Author Topic: Heyo!  (Read 1110 times)

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
Heyo!
« on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:36:21 »
Hi everyone. I've been lurking for quite a while. Joining was inevitable. I'm relatively new to mechs, despite knowing about them for way longer. It was one of those "ignorance is bliss" things, I suppose. My first mech was a KBParadise V80 TKL and I still use it as my daily driver at home.

I also have a Ducky Mini YotH and KBP V60 that I use at work.

Offline CPTBadAss

• Woke up like this
    • Tactile Zine
Re: Heyo!
« Reply #1 on: Thu, 09 July 2015, 20:47:14 »
Welcome to Geekhack! Nice collection you've got! I've been trying to find the right time in my budget to get a Ducky Mini YotH. I really like that board :D.

Offline eksuen

• Ambassador of explosions.
« Reply #2 on: Fri, 10 July 2015, 13:47:14 »
Thanks. I do love my Ducky Mini YotH.  :)

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 04:58:29 »
Welcome to Geekhack!

It's amazing how long we can use any old keyboard before learning that there is the option of nice mechanical keyboards readily available.

And then it's amazing how much there is in the keyboard world that most people have absolutely no idea exists.

Metal keycaps.  Artisan keycaps.  Replacement LEDs.  SIP sockets to make replacing LEDs even easier.  Replacement keycap sets.  ABS, PBT, POM keycaps.  O-rings.  Landing pads.  The list goes on.

At least you have joined now :)

Sorry about your wallet though :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