it's actually in terrible condition, even worse than mine. The only reason we had that one involved at all is because my board didn't arrive from Croatia in time. They had to photoshop it significantly and we did our best to portray what the final product would look like in a nicely lit studio setting. In the pics I had of my board before I got it, my board looked to have rich teal tones and we thought it would be no problem to simply color match and get the true TA color and there would be no debate to be had, because well, we would've copied the true color. Well, as you can see, when I received my board that pretty much belied the notion and the next best option was to hand pick the most TA Pantone.

I think we all learned a lot about how difficult it is to communicate colors over the Internet, especially of a unicorn object like this. I am sorry if you don't feel the end teal matches your expectations, but everything happened for a reason and I firmly believe the final choice was the right one.

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
« Reply #1874 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:35:48 »

Show Image

The board in the photo shoot was a loaner from an overseas collector, and it's actually in terrible condition, even worse than mine. The only reason we had that one involved at all is because my board didn't arrive from Croatia in time. They had to photoshop it significantly and we did our best to portray what the final product would look like in a nicely lit studio setting. In the pics I had of my board before I got it, my board looked to have rich teal tones and we thought it would be no problem to simply color match and get the true TA color and there would be no debate to be had, because well, we would've copied the true color. Well, as you can see, when I received my board that pretty much belied the notion and the next best option was to hand pick the most TA Pantone.

I think we all learned a lot about how difficult it is to communicate colors over the Internet, especially of a unicorn object like this. I am sorry if you don't feel the end teal matches your expectations, but everything happened for a reason and I firmly believe the final choice was the right one.

Aha! It finally makes sense. Thanks for the explanation. Just going by the photos on Massdrop, you can probably understand my confusion.

in memoriam

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #1875 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 12:58:07 »
Got mine, and for the first time, customs charges from Massdrop, d'oh.

Thanks intelli!

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #1876 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:08:57 »

Show Image

I think, more than anything else, this shows how broken our current [IC] process is.  Nothing that people are bringing up wasn't covered in that way too long and hard to read IC thread*.  Couple this with some of the same things being said about the Classic Beige buy and I think that, in some ways, the more planning and checking that happens, the worse the understanding is and the more people who are unhappy.  It's kind of odd to watch.  I'm not sure if there's a solution here. Maybe we are just bad at building consensus.  Maybe GBs are inherently flawed.

*including the dead horse "this was a bad choice" statements around key/profile selection

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1877 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:30:39 »
I think, more than anything else, this shows how broken our current [IC] process is.  Nothing that people are bringing up wasn't covered in that way too long and hard to read IC thread*.  Couple this with some of the same things being said about the Classic Beige buy and I think that, in some ways, the more planning and checking that happens, the worse the understanding is and the more people who are unhappy.  It's kind of odd to watch.  I'm not sure if there's a solution here. Maybe we are just bad at building consensus.  Maybe GBs are inherently flawed.

*including the dead horse "this was a bad choice" statements around key/profile selection

I think the sole purpose of ICs is to find major flaws like wrong profile of a certain key or a wrong legend.

Everything else is personal preference anyway. You will never be able make everyone happy. That's why Bunnylake doesn't run any ICs at all.

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
« Reply #1878 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:31:36 »
i need to pick up my set!

Offline Spopepro

« Reply #1879 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:36:41 »

I think the sole purpose of ICs is to find major flaws like wrong profile of a certain key or a wrong legend.

Everything else is personal preference anyway. You will never be able make everyone happy.

I agree completely.  Multiple recent llong ICs seem to at least give the illusion of community input in the design process, including this one.

That's why Bunnylake doesn't run any ICs at all.

I think that's really smart and appears to work.

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1880 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 14:54:06 »

Everything else is personal preference anyway. You will never be able make everyone happy. That's why Bunnylake doesn't run any ICs at all.

I'm a bit surprised at just how many people think the mod colors are noticeably different than the mock-up/original TA. You'd think from the responses that the mods came out orange or something.

I really like the set

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1881 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:09:27 »
Has anyone in Australia received their sets yet? What was the condition like?

Mine arrived in Australia on Sunday, still waiting on the local carrier to deliver. You can be sure I'll post some pics when they arrive.

Mine's been in Sydney since Friday :))
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #1882 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:21:51 »
My package arrived in a bad condition, and there are some minor scratches on the keycaps.
Still, I love this TA set and they look great on my keyboard!
Thank you intelli78 for making this GB happening!

My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline GSimon

« Reply #1883 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:38:57 »
This looked so much better on viewfinder, I think my camera skills are decreasing overtime heh

some comparison

Offline heedpantsnow

• * Esteemed Elder
  • Old enough to know better
[GB] GMK Triumph Adler. Pics posted...
« Reply #1884 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 15:49:01 »

Show Image

Funny thing is that my set looks exactly like the teal on that set as displayed on my iPhone 5S (obviously not calibrated).

I've never actually laid eyes on a TA keyboard. So I was relying totally on Intelli's decision as to what he thought was the best choice, which he made. In my mind this was clear at the beginning.

I'm not trying to disagree I'm just stating what I thought was going on.

And I'm happy with the colors.

I've not tried them on my TKL so I can't speak to the profile.
I'm back.

