Author Topic: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - shipped  (Read 457682 times)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
Re: JT Keycaps Debut GB presented by [CTRL]ALT - moving to production
« Reply #950 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:49:05 »

another point to note is, whilst we are using cherry profile, these caps are not meant to be replicas of gmk, whilst i understand gmk is the benchmark, and comparisons will be made, we are not trying to make a replica, there will be differences, and simply because something may be slightly different, doesnt mean it is wrong
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:56:47 by BunnyLake »
I'M IN THE PROCESS OF MOVING RIGHT NOW, WILL BE BACK AROUND SOON

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #951 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:54:51 »
for people wanting to see sliders

i have some pics of some of the test runs for you

that doesnt include the larger stab, and is just test material before the final colours

but i will have pictures of the final product shortly for everyone
« Last Edit: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:57:14 by BunnyLake »

Offline Air tree

• Better late than never ^-^
  • * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #952 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:59:09 »
I might pop if you keep hyping me for this set.  ^-^

Offline Invaderevan

« Reply #953 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 10:59:19 »

Show Image

that doesnt include the larger stab, and is just test material before the final colours

HYPE

gonna need to order a set of those for sure!

WTTF Ribbits, Ashen V2 MX, Bronins

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #954 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 11:17:13 »
Great. I'll def gonna order another set of those. There are so much stuffs going in this gb and I am glad that I joined. Just like everyone,  I'm excited for the future buys as well.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #955 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 11:33:38 »

i have looked through my beta caps, and measured, on mine, the tab is fractionally closer to the edge, but my enter keys are spot on

i think the angle of the picture accentuates this issue, i also dont know if those pics are of the final legends as several got fixed very recently

what i do now know is production has finished, and they are currently underway in the sorting process, as soon as i get pics ill post here

Nice, are the extra keys a happy surprise or will you release that before for extra hype? :)

some are a surprise

some i have mentioned previously in the thread

i can also confirm in future buys there will be 1800 support (but not in this one)

and the level of customisation we will show off for the next sets will blow people away, i cant wait to share what we have planned

Pretty much.

Bunny is always up to something good

just wait until you see what i have planned for the launch of the new store

Bunny master of the Hype. Bringing it to a whole new level!

Silenced Novatouch w/ Hack'd by Geeks

Sold: Ducky Zero Shine (Brown) | Poker 2 (Blue) | HHKB 55g Type-S

Offline retrochick

• goodbye my wallet
« Reply #956 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 11:55:51 »
Sweet. Glad to here there is even more being prepared for the future sets.

Also, any update on the sliders? Photos, or any info on when we can add more to our orders?

pics will come when i have them good sir

and they will be on their way to me shortly

as for info on them, in case you missed it, every slider order gets a topre spacebar in cherry profile to match the set, as well as the other 2 stab variants of sliders for full compatibility across the topre range

as for adding stuff to orders

i have 200 extra sets of sliders on the way to me, as well as some spare sets that you have currently seen, as well as another set we had made at the same time but wasnt available for gb, all of those will go on sale shortly with the launch of the new store, almost certainly in time to add to your current order

If the mystery set is some variation of nub's manly unicorn colorway, then imma have to throw my monies at you. Just sayin'.

Cherry is love. Topre is life. ~raymogi

Offline osxoep

« Reply #957 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:45:44 »
bunny,

Will you have extra of the longer sliders? I have a HHKB Pro JP and was wondering if you know if they would fit the ISO enter and mini spacebar.
HHKB Pro JP with hasu's controller (waiting for MX sliders)

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #958 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:46:45 »
bunny,

Will you have extra of the longer sliders? I have a HHKB Pro JP and was wondering if you know if they would fit.

i dont have my jp here right now, but im 99% sure they would fit, in that picture, it only shows one of the stab types, we have both being made

Offline RESPRiT

• HHKB = ❤
« Reply #959 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 13:50:54 »

Show Image

It's happening!!
;)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #960 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 14:36:31 »
:D Stabs well I need to get another set of them and it will be the first time opening my HHKB front section
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #961 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 15:59:39 »
Hello Bunny,

Here is the question people need answered. (Well I do anyway) ;)

Will you be making any topre sliders that are longer with custom silencing pads?

Then you can mod any topre board to be silent.

Offline Sent

• Simplistic Serenity
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Reply #962 on: Fri, 14 August 2015, 16:32:19 »
what i do now know is production has finished, and they are currently underway in the sorting process, as soon as i get pics ill post here

This buy makes me happy.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #963 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 01:42:42 »

another point to note is, whilst we are using cherry profile, these caps are not meant to be replicas of gmk, whilst i understand gmk is the benchmark, and comparisons will be made, we are not trying to make a replica, there will be differences, and simply because something may be slightly different, doesnt mean it is wrong

The Cherry profile is perfect!

