Author Topic: nubbinator's guide to finding and buying Clacks and Bros.  (Read 12730 times)

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
Re: nubbinator's guide to finding and buying Clacks and Bros.
« Reply #50 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 16:59:26 »
Im stuck at step 3, any tips?

Well that's because you're only offering people $40 and a handy j.  You got to up your game, flash some cash and PM repeatedly.

My handy js are really good. They are worth at least tree fiddy.
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline exitfire401

• * Global Moderator
  • The Force is Re/\l
« Reply #51 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:01:18 »
Im stuck at step 3, any tips?

Well that's because you're only offering people $40 and a handy j.  You got to up your game, flash some cash and PM repeatedly.

Can confirm.

Source: paid four fiddy
Boards: Kingsaver Complicated Blue Alps |Sprit 60% Transparent MX Clears in Gateron housings with 62g gold Sprit springs lubed and RGB color shifting LEDs | Ducky Shine Zone MX Black with Blue LEDs | Realforce 10AE Variable Silenced

B/S/T thread: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=55351.0

Past projects: KBT Race 2 L.E.
Past Boards: Ducky Shine 2 | KBT Pure | LZ Aluminum Skin| HHKB | Realforce 23u |

Offline Joey Quinn

• "..."
« Reply #52 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:12:10 »

Can confirm.

:-* :-* bb  :-* :-*
People in the 1980s, in general, were clearly just better than we are now in every measurable way.

The dumber the reason the more it must be done

Offline tbc

« Reply #53 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:15:31 »

Can confirm.

:-* :-* bb  :-* :-*

judging by the smileys...confirmed used more than hands
ALL zombros wanted:  dead or undead or dead-dead.

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #54 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 17:17:39 »
Can confirm. PMing on a daily basis is the secret to getting someone to sell/trade you something they don't want to. Be sure to offer them trades/deals where you are clearly going to be on the winning side of the trade. Doesn't matter if they say they won't accept any trades or sell it, just keep messaging them.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• HOFF, smol MAN OF MYSTERY
  • * Senior Moderator
« Reply #55 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 22:50:21 »

But which step do I get the profit?

That would be in the forthcoming "nubbinator's guide to flipping Clacks and Bros for maximum profit".

Oh silly me. Can't wait for that guide! I find it really hard to flip Clacks for profit since no one ever wants to them buy for more than retail :(

It can be tough, but with my patented 5 step process, it becomes dramatically simpler.

Here's a preview of Step 1:

Step 1:
Have a life crisis.  This can be real or imagined, vague or specific, as long as it compels sympathy.  When you start your sale, always emphasize that something is happening in your life.  It could be you wrecked your motorcycle, need money for school because your parents disowned you, your special needs half niece you adopted when her mom was sent to prison and dad was killed needs money to help treat her terminal bovine cancer, and so on.  The sadder and depressing it is or the more dramatic you can make the situation appear, the better.

When in doubt: LAW SCHOOL

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #56 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:10:42 »

But which step do I get the profit?

That would be in the forthcoming "nubbinator's guide to flipping Clacks and Bros for maximum profit".

Oh silly me. Can't wait for that guide! I find it really hard to flip Clacks for profit since no one ever wants to them buy for more than retail :(

It can be tough, but with my patented 5 step process, it becomes dramatically simpler.

Here's a preview of Step 1:

Step 1:
Have a life crisis.  This can be real or imagined, vague or specific, as long as it compels sympathy.  When you start your sale, always emphasize that something is happening in your life.  It could be you wrecked your motorcycle, need money for school because your parents disowned you, your special needs half niece you adopted when her mom was sent to prison and dad was killed needs money to help treat her terminal bovine cancer, and so on.  The sadder and depressing it is or the more dramatic you can make the situation appear, the better.

haha, i've seen this mentioned a couple of times.  someone send me the thread link for this one, please.
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

WANTED: gib clacks        post your mspaints!        post your rubber domes!

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #57 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:19:05 »
Step 1:

haha, i've seen this mentioned a couple of times.  someone send me the thread link for this one, please.

This thread is the classic example.   ^-^

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #58 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:23:31 »
Step 1:

This thread is the classic example.   ^-^

Nah Hoff, that's one of them, but where the student truly became the master of my forthcoming tome was in this thread and this thread.  It is where they learned to throw off the cares of others, maximize profit while stepping on those who helped them, attempt to maximize sympathy, while also seeking to score others are discount prices.  It is threads like that that spurned threads like this that sadly made it more difficult to maximize profit in here.

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #59 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:26:39 »
Nah Hoff, that's one of them, but where the student truly became the master of my forthcoming tome was in this thread and this thread.  It is where they learned to throw off the cares of others, maximize profit while stepping on those who helped them, attempt to maximize sympathy, while also seeking to score others are discount prices.  It is threads like that that spurned threads like this that sadly made it more difficult to maximize profit in here.

Ahh, yes.  Perhaps my post was a bit naive.  I posted the genesis of the Law School saga, but it only got more deep and more intricate from there.

Auctioning a cap you don't even own yet?  YES.  Let's do that!

Classifieds were certainly a much different place back then...

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #60 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:48:42 »
haha thanks guys.  my favorite is still the rarar mr friday incident. :)
a cute stray cat combination that comes out happily when you look at your face is cute

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #61 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:51:12 »
storytime for us new people?

