Author Topic: Orange Alps Apple IIGS keyboard 658-4081, $22+shipping OBO  (Read 2735 times)

Offline jacobolus

Orange Alps Apple IIGS keyboard 658-4081, $22+shipping OBO
« on: Wed, 29 April 2015, 18:22:48 »
Dyesub keycaps + should be orange Alps switches:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/231547440593

Hard to judge the condition; the camera white balance was terrible. I don’t think it’s too yellowed (PBT caps won’t yellow, but the ABS spacebar + case are clearly a bit discolored), but it does look a bit dirty, switches might be scratchy. Looks like it came from a school.

These are really solid little boards, and that’s a good price even for a dirty one IMO.
« Last Edit: Wed, 29 April 2015, 18:25:55 by jacobolus »

Offline vivalarevolución

• Keep it real b/c any other way is too stressful
Re: Orange Alps Apple IIGS keyboard 658-4081, $22+shipping OBO
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 30 April 2015, 19:52:52 »
When I was buying these, a couple of these were from school districts.  In fact, I think that I used these in my elementary school.
Wish I had some gif or quote for this space, but I got nothing

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 15:59:47 »
So I ended up getting this one and upon picking it up locally as they are literally just down the street from me. It turns out they have a decent sized crate with approx. 20+ of them for quite some time and they ended up putting it by the wayside as they didn't know about the griffin imate to test them with.
Their supervisor wasn't there when I went to pick mine up but from the looks of it and what the employees were expressing, there's a good chance I can start a groupbuy due to my close proximity to them. Probably for a better price too considering they've been around for awhile and there's no need to trans-ship or taxes as they accept $cash$ in person. If you're interested let me know via PM, otherwise you'll find them on ebay as they're planning to do soon*.

They all appear pretty clean with only some yellowing of the case and spacebar for reasons mentioned above. Otherwise, the keycaps are in great condition. Switches are *not* gritty.
Yes these are ex-school district. Newark Unified School District to be exact. But they are by no means abused or used to the ground. The one I bought worked perfectly as is. I could test them all given I have time.

They are engraved on the back with school district information and inventory and some have been written with sharpie on the back as well with school district asset related information.
There are a few cables but most are without cables. But it's common knowledge that you can use a s-video cables in place of ADB cables.

It didn't occur to me in the excitement of one of the employee's showing me the trove of them to take a picture of them until the last minute but they're in the container on the ground:

The one I got:

They are *all* in this condition. None of them are missing caps.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:04:04 by Vanilla »

Offline jdcarpe

• * Curator
  • Live long, and prosper.
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:05:40 »
I would take two at that price.
KMAC :: LZ-GH :: WASD CODE :: WASD v2 :: GH60 :: Alps64 :: JD45 :: IBM Model M :: IBM 4704 "Pingmaster"

http://jd40.info :: http://jd45.info

in memoriam

"When I was a kid, I used to take things apart and never put them back together."

Offline jacobolus

« Reply #4 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:11:09 »
Awesome! These are great little boards. What other keyboards did they have at that place? :)

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #5 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:13:04 »
Totally forgot to mention they are ALPS orange with SKCL lock for capslock.

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:14:46 »
Awesome! These are great little boards. What other keyboards did they have at that place? :)

Besides the IIGS's, your usual rubber dome suspects from dell, HP, apple, and that one model M they have listed, they also have some rubber dome apple design ones.
« Last Edit: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:33:23 by Vanilla »

Offline Vanilla

• 110% Snuggable
« Reply #7 on: Fri, 01 May 2015, 16:43:38 »