Author Topic: Ocean, Sand, and Sky Colorway Preorder Sale  (Read 194848 times)

Offline Skuloth

Re: Ocean, Sand, and Sky Colorway Preorder Sale
« Reply #500 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:03:27 »
Would anyone feel terrible if I paired spacebears and a esc key together and asked for more $$$ for a set?  Everyone has a chance to get the pairing.  To be honest I wasn't planning on releasing the SB this sale, but it just seemed like a good time to get the mold worked out despite the workload.

The thing I have noticed is that it looks better with a matching esc key... sorta pulls the effect together.

I dunno guys..  he can't be a regular key cost because of the size, but I also don't want people having to try and hunt down a esc that matches from one of the other members of this sale.

Matching sets are always better. I'm pretty sure it follows the '2 is better than 1' trend.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #501 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:04:13 »
Would anyone feel terrible if I paired spacebears and a esc key together and asked for more $$$ for a set?  Everyone has a chance to get the pairing.  To be honest I wasn't planning on releasing the SB this sale, but it just seemed like a good time to get the mold worked out despite the workload.

The thing I have noticed is that it looks better with a matching esc key... sorta pulls the effect together.

I dunno guys..  he can't be a regular key cost because of the size, but I also don't want people having to try and hunt down a esc that matches from one of the other members of this sale.

I have no problem with it! :thumb:

Offline wlhlm

• ~
« Reply #502 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:05:47 »

I'm all in for it. :thumb:

Offline tigersharkdude

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #503 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:19:06 »

« Last Edit: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:07:34 by tigersharkdude »

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #504 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:28:41 »

I would happily pay more for a matching combo. I think this is a fantastic idea.
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline Binge

• Island of Sandy Beaches
  • With Gentle Time. I Feel Very Nice.
    • Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #505 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:42:23 »
Thank you my most active participants :)  I'll be weighing the choice all the way up to distribution.  Feel free to contact me here in case you want to show your opposition or support to operation #matchingspace
60% keyboards, 100% of the time.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #506 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:45:45 »
I regret not trying to get into this sale. Mistakes were made.
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #507 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:47:00 »
I regret not trying to get into this sale. Mistakes were made.

Same here bruh.

Offline fliptrik

« Reply #508 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 14:50:02 »

I would be all over throwing some more money your way for that.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #509 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:03:06 »
Do you mean everyone pays a couple of bucks more then some lucky people get a bonus, or everyone who agrees with the idea is put into a separate draw and pays a premium if they get lucky and win a set?  Either way I'm in, just wondering!

Also what stems does the SpaceBear have, and am I right to assume it's a standard 6.25 wide?  It would be gutting to win one then not have a board it fits, though if I got the orange one I'd build a board round it :D
120/100g linear Zealio R1  
GMK Hyperfuse
'Split everything' perfection  
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline inanis

• Truly Literally The Cloud
  • * Destiny Supporter
    • SEALWoodworking
« Reply #510 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:06:48 »

This is a very good idea. I LOVE the spacebear, and would have no issues paying more.
Some hearts are gallows, I'm not here for hangin' around

Offline do_Og@n

• * Maker
« Reply #511 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:14:09 »

I don't think there isn't a person here that would pass on getting a spacebear let alone a matching esc key to go with it. I'm in!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #512 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:21:18 »
Do you mean everyone pays a couple of bucks more then some lucky people get a bonus, or everyone who agrees with the idea is put into a separate draw and pays a premium if they get lucky and win a set?  Either way I'm in, just wondering!

Also what stems does the SpaceBear have, and am I right to assume it's a standard 6.25 wide?  It would be gutting to win one then not have a board it fits, though if I got the orange one I'd build a board round it :D

It is based off of a modified SP universal 6.25 spacebar.  There are all 6 pegs, and it works on all manner of fancy keyboards which support that size.

"What the hell Jimmy?!  It was ruined before you even put it up there with your decrepit fingers."

