Author Topic: Wired Magazine Reviews the Das Keyboard Professional Model S  (Read 16996 times)

Offline msiegel

Wired Magazine Reviews the Das Keyboard Professional Model S
« Reply #50 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 10:43:35 »
Quote from: ch_123;122797
And they call Webwit a troll...

careful trolling can be a great ice breaker ;)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding
Model F Mod Log * Open Source Generic keyboard controller

Offline msiegel

« Reply #51 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 11:01:57 »
The noise is a reason why they should make them again. I think the comparative levels of over-engineering are reasons why they can't be made again.

hmm, maybe the design can be simplified for lower cost like the m was... but with more heavy-duty materials...

what does an updated model f design need:

plastic case
stamped steel backplate
hammer-mounting templates (could be injection molded as a single piece like the model m)
injection molded one-piece keys with dye-sub printing
springs and hammers
flexible capacitive circuit (can't these be printed nowadays, like membranes are)
controller

the bill of materials *could* be nearly the same as a modern day unicomp :)

Filco Zero (Fukka) AEKII sliders and keycaps * Filco Tenkeyless MX brown * IBM F/AT parts: modding

Offline timw4mail

• https://timshomepage.net
« Reply #52 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 11:49:44 »
Umm...the keys are already one-piece.
Buckling Springs IBM Model F AT, New Model F 77, Unicomp New Model M
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840
Linear Lenovo Y (Gateron Red), Aluminum kiosk keyboard (Cherry MX Black)

Offline msiegel

« Reply #53 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 11:52:14 »
Quote from: timw4mail;122841
Umm...the keys are already one-piece.

we saved $0 on that one item alone!! ;D

Offline timw4mail

« Reply #54 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 12:00:44 »
Why are all the chairs on skulls?
Clicky iOne Scorpius M10, OCN-branded Ducky DK-9008-C, Blackmore Nocturna, Redragon Kumara K552-1, Qtronix Scorpius Keypad, Chicony KB-5181(Monterey)
Tactile Apple AEKII (Cream damped ALPS), Filco FKBN91M/JB (Japanese Tenkeyless), Cherry G84-5200, Cherry G84-4100LPAUS, Datalux Spacesaver(Cherry ML), Redragon Devarajas K556 RGB, Newmen GM711, Poker II (Cherry MX Clear), Logitech G910 Orion Spark, Logitech K840

Offline Ulysses31

« Reply #55 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 12:26:59 »
It's probably a metaphor.

Offline msiegel

« Reply #56 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 12:29:33 »
*mumbles something about skeleton keys*

Offline msiegel

« Reply #57 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 12:42:19 »
i love the smiley wall!
XD

Offline JBert

« Reply #58 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 12:45:00 »
WARNING: Wall of text
Thread lightly

Oh dear. Now I just had to read this entire thread and conjure up a reply instead of just ignoring uninformed reviewers who won't read this forum anyway.

Let us start with webwit's statements:
Quote from: webwit;122558
In my opinion Das Keyboard is Das Evil, and is some kind of cruel joke on wannabee geeks who buy a feeling and also a crap product.

Here is all that is wrong:

1. Das Name. This is an American company, that does not make keyboard but orders OEM keyboards in Taiwan, where they don't make switches, they order it from Cherry (German). Where they don't make switches either, they get it made in the Czech Republic. Don't ride the bandwagon of German craftsmanship if you're just some redneck douche bag company, please.

2. The controller bug issues..

3. It shines like it wants to poke my eye out and is some luxury object. It is just a piece of plastic.

4. Overpriced, you pay for the silly name.

5. Cherry Blue switches, aimed at beginners who are impressed by clicky sounds or non-beginning douchebags who want to impress people by pressing small leafs of metal while typing. It is a b-switch.

6. Claim of worlds best keyboard. See various points above. It is not.

7. Only mechanical keyboard picked up by the sites like wired, where a douchebag reviewer with no knowledge of keyboards will be impressed by clicky sounds.

