Author Topic: AutoHotKey Script for Fn Key to Menu Key?  (Read 7908 times)

Offline Bludude4

AutoHotKey Script for Fn Key to Menu Key?
« on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:04:42 »
Okay, so I downloaded AutoHotKey for the sole purpose of remapping the Fn key to be the Menu key, because I need Menu more than I need media control or Windows lock.  But, it doesn't seem like that's how the script works, at least not on a basic level.  So does anyone have a copypasta where the script DOES work to turn Fn into Menu?
All hail Hall Effect keyboards!
I'm a QFR Blues noob.
WASD keycaps are terrible.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
Re: AutoHotKey Script for Fn Key to Menu Key?
« Reply #1 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:11:43 »
I think most FNs don't produce a scan code.  You could try the method listed in the special keys section here:

http://www.autohotkey.com/docs/KeyList.htm#SpecialKeys

But if it doesn't generate a SC#, you're out of luck.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #2 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:20:31 »
You're trying on a QFR, right? 99% sure that doesn't send a scancode as far as the host. Will confirm for you in 1 sec.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #3 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:21:00 »
You're trying on a QFR, right? 99% sure that doesn't send a scancode as far as the host. Will confirm for you in 1 sec.

QFR, yep.
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #4 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:25:51 »
Nope, no scancode comes through, so your PC (and therefore AHK) has no idea a key has even been pressed. You could try mapping alt+win to menu, or looking into an alternate controller. Bpiphany has a drop-in replacement that allows you to remap and customize scancodes at the keyboard level.
Please PM me if you are waiting on classifieds approval or have a question about the classifieds rules. | geekhack Terms of Service

Max Nighthawk x8 (MX Brown) | CM QFR (MX Blue) | CM QFR (MX Clear) | RK-9000 (MX Red) | Model M 1391401 | Model M SSK 1370475 | CM Novatouch | G80-8113 (MX Clear) | 60% (85g MX Blue) | Whitefox Aria (MX Clear) | CL-LX (MX Clear) | Mira SE (MX Clear)

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #5 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:46:43 »
Nope, no scancode comes through, so your PC (and therefore AHK) has no idea a key has even been pressed. You could try mapping alt+win to menu, or looking into an alternate controller. Bpiphany has a drop-in replacement that allows you to remap and customize scancodes at the keyboard level.

What's the script that would remap ctrl and win to menu?
I'm a QFR Blues noob.

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 21:59:23 »

What's the script that would remap ctrl and win to menu?

LControl & LWin::Send {AppsKey}

Offline user 18

• * Senior Moderator
« Reply #7 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:01:14 »
I don't use AHK, but give this a try:

Code: [Select]
^#::Send {AppsKey}

Offline Bludude4

« Reply #8 on: Wed, 06 May 2015, 22:11:02 »
I ran trizkut's code and it worked. Thanks, all. :D
I'm a QFR Blues noob.