I have plans to pair my JTK set with some GMK modifiers of various colours.

I wonder whether JTK will be able to make just modifier sets?  Like RGB, CMY or other?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Glissant

« Reply #964 on: Sun, 16 August 2015, 02:39:13 »

Offline childofthehorn

« Reply #965 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:40:47 »

Really, I want to know about the possibility of ALPS/Matias adapters being made?

I really love the feel of the Alps (which might be the opposite of a topre?) and would love nicely made adapters or new sliders which would allow for the use of ALPS with MX stabs. Right now I am getting by on some pad printed caps and then using Gateron Blues with new springs on the others.

The ALPS keycap selection is AWEFUL!

Offline rsadek

• raging keyboard monkey
« Reply #966 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 10:51:36 »

Really, I want to know about the possibility of ALPS/Matias adapters being made?

I really love the feel of the Alps (which might be the opposite of a topre?) and would love nicely made adapters or new sliders which would allow for the use of ALPS with MX stabs. Right now I am getting by on some pad printed caps and then using Gateron Blues with new springs on the others.

The ALPS keycap selection is AWEFUL!

My friend, aim high! Perhaps we could generate enough interest to have honest to goodness ALPS keycaps made! No compromises, just sweet sweet goodness.
❤️Keeboardz
---------------

Offline nubbinator

• Dabbler Supreme
  • * Maker
  • Model M "connoisseur"
« Reply #967 on: Wed, 19 August 2015, 14:51:54 »

I've asked since I have working models for male Alps/Male MX adaptors.  The only thing I need to do a little more tweaking on is the MX to old school Alps stabilizer and that's just a minor sideways shift.

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #968 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 14:50:10 »
I can't wait to brighten up my HHKB with this set. It's been dark and gloomy for far too long...

I can't imagine what the next set will be that's produced. I'll probably be buying that one too..Bunny just take all my money pls.

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #969 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 15:03:34 »
I can't wait to brighten up my HHKB with this set. It's been dark and gloomy for far too long...

I can't imagine what the next set will be that's produced. I'll probably be buying that one too..Bunny just take all my money pls.

I'm pretty curious about the next set as well!

Offline Air tree

• * Destiny Supporter
  • Formerly not demik
« Reply #970 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 15:05:54 »

Maybe if I wish hard enough, my calls for a 10th AE replica (beside a few legend changes and cherry font) set will be answered and I can live happy.  :)

Offline Ngt

• * Elevated Elder
« Reply #971 on: Thu, 20 August 2015, 15:06:53 »

Maybe if I wish hard enough, my calls for a 10th AE replica (beside a few legend changes and cherry font) set will be answered and I can live happy.  :)

Honestly I don't know what I'd want most. I prefer surprises! :D

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #972 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 14:28:41 »
Sorry if this already been addressed but is/will there be a way to buy the topre > mx sliders only? xai xai

Offline joey

« Reply #973 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 14:32:35 »
Yes, they'll be on the CtrlAlt site at a later date.

Offline digi

• elite af tbh
  • * Exquisite Elder
  • keyboard game on fleek
« Reply #974 on: Fri, 21 August 2015, 14:33:02 »
Yes, they'll be on the CtrlAlt site at a later date.

spank you sir. =)