All in all a marketing trick aimed at uninformed people who like to show off how sophisticated they are by buying overpriced crap. A bit like the Apple crowd. Bernays would have been proud of both of them, these zealous students.
1. Fact.
2. "Half truth". Any keyboard has a limited scanrate, but it depends on the user whether or not it is perceivable. In this case they managed to screw up their demographic research and designed the scanrate far too low.
3. Opinion. Granted, it is extremely shiny, but so is other stuff put out right now (like my Nokia 6124 classic for example. Does what I want and more, but it is shiny). The Das stands out from other keyboards due to its "modern" design, even if that has drawbacks. We mostly prize keyboards by feel, whereas some judge it by looks. The Das tried to do both for the vague in-between crowd.
4. Fact. You pay for the design and the name, technically it can be built for far less.
5. FUD/Opinion. It's a different switch with totally different parameters. In the end, it makes contact just as good as a buckling spring, it's just that it has a radically different behaviour for the user.
On a sidenote: it doesn't "press" small leafs, instead the plunger stops the contact leaf from touching the contact when the key is not pressed down. Maybe some ALPS switch caused a mixup here (disclaimer: I haven't studied the whole ALPS family so I can't say which ones work like that).
6. Fact. No keyboard can be the world's best, period. Until you "grow" one on a per-user basis, this remains marketing crap.
7. Half truth. Most reviewers aren't paid to do thorough research, so it is already nice when a reviewer doesn't just copy the company's marketing FUD at verbatim.
Heck, the real point here is that everyone is biased. For example, there are articles about the model M and even about Unicomp, yet only those knowing them take notice.

Anyway, all that to say the Das is far from the best bang for your buck(lingspringfix).

Quote from: maxlugar;122778
I'm in.  I don't expect more than a handful of geekhackers will want to be associated with this dark subculture. Who needs em anyway?
(as I type this post on my Filco blue Cherry keyboard)

I guess you're planning on lumping the 83-key PC/XT diehards in with the 84-key PC AT  fans.  Technically, they both use Model F technology, but the 84-key was never referred to as a Model F by IBM.
I have a model F in shipment. If it does turn out to be an AT I'll try to collect the opinions into a thread together with my own review.

Quote from: ch_123;122740
Someone suggested that perhaps the membrane needed to be struck more forcefully than the capacitive plates did, which may suggest why the mechanism was changed around. As far as I can see, the spring is the only thing that can account for the difference between the two designs, and that theory is the one which explains why IBM would make the mechanism feel of lower quality when there was no apparent advantage in terms of things like cost reduction.

And whatever Ripster may say, it's nothing to do with those godforsaken hammers...
This is hard to say. The main question is in which way their design goals changed between the design of the model F and M. Any statements below are based on speculation as I don't know all parameters of the design by heart.

Cost cutting was one of the design changes, so they probably threw out the PCB first. Because membrane switches need to deform the top switching surface, they probably needed an increased force to be put on the membrane. For this, the hammer design was probably changed to have more torque (I'll need to look at some schematics again to see how much truth this holds).

With regards to the spring, there are a few possibilities here:
- With modified hammers, chances were that the spring wouldn't have enough force to buckle and push the hammer, hence the need for a more rigid spring (less coils).
- Alternatively, IBM might have gotten complaints from typists that the F was too light and caused them to bottom out all the time. At least for the XT, it seems that you easily bottom out and do so mercilessly.
This theory may seem odd, but do remember that the IBM PC series made computers "affordable", hence a lot of companies who hired only typists may have switched to computers. Under the right circumstances, this might have caused a large group of people preferring a heavier keyboard.
- Third: most likely it is a combination of the above.

With heavier springs, the feel is sure to be different. It buckles differently, and this in turn may mean that the spring may buckle earlier so you don't bottom out. It does need a higher force, of course.

Quote from: ch_123;122724
I would love to find a Model M that felt anything like a Model F. Having used a Unicomp and Model F side by side for quite a while, they are quite different to eachother. Maybe the earlier Model Ms felt like Model Fs, but I have never used one that wasn't in a horribly worn out condition.

