Author Topic: Topre keycaps for HHKB?  (Read 2107 times)

Offline ClickClickClack

Topre keycaps for HHKB?
« on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 08:45:58 »
Hello! 

I'm new and looking for help.  I have been searching this forum and the internet for replacement keycaps for my HHKB.  I see EK has a few but I'm looking for more.  Any idea where I can purchase them?

Thank you

Offline Signature

• master of puppers
  • * Marketplace Moderator
  • snoozing
Re: Topre keycaps for HHKB?
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 08:55:28 »
Hello! 

I'm new and looking for help.  I have been searching this forum and the internet for replacement keycaps for my HHKB.  I see EK has a few but I'm looking for more.  Any idea where I can purchase them?

Thank you
The only "replacement caps" are at EK butif you want other colorways you have to look for realforce sets. They are quite rare atm but not impossible to find. Can be quite expensive
Very busy with studies atm.

Offline saturnotaku

« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 April 2015, 09:13:48 »
Hello! 

Thank you

The only official replacement sets for the HHKB are the white and charcoal gray printed/blank ones available on EK. If you want to go that route, it's actually cheaper to order from Amazon Japan through a proxy service (Tenso, White Rabbit Express, etc).

The alphanumeric and space bar from Realforce 104/108 keycaps sets will fit on the HHKB, but some of the modifiers will not.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 06:56:25 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Id you do manage to find a source for Topre keycaps, please post to let us know :)

They have become very difficult to find!

Also: https://geekhack.org/index.php?topic=70842.0
« Last Edit: Sat, 11 April 2015, 06:58:13 by rowdy »
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #4 on: Sat, 11 April 2015, 07:09:56 »
Kind of on topic, does anyone know if/where they sell the HHKB PFU keycap sets in Tokyo? I can get a good deal on them since my cousin is there now and shes coming back soon...