Author Topic: New/upcoming payment methods - Bitcoin, Venmo, Cash.me, etc  (Read 923 times)

Offline intelli78

New/upcoming payment methods - Bitcoin, Venmo, Cash.me, etc
« on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 20:16:37 »
Lots of new payment processors have appeared on the scene in the last year or two. What are you guys using? Found anything that's a potential Paypal replacement?
Please consider carefully before you decide to comment, for Jesus.

Offline fanpeople

Re: New/upcoming payment methods - Bitcoin, Venmo, Cash.me, etc
« Reply #1 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 20:29:40 »
Lots of new payment processors have appeared on the scene in the last year or two. What are you guys using? Found anything that's a potential Paypal replacement?

I have a bitcoin site that I am signed up to purchase from and a wallet. I only have about $20 AUD worth in there. I don't really use it but I would probably buy something just for the novelty. I reckon 5-10 more years and it will be either made illegal to use in certain countries which see it as a threat, or it will be a pretty common method of payment.

Offline katushkin

• Too Keycool for School
  • * Elevated Elder
  • Just the guy
Re: New/upcoming payment methods - Bitcoin, Venmo, Cash.me, etc
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 17 April 2015, 21:18:06 »
I don't really rate any of the crypto currency stuff right now. I don't think enough people trust it to make it's use widespread, and I think the security could be a lot tighter.

I appreciate this brings it into a cycle of lack of use, then lack of trust so lack of use etc, but I don't see any of them being a tangible replacement.
Can we get them to build the Alps ten feet higher and get Cherry to pay for it?
Katushkin's Clearout | Twitter | Steam | Instagram| Discord - katushkin