Espresso machine overhaul: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=78261.0

Carbon Fiber keyboard base: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=54825

Offline PrinsPils

« Reply #1885 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 16:27:59 »
My package arrived in a bad condition, and there are some minor scratches on the keycaps.
Still, I love this TA set and they look great on my keyboard!
Thank you intelli78 for making this GB happening!

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Looking good! what type of keyboard is that?

Offline Frizer

« Reply #1886 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 17:25:26 »
Picked mine up today. The box had spilled out about half the keys but I haven't found any scratched ones. Lucky, considering they've crossed the Atlantic a couple of times. I wouldn't order this type of set via MD again.

It is a great set though, thanks for making it happen. I think this will go on the Orion V2 when it finally arrives.

Offline jd29

« Reply #1887 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 18:28:54 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wow - this set didn't really appeal to me, but it looks excellent there.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #1888 on: Wed, 12 August 2015, 21:33:12 »
Show Image

Show Image

Wow - this set didn't really appeal to me, but it looks excellent there.

On my  phone those pictures don't look anything like it =[

Intelli's were really close.

I'll be posting my own soon

Offline icyskyz

« Reply #1889 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 05:34:12 »
Looking good! what type of keyboard is that?

That's a WASD Code keyboard!
My collections - flickr | HWS Keyng Collector |

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1890 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 05:34:47 »
Mine has arrived.

The box is ... a bit rattly.

I'm afraid to open it.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #1891 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 05:36:38 »
Mine has arrived.

The box is ... a bit rattly.

I'm afraid to open it.

Man up and do it!

;)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #1892 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 06:14:46 »
With a due sense of dread, I opened it.

Loose keycaps everywhere, although most of them stayed between the two layers of the tray.

The first obvious packing mistake - the tray was upside down in the box!  I double-checked that I had the box the right way up - yes.  Massdrop logo on the side was right way up, address sticker was on the top.  GMK tray was upside down.  That definitely would not have helped.

Nothing obviously broken, but now to sort them out and make sure they are all there.

6 keycaps escaped the tray and were loose in the box.  The rest are all jumbled up.  Looks like Esc and Scroll Lock were the only two that stayed in their original positions in the tray.

After sorting, they are all there, none obviously damaged.

Numpad + is missing the chunk that everyone else has reported.  ISO Enter has the same chunk missing.

Many of the keycaps seem to have uneven colours, shiny patches and so on.

No obvious scratches!  One small dent on the back side of the long left Shift, but that is on the bottom edge and facing away when on a keyboard so I wouldn't notice it anyway.

It's night, and my room lights are slightly less than optimal, so I'll have to reserve judgement on the colour for another time.  But so far it seems a little darker than I had originally anticipated, but overall a pleasant colour.  Like a really dark aqua.  I've been looking for a blue/white keycap set for a while, and this set is close enough to fit the bill nicely.

Thank you intelli for all your hard work in designing this set - I would say that I am satisfied with it.  Very much so :D

Offline TBone

« Reply #1893 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 08:58:08 »
Many of the keycaps seem to have uneven colours, shiny patches and so on.

Just curious, but on which keys? I have this on my 1.5u CTRL's and 7u spacebars most notably.

Offline GL1TCH3D

• Audiophile, tea lover and now keyboard hugger!
« Reply #1894 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:39:22 »
The only key for me that has uneven color (this "swirl" that people have been talking about) is the medium shift key that has some uneven coloring on the front side of the keycap.

Nothing came out of place for me. I haven't done a very thorough investigation of every keycap but in general I think I got a bit lucky.

Unfortunately I don't actually like the feeling of this set on my mobik
« Last Edit: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:41:28 by GL1TCH3D »

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1895 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 09:43:16 »
When I had my set under my magnifying lamp I had one mod with dark spots (think it was my short shift which I'm not using on this board), and I did see a few alphas with the blueish swirls in them. The swirls on the alphas are impossible to see in any normal lighting and use, but the mod discoloration is visible under direct light.

Offline TBone

« Reply #1896 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 12:50:45 »
I don't have discoloration, I was more referring to uneven texture and shiny-ness. It more looks like they were used and have shine marks, which kind of sucks but would have happened anyways  ;D Overall I'm super happy with it, just need a keyboard for it!

Offline snipars

« Reply #1897 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 13:17:35 »
here's a few pictures i took of the set in daylight, trying to get a more accurate picture of the beautiful teal colour 

Duck Octagon + Gateron Black |HHKB Pro 2 | Poker 2 + Vintage Black + Tex case | Unicomp Ultra Classic | WASD V2 |

Offline jbondeson

« Reply #1898 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 13:54:31 »
It's probably a bad sign when Massdrop support says "this process may take excessively long" when talking about replacing just the two keys that were damaged on my set.

Oh well. Love the colors, hopefully "excessively long" doesn't stretch into next summer.  :))

Offline Dubsgalore

• Banned
  • Location: 75% You have received a warning for attempting to circumvent the classifieds rules
    • Dubs - Sneakers, Keyboards, and Life
« Reply #1899 on: Thu, 13 August 2015, 14:11:44 »
What a lovely set, if i still collected i would have gotten in on this
shoutout to the originals owners  :cool: