Author Topic: What's with me and dirty ebay keyboards?  (Read 2185 times)

Offline erricrice

What's with me and dirty ebay keyboards?
« on: Wed, 09 September 2009, 17:17:02 »
So, the cherry is in!
Review later tonight after I have had some time with it, but so far I love it!

Anyway, to the point of this thread.

I can understand if a used keyboard you are selling is dirty, that is totally understandable.  But when you put in the advertisement that it looks unused then WTF.

So as I had this problem with my last ebay keyboard, I sent the guy a message before I bought it from him asking him if it was clean.  His response was this and only this:

"They all are in very clean condition"

And then I receive this:

It all appears to be fuzzy dust except for a few stains on the keys so it is easily removable, but it does have more dust bunnies under the keys than under my couch. =)

Hmm, turns out the pictures do not really represent what it looks like.  That white stuff you see on the right win key is on every one of the keys just as bad.  Maybe it doesn't show because of the flash or something.  Anyways, you guys get my point.
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2009, 17:20:44 by erricrice »
I\'m selling all my Shizz! Please buy it!

White ALPS: Northgate Omnikey 101-NCS(Real-Complicated)****Filco Zero FKBN87Z/EB(Fukka Simplifieds)****Siig MiniTouch(XM Simplifieds)
Black ALPS: Black Dell AT-101W(Real-Complicated)****ABS M1(Modded Black ALPS, Linear)
Buckling Spring: Model M 1391401(1988 & 1993)
Cherry Blues: DAS III Pro
Cherry Blacks: Cherry G80-11900
Cherry Browns: 3X Cherry G80-8113LRCUS-2
Cherry MY: G81-7000HPBUS-2****G81-3000LANUS-0****Modded to 20g
Rubber Dome: HHKB Lite 2 (White & Black)

Logitech G5[/FONT]
Erricrice\'s Song of the Day: Gorillaz - El Maņana
Yup, Blatantly stealing this from you Kishy, hope you don\'t mind, it\'s a great idea.

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 09 September 2009, 17:39:21 »
I think there's something about Model Fs and ominous white stains - another Geekhacker posted a cleaning guide a long time ago, and had a similar stain on his.

I think that pic was taken after some attempts to clean it. It used to be worse.

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 09 September 2009, 17:45:47 »
Strangely enough, that picture doesn't seem that dirty to me. Dusty, yes, but dirty, no.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #3 on: Wed, 09 September 2009, 17:48:05 »
I was referring to the large white stain, which is the last thing you want to see when you open up a second hand keyboard =P

Show Image

That has to be the most awesome key ever. (For those that don't see why, look at it with your head turned to the left)
« Last Edit: Wed, 09 September 2009, 17:52:14 by ch_123 »

Offline Hakhu

« Reply #4 on: Wed, 16 September 2009, 02:35:27 »
Quote from: ch_123;116327
That has to be the most awesome key ever. (For those that don't see why, look at it with your head turned to the left)

Thanks for the laugh at the start of my work day. Now I can start being as productively as I should.

Offline microsoft windows

• Blue Troll of Death
  • * Exalted Elder
  • President of geekhack.org
    • Get Internet Explorer 6
« Reply #5 on: Wed, 16 September 2009, 19:42:15 »
I just cleaned out one of my keyboards after nearly 20 years of use. It's amazing all the dustbunnies that thing put up with!
CLICK HERE!     OFFICIAL PRESIDENT OF GEEKHACK.ORG    MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN MERRY CHRISTMAS