Author Topic: Conflicted on 1st 'Good' Keyboard purchase  (Read 15532 times)

Offline ironcoder

Conflicted on 1st 'Good' Keyboard purchase
« Reply #100 on: Tue, 20 October 2009, 13:39:24 »
I read that was after he shot at cops and broke bottles over their heads but I also read you're not supposed to believe everything you read. Now what do I do?
In the office: Filco 87 Cherry Browns x 2 (one with coffee damage, recovered) ● Lexmark IBM Model M 52G9658 1993 & 1996

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #101 on: Tue, 20 October 2009, 13:58:21 »
Don't read a word you believe here at GeekHack.

Offline dutch

« Reply #102 on: Sat, 03 April 2010, 20:07:13 »
Quote from: wellington1869;126907
Dutch, out of curiosity, I asked cyberguys their policy if you find any keys that arent clicking. Here's what they said:

"If the keyboard arrives defective, we will take care of shipping both ways. You will not be required to pay for return shipping for a defective item during your 90 day return period."

So if that key continues to bother you, just contact them. Wont cost you a penny. And you have 90 days too.  

You can also simply return it. Isnt that something? (Actually thats nothing special - most vendors in the keyboard world and the the larger retail world in fact allow that).

Guys, no matter what ripster (and any vendors) try to tell you, please remember:
You have a right to find out details and shop according to your personal priorities.
-vendors are not the same
-return policies are not the same
-controllers are not the same
-keys are not the same
-what you get for your money is not the same
-your personal priorities are your own

This is true even within the small market niche of expensive mechanical keyboards, just as its true in the broader retail economy.

Dont let anyone bury the details, especially salesmen and fanboys.
Mmmkay, well this was ages ago, but I had them replace it at not monetary cost to me. Excellent customer service. The one problem was that they shipped it to my dad's home instead of my apartment. I had originally entered my dad's home as shipping address by mistake since it was the billing address for one of my accounts at the time, but I had emailed them back to correct it before the original defective board shipped.

It only resulted in a delay in my receiving the keyboard.

I love the keyboard and use it at work. Sometimes, when I'm not really typing, the clicks sound a tad weak (especially compared to the unicomp spacesaver I got for Christmas and use at home (great feel, but way too loud for work)). When I really am working though, the sound and feel are so satisfying. It might have something to do with which tones I notice more during rapid, successive keystrokes vs those which stand out during single clicks.

Anyway, very happy with both keyboards. Thanks for the great forum and objective reviews.