Author Topic: Hello all!  (Read 925 times)

Offline luky7evens

Hello all!
« on: Mon, 27 April 2015, 17:51:19 »
I wanted to introduce my self here.
A little about me,
I work as a business technical support rep for a large company.
I am 29 and live in the Ne England are of the USA.
I have some other hobby besides mechanical keybaord, some are shooting, games, vaping, hockey, and photography.
I have 2 mechanical keyboards a KBP V60 with MX Reds, and I have a CM Storm Rapid in MX browns.
I have only tried the red and brown switch and right now I must say I prefer reds, I would like to try black and see how I like those. Also wanna try blues but I don't think I would buy a keyboard with blue because of the noise.
Thank you for reading and have a wonderful day.   :D

Offline LXXXIX

• Just remember all caps when you spell the man name
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #1 on: Tue, 28 April 2015, 07:58:53 »
Welcome to GH! I went along a similar path, but went MX Browns, MX Blacks, MX Reds, and now Gateron Blacks. I would highly highly recommend trying out Gateron Blacks! Gateron Blacks are a good step up from MX Blacks. MX Blacks are heavier though.

Anyways, we're glad to have you here and if you have any questions feel free to ask! :thumb:

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hello all!
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 03 May 2015, 05:11:37 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Sorry to hear you have multiple hobbies - this is going to get very expensive (although you probably already realise that) :p

There is already a vape thread.

Also a pistol and rifle thread.

There are a few photography threads, and also camera threads, although most pictures tend to go under their own specific threads in the media section.

Did you say you wanted encouragement to spend more money?  Oops, sorry :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