Offline WoozieBiscuit

« Reply #975 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 12:31:02 »
Okay, hello. This is my first post on GeekHack. I'm on Reddit a lot, but I thought I'd come over here to ask some questions about the stab problem. So I've read the earlier replies and Bunny has made it clear that we can't use MX spacebars with the sliders, which makes sense because there are stabs in the way. I know this has probably been discussed before, but couldn't a small rectangular piece be manufactured that we can glue onto the bottom of MX spacebars that would allow for the key to connect to the space bar? On the bottom of the key, there are two indented rectangles that the stabs connect to. I'm sure you all know what the bottom of the key looks like, but here it is for reference: https://elitekeyboards.com/proddata/images/th/tspacebar_blk_001_th0x0.jpg. Obviously, you'd need to use some sort of non-permanent adhesive that is strong and won't come off after 5 hours of use or whatever. Clips with different heights and angles could be manufactured to accommodate for popular key profiles like Cherry, sculpted SA, uniform SA, DSA, OEM and other types so that everyone can get the spacebar that they want on their keyboards! Now obviously, someone would have to gather dimension data regarding the clips if they aren't already available online and finding a manufacturer might be hard if JTK don't want to do it, but it might be possible. Now I might be spouting absolute garbage, but this seems like it could work. Thanks for reading this. I'm not quite sure how the notification system works on GH so it might take me a while to reply. Again, this was just an idea and I'm not expecting anything from it, but if it seems feasible, something could be organised.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #976 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 12:36:31 »
Okay, hello. This is my first post on GeekHack. I'm on Reddit a lot, but I thought I'd come over here to ask some questions about the stab problem. So I've read the earlier replies and Bunny has made it clear that we can't use MX spacebars with the sliders, which makes sense because there are stabs in the way. I know this has probably been discussed before, but couldn't a small rectangular piece be manufactured that we can glue onto the bottom of MX spacebars that would allow for the key to connect to the space bar? On the bottom of the key, there are two indented rectangles that the stabs connect to. I'm sure you all know what the bottom of the key looks like, but here it is for reference: https://elitekeyboards.com/proddata/images/th/tspacebar_blk_001_th0x0.jpg. Obviously, you'd need to use some sort of non-permanent adhesive that is strong and won't come off after 5 hours of use or whatever. Clips with different heights and angles could be manufactured to accommodate for popular key profiles like Cherry, sculpted SA, uniform SA, DSA, OEM and other types so that everyone can get the spacebar that they want on their keyboards! Now obviously, someone would have to gather dimension data regarding the clips if they aren't already available online and finding a manufacturer might be hard if JTK don't want to do it, but it might be possible. Now I might be spouting absolute garbage, but this seems like it could work. Thanks for reading this. I'm not quite sure how the notification system works on GH so it might take me a while to reply. Again, this was just an idea and I'm not expecting anything from it, but if it seems feasible, something could be organised.

the stab sets come with a cherry profile topre spacebar so itll work on all topre boards

the trouble with your solution is often mx sets you would buy and want to apply to this board wont come with a 6x spacebar, secondly its not as simple as just making an insert, as this will change the height of the spacebar, and it needs to sit perfectly level with both the slider and the stabs

Offline WoozieBiscuit

« Reply #977 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 12:57:23 »

the stab sets come with a cherry profile topre spacebar so itll work on all topre boards

the trouble with your solution is often mx sets you would buy and want to apply to this board wont come with a 6x spacebar, secondly its not as simple as just making an insert, as this will change the height of the spacebar, and it needs to sit perfectly level with both the slider and the stabs

Ahh, right. Thanks. Do you think there's any chance I could modify a 6U space bar from the Carbon set to fit the stabs if I bought a spare Topre spacebar and tried to get the bits that clip into the stabs off?Keep in mind that I have never done any DIY type things. I've never even soldered a switch to a board. It seems like a long shot but I'm determined to get this goddamn spacebar on my board or my OCD will murder me and gouge my eyes out.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #978 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 13:03:48 »

Ahh, right. Thanks. Do you think there's any chance I could modify a 6U space bar from the Carbon set to fit the stabs if I bought a spare Topre spacebar and tried to get the bits that clip into the stabs off?Keep in mind that I have never done any DIY type things. I've never even soldered a switch to a board. It seems like a long shot but I'm determined to get this goddamn spacebar on my board or my OCD will murder me and gouge my eyes out.

its not impossible to do but its a total ballache

the easier fix really is to dremmel out the topre stabs and replace them with mx ones if you wanted to go down that route

obviously we have made the sliders  for use with the jtk keysets, so for full compatibility we will make cherry profile topre spacebars for full compatibility with our sets, obviously people will use them with other sets, but our concern was of course with our compatibility

Offline WoozieBiscuit

« Reply #979 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 13:19:05 »

its not impossible to do but its a total ballache

the easier fix really is to dremmel out the topre stabs and replace them with mx ones if you wanted to go down that route

obviously we have made the sliders  for use with the jtk keysets, so for full compatibility we will make cherry profile topre spacebars for full compatibility with our sets, obviously people will use them with other sets, but our concern was of course with our compatibility

Thanks for the help Bunny. I'm just going to go ahead and buy the set. We'll see what happens when I receive it. I'll post here if I manage anything.

Offline Latin00032

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #980 on: Mon, 24 August 2015, 19:19:26 »
Is there going to be a black topre compatible spacebar and a purple topre compatible spacebar included with each respective set?

