Author Topic: Massdrop Vortex PBT keycaps  (Read 1590 times)

Offline Altis

Massdrop Vortex PBT keycaps
« on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:18:53 »
I picked up a set of these on a run earlier this year and I have to say they're my favorite set that I own currently (I have Ducky thick PBT and GMK Dolch). I got the blank set and they're more of a dark grey than black. They look really good on the CM QFR.

I think $35 and $9 shipping to Canada is a great deal on keycaps.

Might be worth a look if you want some great PBT keycaps at a realistic price.

https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps

PS. I'm not in any way affiliated with this buy or product. I just really like the ones I got and keycaps tend to cost more than these, so I consider them to be a great deal, especially from Canada.
« Last Edit: Sun, 12 July 2015, 23:35:23 by Altis »
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)

Offline bcredbottle

Re: Massdrop Vortex PBT keycaps
« Reply #1 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 21:37:04 »
They're better than a lot of keycaps at 3x the price

Offline TastaturenAuslese

• Formerly temence
  • life marrow suckerer
« Reply #2 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 22:15:41 »
I picked up a set of these on a run earlier this year and I have to say they're my favorite set that I own currently (I have Ducky thick PBT and GMK Dolch). I got the blank set and they're more of a dark grey than black. They look really good on the CM QFR.

I think $35 and $9 shipping to Canada is a great deal on keycaps.

Might be worth a look if you want some great PBT keycaps at a realistic price.

[/url]https://www.massdrop.com/buy/vortex-pbt-keycaps[/url]

PS. I'm not in any way affiliated with this buy or product. I just really like the ones I got and keycaps tend to cost more than these, so I consider them to be a great deal, especially from Canada.

Fixed your url for the convenience of others :)
Home: Kishsaver - IBM 6019284/F62 | Work: HHKB Professional 2 Silenced | Temporary Retirement:
More
IBM '89 1391401 Merrill Lynch Financial Edition

They are a functional and practical indulgence.

Offline rowdy

• HHKB Hapster
  • * Erudite Elder
  • Missed another sale.
« Reply #3 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 23:24:10 »
Fixed the fixed url so it works for everyone :p
"Because keyboards are accessories to PC makers, they focus on minimizing the manufacturing costs. But that’s incorrect. It’s in HHKB’s slogan, but when America’s cowboys were in the middle of a trip and their horse died, they would leave the horse there. But even if they were in the middle of a desert, they would take their saddle with them. The horse was a consumable good, but the saddle was an interface that their bodies had gotten used to. In the same vein, PCs are consumable goods, while keyboards are important interfaces." - Eiiti Wada

NEC APC-H4100E | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED red | Ducky DK9008 Shine MX blue LED green | Link 900243-08 | CM QFR MX black | KeyCool 87 white MX reds | HHKB 2 Pro | Model M 02-Mar-1993 | Model M 29-Nov-1995 | CM Trigger (broken) | CM QFS MX green | Ducky DK9087 Shine 3 TKL Yellow Edition MX black | Lexmark SSK 21-Apr-1994 | IBM SSK 13-Oct-1987 | CODE TKL MX clear | Model M 122 01-Jun-1988

Ị̸͚̯̲́ͤ̃͑̇̑ͯ̊̂͟ͅs̞͚̩͉̝̪̲͗͊ͪ̽̚̚ ̭̦͖͕̑́͌ͬͩ͟t̷̻͔̙̑͟h̹̠̼͋ͤ͋i̤̜̣̦̱̫͈͔̞ͭ͑ͥ̌̔s̬͔͎̍̈ͥͫ̐̾ͣ̔̇͘ͅ ̩̘̼͆̐̕e̞̰͓̲̺̎͐̏ͬ̓̅̾͠͝ͅv̶̰͕̱̞̥̍ͣ̄̕e͕͙͖̬̜͓͎̤̊ͭ͐͝ṇ̰͎̱̤̟̭ͫ͌̌͢͠ͅ ̳̥̦ͮ̐ͤ̎̊ͣ͡͡n̤̜̙̺̪̒͜e̶̻̦̿ͮ̂̀c̝̘̝͖̠̖͐ͨͪ̈̐͌ͩ̀e̷̥͇̋ͦs̢̡̤ͤͤͯ͜s͈̠̉̑͘a̱͕̗͖̳̥̺ͬͦͧ͆̌̑͡r̶̟̖̈͘ỷ̮̦̩͙͔ͫ̾ͬ̔ͬͮ̌?̵̘͇͔͙ͥͪ͞ͅ

Offline Altis

« Reply #4 on: Sun, 12 July 2015, 23:34:11 »
Thanks! I have a bad habit of not checking them.  :-[
WhiteFox (Gateron Brown) -- Realforce 87U 45g -- Realforce 104UG (Hi Pro 45g) -- Realforce 108US 30g JIS -- HHKB Pro 2 -- IBM Model M ('90) -- IBM Model M SSK ('87) -- NMB RT-101 & RT-8255C+ (Hi-Tek Space Invaders) -- Chicony KB-5181 (Monterey Blue Alps) -- KPT-102 (KPT Alps) -- KUL ES-87 (62/65g Purple Zealios) -- CM QFR (MX Red) -- Apple Aluminum BT -- Realforce 23u Numpad -- Logitech K740 -- QSENN DT-35 -- Zenith Z-150 (Green Alps)