Offline Lurch

• The only good system is a sound system.
« Reply #513 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 15:22:12 »
#HAILSPACE
Quote from: Flyersfan1
im so glad you've stopped flipping the spacebar

Offline trees

• I like bagels.
« Reply #514 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:05:29 »
I would totally be down!
B.Face HHKB - B.mini - Black/Purple Custom

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #515 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 16:14:52 »

so I am pretty freaking excited about this  I must say  :eek:
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline MythicalWagyu

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Poor Impulse Control
« Reply #516 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 17:38:04 »

I would be beyond thrilled to get a spacebear + matching esc key at extra cost :thumb:
KEYBOARDS >>
More
More
OG Blackwidow | Rosewill RK-9000BRI | QuickFire Rapid | Choc Mini | Apple M0110 (soon) | Leopold FC660C | 60% Pure | Poker II | Keycool 22
MICE >>
More
Logitech G5 | Corsair M65 | Logitech G400
COMPUTER >>
More
i5-3570K @ 4.2GHz, 12GB DDR3, 2GB GTX 670, 64GB SSD, ~4TB HDD, 2x Dell S2240M IPS, Corsair HX650 80 Plus Silver, Win7 Ultimate
  [WTS/WTB/WTT]  Heatware evaluation

too busy being on aol chatrooms/yahoo chatrooms acting like a lesbian with other guys pretending to be lesbians.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #517 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 18:51:16 »
Ran out of mixing cups and gloves, so here's a nice single color  :thumb:

Show Image

Show Image

Show Image

Oooooo-la-la verr nice.  The detail on that orc and slo-fi is so intricate.  I can only imagine how much time the initial prototype must have taken.

Ork - over 72 hours (working and waiting)
Slo-fi - 10 minutes

My brain is weird man... got in the zone.

Yikes. Did the idea come to you over time and you continued to modify the Orc or did you know exactly what you wanted it to
look like and it just took tons of time to perfect?

Slo-Fi was a joke I thought to myself and then just made it.  I was laughing the whole time like a total nut.  Ork Trooper was very much the opposite.  It was meant to be a parody key of two different things.  The Ogre-rot and a Storm Trooper.  I figured so many people at the time were crying about supply and demand and the use of well known characters to draw a fan-base.  It was sort of like my "**** you" to the idea that one needed to be entirely original, and also that people could get by without ever being inspired by the work of others.  Let's face it there are obvious homage and then there are blatant copies of popular figures.  Ork proves (to me anyway) that art can be stolen in part, but successful art never blossoms without a bit of flavor that comes from the artist.

I even made concept art for him,

Show Image

Very impressive. I gotta pay more attention so I can get into the next sale.

Offline Tigermelon

« Reply #518 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:07:56 »

I would also be completely okay with this!

Offline cmadrid

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #519 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 13:11:03 »
Anyone want to pass their slot? #needyourspace

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #520 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 20:38:29 »

Offline aznairjordan

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #521 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:29:30 »
I miss seeing beautiful pictures of caps show up on this page :( Hope you're doing well Binge!
TGR Jane CE|FC660C|Orion V2
GMK Hyperfuse|GMK Olivetti|GMK Red Alert|Soulfree's Teal|GMK Cyan

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #522 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:36:26 »
I miss seeing beautiful pictures of caps show up on this page :( Hope you're doing well Binge!

I miss seeing new Binge art on this page!  :))

Offline iamtootallforthis

• Something a lot Funnier
  • * Global Moderator
  • I like green stuffs.
    • WTB/WTTF Thread
« Reply #523 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:37:23 »

Check his Instagram he posted a new picture yesterday!

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #524 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:57:51 »

Doing just fine!

Cross post from instagram,

Offline swimmingbird

• * Elevated Elder
  • keyset hoarder
« Reply #525 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:59:39 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Those look georgeous!

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #526 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 10:59:43 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Straight up beautiful. Dem spacebears doe.

