Author Topic: Hello GH!  (Read 1960 times)

Offline mesteris

Hello GH!
« on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 05:17:48 »
I joined the forum a little while ago. Excited to be a member of community and I hope to learn as much as I can from you guys! You guys have mostly been super helpful and friendly.

I kind of just want to say this because I've been reading a lot of threads that I find...interesting.

I've owned a Das 3 for a few years but never really got deeper into the mechanical keyboard hobby. At that time I would have never even imagined anything like a custom built keyboard, keycaps, or anything of that nature. I joined reddit a few years back because I like to look at funny pictures. r/MK was my first exposure to mechanical keyboards as a hobby and really sparked my interest in them. I think this is a great community and resource but I am disappointed to find that many GH pillars have hostile views towards reddit. And not without reason, either. There's a rivalry that keeps resurfacing. Honestly, I wish Ripster had never gone and created r/MK and that it had been some random other keyboard enthusiast that didn't draw the ire of his former community.

Guess I just wanted to say that many reddit members are keyboard enthusiasts just like you and it was a little intimidating to join after reading many GH veterans post sweeping generalizations about reddit. Not that reddit doesn't have its fair share of idiots and trolls. Sorry for the rant guys! I just want the love to flow.  :D

Offline enthdegree

Re: Hello GH!
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 07 June 2015, 18:47:45 »
y u h8n on ripster breh...?

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #2 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:28:39 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The nice thing about keyboard forums is that there are so many to choose from!  At least there a few to choose from, and most GH members belong to at least one other keyboard forum (I know I do, not that I post there very much).

And you really shouldn't mention he who should not be named - every time you do another artisan keycap expires ;)
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline MAR82

• Keyboard Addict
« Reply #3 on: Mon, 08 June 2015, 03:47:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

The nice thing about keyboard forums is that there are so many to choose from!  At least there a few to choose from, and most GH members belong to at least one other keyboard forum (I know I do, not that I post there very much).

And you really shouldn't mention he who should not be named - every time you do another artisan keycap expires ;)

Sounds about right!  ;D
And a big friendly welcome to you mesteris. Hope you have fun and like it here at GH   :)