Author Topic: [PCCG] Novatouch and QFR-I in stock  (Read 2699 times)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline wlhlm

• ~
Re: [PCCG] Novatouch and QFR-I in stock
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 17:10:27 »
(Australian Dollar btw)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 18:21:46 »
Absolutely!

Those who know what PCCG is will already know that ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 19:43:12 »
(Australian Dollar btw)

Bonus for all foreign entities because our dollar is now basically used to wipe our arses with, when we go to the toilet.

That is how worthless it has become and no one has placed any sanctions upon us either, so it goes to show the true inferiority of this nation to the world  :thumb: .

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #4 on: Sun, 31 May 2015, 22:38:20 »
The big question is whether it is now cheaper to buy either of these locally, or pay for shipping from OS (usually from US).

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #5 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 02:21:20 »
What price do Americans get the NT for? $150? That's almost 200 AUD. I believe I've seen it as low as $150 CAD before with a mail-in rebate, so getting it shipped from there is potentially cheaper than getting it locally.

I got mine locally at umart for $217.
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #6 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 05:32:24 »
PCCG is usually a fairly good average price indicator.  Good service, at least for the few things I've bought from there.

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #7 on: Tue, 02 June 2015, 05:53:07 »
PCCG is usually a fairly good average price indicator.  Good service, at least for the few things I've bought from there.

Best photos of produce available on their site so I always go there to see what something looks like and what's available to buy  8) .

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #8 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:08:28 »
Really! I never understood why the $AUS was always so low. IMHO, Australia's a terrific place with lots of friendly people, good beer, wide open spaces for you to wander around in for physical exercise, and of course kangaroos and wallabies [any of various small or medium-sized kangaroos, often brightly colored]. Plus, they call you "mate". What's not to like? Why should the dollars of great places like that be worth any less than the dollars of other places?

What's more, Australians seem to have just as many worthwhile things to type as anyone else—so I say they should have just as many opportunities to purchase quality keyboards as we with higher dollars do. I just wanted to go on record in that regard.
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline Ludovician

« Reply #9 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:21:22 »
AUD and CAD are still more or less equivalent in value, right?
Typing speed:
More
Visit the Typing Test and try!

My collection:
More
HHKB Pro 2 (Blank, white) | HHKB Pro 2 Type-S (Blank, white) | Topre Realforce 87UB silent-modded (not currently functional) | Das Keyboard Model S Professional Silent (MX Brown) | IBM Model M 1391401 - 9th January 1991 (Bolt+Floss-modded) | Apple keyboard m0116 (Orange Alps) | Unidentified DIN Keyboard (White Alps) | ADDS 1010 (Green Alps) | AEK II (Linear-modded, USB-converted) | IBM PC-AT Model F | Noppoo Choc Mini (MX Black) | Amstrad PC2286 | BigKeys LX | IBM Model M 1391401 - 6th September 1990 | IBM Model M2 1395300 - 28th February 1991 | Leopold FC660C | Cherry G80-11802 (MX Brown) | Matias Tactile Pro (Simplfied grey Alps) | Razer Blackwidow (MX Blue) | Novatouch 55g | Focus FK-2001 (White alps) | DSE Multitech (Blue alps) | Dell AT101W (Matias quiet) | Pok3r (White w/Clears) | KBP V80 (Blue Alps)

Pending:
Infinity kit

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #10 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:48:19 »
AUD and CAD are still more or less equivalent in value, right?

Oh Khryst, spewing coffee out of my nose when you said that........ NO the Australian Dollar is worthless to say the least.

The Canadian Dollar is more robust in value compared to our pathetic currency which should be used as toilet paper.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #11 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 04:57:48 »
Not to burst your whingey bubble or anything, mate—but as we speak, $1 CDN = $1.03 AUS. ("The Australian Dollar is currently the fifth-most-traded currency in world foreign exchange markets.")
We are not chasing wildly after beauty with fear at our backs. – Natalie Goldberg

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 15:18:48 »
The other thing that occurred to me is that if you want either of these keyboards NAOW, you can order it from PCCG and get it in a couple of days, or order it from OS and wait 2 to 3 weeks.

Offline ander

• * Esteemed Elder
  • I type, therefore I am
« Reply #13 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 16:59:26 »
You'll also be glad to know that most Australians now enjoy regular mail service, although it's occasionally interrupted by cricket matches.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 03 June 2015, 17:26:01 »
You'll also be glad to know that most Australians now enjoy regular mail service, although it's occasionally interrupted by cricket matches.

But only Monday to Friday.  And not on public holidays.

And things don't get lost that often.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #15 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:35:55 »
QFR-I seems to have sold out with no ETA on replacement stock.

Offline Heezy

• Formerly trynds
  • ★★★★★
« Reply #16 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 22:47:53 »
Scorptec had always have them.

Rig - i3 6300, 240GB SSD, 500GB SSD, Gigabyte H170N Wifi, 16GB DDR4, Zotac 1060 Mini, 650w SuperFlower
Monitor - HKC144hz Mouse/Mousepad/Keyboard - Zowie EC1A - Zowie GS-R - Zowie Camade - Filco TKL MX Pink

Offline Elrick

• Hype Master
  • Keyboard Orgasmist
« Reply #17 on: Tue, 09 June 2015, 04:36:35 »
Scorptec had always have them.

That was where I got mine  :thumb: .