Offline cooldiscretion

• Convicted guilty of being totally rad.
« Reply #527 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 11:43:27 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Oh wow, that is some fine craftsmanship right there.

Offline clacktalk

• CLACKS RULE EVERYTHING AROUND ME
  • circa 2015
« Reply #528 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 11:43:56 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

binge pls take me with you on this magical journey. everything looks mighty fine
diary of a clacktalk

franktalk: how much urine have u spilled
radio_killah: too much frank
radio_killah: too much

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #529 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 13:07:30 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

OH MY GOD THE BEAUTY

And there she is
Walking on air, she is
Fairest of the fair, she is
There she is - binge keycaps

what's your instagram btw?

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #530 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 13:08:29 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

OH MY GOD THE BEAUTY

And there she is
Walking on air, she is

https://instagram.com/hungerworkstudio/

Offline beehatch

• baehatch
  • * Exquisite Elder
« Reply #531 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 13:10:16 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

OH MY GOD THE BEAUTY

And there she is
Walking on air, she is

https://instagram.com/hungerworkstudio/

Thanks for the bone...I mean link!

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #532 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 14:33:19 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #533 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 14:43:42 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Show Image

No lie it's good to see a lady that excited erre once in a while xD

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #534 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 14:50:29 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Show Image

Where is this from?

Offline sethk_

• Grand Master Wizard Pizza
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • www.kbdhub.com
    • My webstore
« Reply #535 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 15:25:35 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Show Image

Where is this from?
Pro tip, right click and then hit "s". It reverse-image searches on google

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #536 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 15:34:06 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Show Image

Where is this from?

Unfortunately does not answer a thing xD

Offline trizkut

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #537 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 15:40:55 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Show Image

Where is this from?

Really? It told me that it was from the series 'Lost Girl' :))

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #538 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 15:44:41 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

I count 37 caps not including SpaceBears but the counter in the OP is stuck on 32?

So many great caps, my surprise favourite so far is the orange Orc near the front!
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #539 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 15:49:25 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Show Image

Where is this from?

Really? It told me that it was from the series 'Lost Girl' :))

I thought it was Lost Girl, but I couldn't remember the episode haha Thanx :D

Offline HPE1000

• Keycap Paparazzo
« Reply #540 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 17:59:30 »

Doing just fine!

Show Image

Looking good  :)

Offline theteam

• * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #541 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:15:27 »
and from the instagram comment  :eek:

hungerworkstudio Close to 40 complete. Space bears will be paired with matching lion keyngs.

Offline suicidal_orange

• * Global Moderator
« Reply #542 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 18:28:40 »

hungerworkstudio Close to 40 complete. Space bears will be paired with matching lion keyngs.

Just Keyngs?  Interesting choice but I trust Binge knows what he's doing :)
GMK Hyperfuse
MX Clear
SA Hack'd by Geeks     
EasyAVR mod

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #543 on: Thu, 16 July 2015, 19:22:26 »

That's solid! Congrats to those people :D

Offline Nai_Calus

• * Destiny Supporter
  • CLACK
« Reply #544 on: Sat, 18 July 2015, 05:44:42 »
Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaacebear
- IBM 4704 Model F 107-key "Bertha"
Other boards: Kinesis Essential, Infinity(G.Clears), Ergodox(MX Blues), Monoprice 9433

Eternally searching for Celestial Blue BS V2 and blue/purple Bros.

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #545 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 21:17:41 »
One hour until I get to check out this new color combo :D

Offline Skuloth

« Reply #546 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 21:25:58 »

The excitement is real!
Planck w/ Zealios

Offline R1N3

« Reply #547 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 21:39:46 »
Everything happens for a reason..

Offline Binge

• Hunger Work Studio
« Reply #548 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 22:53:49 »

The excitement is real!

Offline ImpendingxDoom

• * Maker
  • MF the SuperVillain
« Reply #549 on: Sun, 19 July 2015, 22:55:38 »

The excitement is real!

Show Image

:O