Offline HoffmanMyster

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #62 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:51:55 »

Hahaha. The ending of that story is quite entertaining indeed.  :))

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #63 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:55:40 »

Sauce and pasta.  Beloved rarar is the source for the rule in my forthcoming guide to do all auctions by PM before it's in hand and only do public auctions after it's in hand.  After all, must maximize profit without repercussions.
« Last Edit: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:57:34 by nubbinator »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #64 on: Fri, 03 April 2015, 23:56:09 »

Offline sethk_

• * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #65 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 00:02:45 »

Sauce and pasta.  Beloved rarar is the source for the rule in my forthcoming guide to do all auctions by PM before it's in hand and only do public auctions after it's in hand.  After all, must maximize profit without repercussions.
Wow, what a douche move on rarar's part.

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #66 on: Sat, 04 April 2015, 00:08:29 »
No, he's an inspiration for all to aspire to.  We just must learn from his mistakes and find new ways to maximize profit while minimizing jimmies.

Offline GenKaan

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Mer caps, mindre käbbel
« Reply #67 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 06:09:45 »

Thats golden :)

Quote from: rarar
I don't want the cap as much as the people sending me offers for $250+ for it, so I'm giving them the opportunity to get one if the want it. Feel what you want but I swear my intentions are not for profits.

**** dawg, if you dont care about profits I suggest a giveaway. If you got it for retail price (like $20?) its not really a bigger loss than any of the caps Ive given away
|| @Home:: Shine 3 TKL (Mx Red / Deep Space)  || @Work:: G2Pro (Mx Clear / Dye Sub PBT) ||
@Reserve:: HHKB (Topre 45g / Mixed PBT) // Das v3 (Mx Brown / Blank PBT)

Offline Huxley2500

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 05 April 2015, 09:48:52 »

Thats golden :)

Quote from: rarar
I don't want the cap as much as the people sending me offers for $250+ for it, so I'm giving them the opportunity to get one if the want it. Feel what you want but I swear my intentions are not for profits.

**** dawg, if you dont care about profits I suggest a giveaway. If you got it for retail price (like $20?) its not really a bigger loss than any of the caps Ive given away

What a douche!

Somebody sell me one at cost.   :)

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0
« Reply #69 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 13:09:48 »
I need step5
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline Belfong

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #70 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 03:27:37 »

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #71 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 11:10:13 »
I need step5
You have Step 1-4?

You forget the addendum to Steps 1-4.  If you decide you have to own all the Clacks and Bros you slowly flip steps one and two so it looks like this:

Step 1:
Don't be poor.

Step 2:
Be rich.

Step 3:
Offer lots of money for them in open, by PM, and on eBay.  If you go the PM route, make sure to PM everyone who had ever posted pictures of them, but especially seconds after they post pics.

Step 4:
Own lots of Clacks and Bros.

Addendum:
If you decide you must own every Clack and/or Bro, Steps 1 and 2 will reverse themselves which, historically has led to the following steps:

Step 1:
Don't be rich

Step 2:
Be poor

Step 3:
Have a life crisis.  The worse it sounds or more mysterious it is the better.

Step 4:
Auction off your collection or sell for a minimum of 2-3x what you paid for each.

Step 5:
Have lots of money.

Offline septamber

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #72 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 11:40:40 »
I need step5
You have Step 1-4?

You forget the addendum to Steps 1-4.  If you decide you have to own all the Clacks and Bros you slowly flip steps one and two so it looks like this:

Step 1:
Don't be poor.

Step 2:
Be rich.

Step 3:
Offer lots of money for them in open, by PM, and on eBay.  If you go the PM route, make sure to PM everyone who had ever posted pictures of them, but especially seconds after they post pics.

Step 4:

Addendum:
If you decide you must own every Clack and/or Bro, Steps 1 and 2 will reverse themselves which, historically has led to the following steps:

Step 1:
Don't be rich

Step 2:
Be poor

Step 3:

Step 4:
Auction off your collection or sell for a minimum of 2-3x what you paid for each.

Step 5:
Have lots of money.

After Step 5 you go back to Step 1 ...

Offline 3Love

• Bumpino Supremo
  • I want to become a great collector. Greedy!!!
    • https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0
« Reply #73 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 11:57:29 »

I need step5
You have Step 1-4?
why I remember step 5 is good lucky? I don't have step 1-4. Lucky is also very important.
I need step5
You have Step 1-4?

Step 1:
Don't be poor.

Step 2:
Be rich.

Step 3:

Step 4:

Addendum:

Step 1:
Don't be rich

Step 2:
Be poor

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:
Have lots of money.

I need step5
You have Step 1-4?

Step 1:
Don't be poor.

Step 2:
Be rich.

Step 3:

Step 4:

Addendum:

Step 1:
Don't be rich

Step 2:
Be poor

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:
Have lots of money.

After Step 5 you go back to Step 1 ...
Show Image

You are right. Should have enough money. Haha
I♥Keyboard  I♥Clack  I♥Brobot  I♥Hammer
                          I♥♥♥friends 
【WTB/WTTF】https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=63161.0

KBD Collection: 356CL, 356.2, 356DGE, Koala, 356MINI, 356N, 356N-MK2, 356PAD, 360C, 456GT, FMJ, LZ-MXSE, LZ-RE, KMAC 1.0, KPAD, Duck Orion, Duck Pad, Exo, TEX and etc.

Offline jonathanyu

Offline naasfu

• The Curator
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • CURSE YOU HE-MAN
« Reply #75 on: Sat, 18 April 2015, 23:17:56 »
whoosh.