Author Topic: Modding my Filco Majestetouch TKL to make it backlit [WIP] Please Help  (Read 1585 times)

Offline Gaming

Hey. So I recently picked up a Filco Majestetouch TKL for gaming purposes mainly. I really wanted the ducky shine 3 to get a backlit keyboard but then I found out about this! I ave seen some tutorials and there are 2 ways to go about this. LED behind the switches, or el-wire powered by a USB.I will connect the keyboard to the computer by a pc/2 and connect the el-wire to the keyboard with the usb space that is available on the keyboard. I personally feel for this kinda of keyboard the LED's would look better. What do you think guys? I will proceed by just doing th estandard stuff, depending on which lighting procedure I choose. I will dismantle the parts, take out the keycaps and switches, etc. I am going to go around the problems of my wires shorting out due to the pcb by electrical tape, and potentially a metal plate used as a barrier. Questions, Comments, Concerns? Also, I went ahead and bought an realforce topre 55g. Would this work with topre? Until the topre typeheaven rgb comes out that is. :P

edit: will the LED even work? If not, how hard will it be for the USB el-wire to work.

Note: I know this takes a lot of time and I am up o the challenge.
« Last Edit: Wed, 24 June 2015, 21:28:04 by Gaming »

Offline henz

• * Exquisite Elder
  • What?
Sounds interesting, wonder how you would get the contacts of the leds through the pcb. The rest can be done with some  soldering and extra electric components. Not sure how the filco pcb looks. Pictures please.

Offline radish

could do it directly on the plate... assuming the wiring can fit between the plate and pcb.

LZ CP

Offline Gaming

I was thinking to maybe make a new shell while I'm at it? A bigger one to add room?