Offline Oobly

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #981 on: Tue, 25 August 2015, 04:32:40 »
Is JTK considering making other profiles, too, like maybe SPHERICAL? :D
Buying more keycaps,
it really hacks my wallet,
but I must have them.

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #982 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:42:42 »
ok guys

here is the finished purple set

couple things to note

firstly, its under heavy yellow light, the keys are actually perfect white in person

secondly

there are 4 keys missing that we are including that are just on the final stages of printing

these are

numlock, srclk, capslock and cherry legend windowed keycaps

Offline asdfjkl36

• blue shirt guy
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • --- Click Clacks and Cats --- -- Cyan > Purple --
« Reply #983 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:48:32 »
Ooooo

Exciting :)

Offline adamski07

• * Maker
  • adamskimodz|fudorekz12
« Reply #984 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:49:28 »
Can't wait to have this on my hhkb! Thanks for the update Bunny.

Offline Evo_Spec

• (╯°ヮ°)╯︵⌨
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #985 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:55:24 »
ok guys

couple things to note

firstly, its under heavy yellow light, the keys are actually perfect white in person

secondly

there are 4 keys missing that we are including that are just on the final stages of printing

these are

Show Image

oh boy those look good.
.                 .  
GON NerD TKL DTA Edition

Offline azhdar

• Praise the AZERTY god
  • 65% Enlightened
« Reply #986 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 08:58:04 »
Happy to see both Ctrl and Control, I would have loved a few AltGr but well, it's good enough for me :thumbs:
Azerty Propagandiste

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #987 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:03:50 »
ok guys

couple things to note

secondly

these are

Show Image

Looking great! I hope we get that foam? Key set holder also :)
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline tjweir

• * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #988 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:11:44 »
ok guys

couple things to note

secondly

these are

Show Image

Hot damn, CtrlAlt and JT are making quite a name.  Great stuff.

Offline nickheller

• Cherry ML life
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • hickneller.com
« Reply #989 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:12:17 »
Dang these look good, can not wait to get them!

Offline potatowire

« Reply #990 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:37:47 »
Those look awesome! I'm very impressed.

Offline joey

« Reply #991 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:39:43 »
Can't wait to see some glamour shots!

Offline simonyunhe

« Reply #992 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:41:21 »
Looks amazing :-)
KeyBs:|RS96-Brown|GS-87-White|DIYer60-Red|VA68M-Brown|GS-ALT71-Blue|IKBC-108-Black|
KeyCs:|SA Carbon R1+2|SA Camping|SA Amazing Chocolatier|SA Commando 88 Ghost|SA Hyperfuse|SA Penumbra|SA Doom|SA Creamy Orange|SA Ocean Dolch|SA Lotus*72|SA Trouble Minds R2|DSA Granite|GMK TA|GMK Soware|XDA Mailstone|GM Ember|

Offline Bomble

« Reply #993 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:52:50 »
oh hot damn

Offline just66in

« Reply #994 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 09:55:43 »
They look toooo, toooooo good  :blank:

Offline frostylove

« Reply #995 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 11:15:38 »
beautiful sets
Suhr Custom Standard Carve Top
Manson DL-1 Matt Bellamy Signature
Marshall JVM410H + 1960A
Lovepedal Kanji Enternity

Offline LechnerDE

• * Esteemed Elder
« Reply #996 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:39:19 »
Those keys look awesome  :eek:

Is the black set next or is it already finished?

Offline BunnyLake

• The OG HHKB Master
  • X
    • [CTRL]ALT
« Reply #997 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 12:41:05 »
Those keys look awesome  :eek:

Is the black set next or is it already finished?

its already finished however they are being hand sorted

so all the purple sets are being sorting right now, and once they have been sorted, the blacks sets will be, and at that point ill get a full pic of those as well

Offline joey

« Reply #998 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 13:06:09 »
Maybe Cody could give them some tips ;)

Offline CommonCurt

• One of the cool kids
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • 🍒 Beige or Bust
    • My Flickr Page
« Reply #999 on: Wed, 26 August 2015, 13:52:26 »
ok guys

couple things to note

secondly

these are

Show Image

Oh yeah. Can't wait to try these out.
Some of Ye ole  Keyboards -->
More
OTD Koala:  62g Old MX-Blacks   |   LZ-GH V2:  MX-?62g   |   KMAC2:   62g Tactile MX-Greys   |   LZ CLS s:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   X60:   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   GON NerD 60:  62g Old MX-Clears   |   Filco MJ2 (Beige) TKL's:  62g MX-Clears  &   62g Vintage MX-Blacks   |   IBM '91 SSK

WTB/WTS/WTT ---->
More