Author Topic: Hey! Not really new, but will be more active.  (Read 2766 times)

Offline ccarlitos2

Hey! Not really new, but will be more active.
« on: Sat, 04 July 2015, 08:14:48 »
Hey everyone! I'm carlitos :) I have been a member of GH for 4 months, but I'm usually pretty quiet on here. I'm more active on reddit, but after GH went down I felt so lost :( So I decided I should be more active here. Currently I have a JD40 with MX clears, Poker 2 with MX browns, and a Leopold FC200R with MX Blues. I recently got into longboarding this summer while I'm home from college so thats fun :D I hope to get to know everyone better. If you have any questions or wanna talk for no reason what so ever my inbox is always open :D
HHKB Pro 1| Poker 2(MX Browns)| Leopold FC200R (MX Blue)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Yup, that tasted purple" -Lulu

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/138889771@N05/

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
Re: Hey! Not really new, but will be more active.
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 02:53:31 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing when you realise how much you miss something like GH, especially when it is not available.

A reasonable selection of keyboards you have - have you got a favourite?
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #2 on: Sun, 05 July 2015, 08:11:46 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing when you realise how much you miss something like GH, especially when it is not available.

Thank you! I don't really have a favorite haha I tend to rotate through them quite often. Previously I have owned an HHKB, Ergodox with 62g Gateron Clears, and a V60 with MX Clears. I just like to try new things and I still haven't found the perfect board. My favorite so far though was the HHKB. That layout was just perfeeect. The only problem were the switches were a little to light for me.

Offline livingspeedbump

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Gentlemen, a bobsled is a simple thing.
    • KeyChatter
« Reply #3 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 18:39:38 »
This is a very good place to be active on, especially when you need to figure something out/have real questions and don't want to just look at pretty pictures...

..coming from an /r/mk mod  :p  :thumb:
<- My Collection (so far)

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #4 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 18:58:10 »
Hey everyone! I'm carlitos :) I have been a member of GH for 4 months, but I'm usually pretty quiet on here. I'm more active on reddit, but after GH went down I felt so lost :( So I decided I should be more active here. Currently I have a JD40 with MX clears, Poker 2 with MX browns, and a Leopold FC200R with MX Blues. I recently got into longboarding this summer while I'm home from college so thats fun :D I hope to get to know everyone better. If you have any questions or wanna talk for no reason what so ever my inbox is always open :D

Ohh ohh

Welcome to Geekhack Hope you enjoy your stay!

And you Will stay

^.^
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #5 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 19:08:56 »

Ohh ohh

And you Will stay

^.^
Yes veigar-senpai

Offline Fire Brand

• Keeper of Rainbows
  • * Esteemed Elder
  • BISCUITS!
« Reply #6 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 19:20:20 »

Ohh ohh

And you Will stay

^.^
Yes veigar-senpai
*Incoherent cackling*
My Youtube Channel ~
More
Keyboards owned
More
Poker II - MX Black, Poker II ISO - MX Blue :c QFR ISO - MX Black, HHKB Pro 2 Black, VA68M - Gat Blacks w/68g Gold springs
My classified thread :3
More

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #7 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 10:10:19 »
The JD40 you posted on the KIRA cap giveaway is quite sexy  :cool:

But can we convince you to get a Topre board?

Anyway, hello  :)

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #8 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 10:21:48 »

I'm glad you like it :) I have already owned an HHKB, but I ended up trading it for an ergodox with deep space caps. I miss my baby so much. I'm probably gonna get another hhkb or a 55g rf once I get back to work!

Offline jerue

• (Whenever that happens :P)
  • * Destiny Supporter
« Reply #9 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 11:33:53 »

I'm glad you like it :) I have already owned an HHKB, but I ended up trading it for an ergodox with deep space caps. I miss my baby so much. I'm probably gonna get another hhkb or a 55g rf once I get back to work!

Nice, I love my 55g Realforce. good luck with the job hunting  :)

Offline Sed8op8

• * Exquisite Elder
  • Keyboard Padawan
« Reply #10 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 11:50:13 »
I sold my rf87u55g realforce and bought a HHKB. I love the layout but the 45g domes are a tad too light for me. I missed the 55g domes so much I just bought another realforce a :eek: so I feel you ! Welcome and I hope to see you around 8) have a great weekend 8)
Looking for Black KMAC 2 or KMAC LE Preferably unbuilt kit but will consider an assembled board with clears Please PM me if you can help 8) Always on the lookout for KBK/KWK Bro Reapers,V2s and Clack factory skulls have lots of caps for trade

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #11 on: Sat, 11 July 2015, 12:16:02 »
I sold my rf87u55g realforce and bought a HHKB. I love the layout but the 45g domes are a tad too light for me. I missed the 55g domes so much I just bought another realforce a :eek: so I feel you ! Welcome and I hope to see you around 8) have a great weekend 8)

Ah.. I was like that with MX clears. I had a V60 with clears, traded it for a poker with browns. Loved how quiet they were, but missed the weight. I ended up buying a JD40 with clears :D. Thank you! Have a great weekend as well.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #12 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 05:13:01 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Thank you! I don't really have a favorite haha I tend to rotate through them quite often. Previously I have owned an HHKB, Ergodox with 62g Gateron Clears, and a V60 with MX Clears. I just like to try new things and I still haven't found the perfect board. My favorite so far though was the HHKB. That layout was just perfeeect. The only problem were the switches were a little to light for me.

It is possible to convert an HHKB to 55g, although you have to sacrifice a 55g RealForce in the process.
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #13 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 06:45:07 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It is possible to convert an HHKB to 55g, although you have to sacrifice a 55g RealForce in the process.

Trueeeee, but that is soooo expensive. I'll probably end up doing it. Just being a college kid I don't really ever have the 400+ dollars it would take to get both of them lol

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #14 on: Wed, 15 July 2015, 05:36:30 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

Trueeeee, but that is soooo expensive. I'll probably end up doing it. Just being a college kid I don't really ever have the 400+ dollars it would take to get both of them lol

One day someone might work out how to make aftermarket Topre domes.

Offline demik

• Pronounced "demique"
« Reply #15 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:06:05 »
hey i've seen you around
No, he’s not around. How that sound to ya? Jot it down.

Offline ccarlitos2

« Reply #16 on: Wed, 22 July 2015, 20:34:00 »
hey i've seen you around

Sometimes :p