Either way, the difference between the Unicomp and the Model F was sufficient to make me think "Wow..." when I pressed a key on the Model F for the first time.
[strike]As I stated above, I think it's in a combination of the hammers and springs.[/strike]

EDIT: So many similarities and differences between the model F and M that I still don't know. Better not to speculate until a successful conversion is made.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:03:56 by JBert »
IBM Model F XT + Soarer's USB Converter || Cherry G80-3000/Clears

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Currently ignored by: nobody?

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline msiegel

« Reply #59 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 12:53:50 »
i kind of like bottoming out on the model f...

even though it bottoms onto a hard surface, i feel like i'm just tapping the bottom rather than ramming into it.

plus the sound is outstanding :)

Offline timw4mail

« Reply #60 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 13:05:05 »
click-sproiing

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #61 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 13:39:45 »
Quote from: ripster;122871
Just illustrates my hypothesis that Model F users don't have a sense of humor.

No, that's just timw4mail... The rest of us are pretty funny guys. Check out webwit for example =p

As I stated above, I think it's in a combination of the hammers and springs.

*facepalm* Seriously folks, many people have carried out experiments that effectively rule out the hammer hitting the plate as the source of noise or tactility. I think it's time you moved on.

« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2009, 13:45:48 by ch_123 »

Offline JBert

« Reply #62 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 13:51:42 »
Quote from: ripster;122891
Sound sample here for those curious about the sound.  Warning - don't have sleeping babies nearby.

Any you're the same guys that complain about the Blue Cherry sound?!?!?
Show Image

Ah, tastes are weird, eh?

At any rate, you can't really compare the two sounds as the recordings aren't "standardized".

The model F sound does have some high-pitched frequencies although you bearable hear those at "typing distance". The same is probably true for the blue cherries. Still, the latter consist more of a "plastic" sound whereas the buckling spring have "pingy" and reverberation properties.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2009, 13:55:41 by JBert »

The storage list:
IBM Model F AT || Cherry G80-3000/Blues || Compaq MX11800 (Cherry brown, bizarre layout) || IBM KB-8923 (model M-style RD) || G81-3010 Hxx || BTC 5100C || G81-3000 Sxx || Atari keyboard (?)

Disclaimer: we don\'t help you save money on [strike]keyboards[/strike] hardware, rather we make you feel less bad about your expense.
[/SIZE]

Offline JBert

« Reply #63 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:01:11 »
Quote from: ch_123;122894
*facepalm* Seriously folks, many people have carried out experiments that effectively rule out the hammer hitting the plate as the source of noise or tactility. I think it's time you moved on.
Could be, but then I don't know if anyone actually knows the "exact" cause.

I'll strike-through the statement you quoted.

The storage list:

[/SIZE]

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #64 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:04:27 »
The noise is a reason why they should make them again. I think the comparative levels of over-engineering are reasons why they can't be made again. You could probably buy a Filco with the amount of money it would cost to manufacture one, even in mass production.

And they call Webwit a troll...

I wouldn't describe the Model F technology as overengineering.  It was the dominant tecnology used for terminal keyboards and early personal computer keyboards  when systems were sold as a bundle.  Y'all know I personally believe that the feel of the keypresses were perfected with the 84-key PC AT keyboard.  It's too bad that the Model F technology never made it to the 101 key layout.  Model Ms were the result of IBM's brilliant challenge to it's engineers to replicate the buckling spring technology with a keyboard that cost less to mass produce.  

I seriously doubt that keyboards using Model F technology (buckling spring over capacitive contact key switches) will ever be mass produced again.  Most people simply don't care that much about keyboards and the market demand would not generate enough volume to enable the profit margins required by the current manufacturers of high end botique keyboards.

What you are basically proposing is a Topre capacitive PCB with buckling spring key switches.  The current Topre switch is precision manufactured to fine tolerances but is simply a slider that pushes on a rubber dome.  Throwing in buckling springs and hammers multiplies the required components and increases the complexity of the assembly process, not to mention the required R&D and prototype costs that would have to be written off.  I'll bet Topre Corp. and PFU Fujitsu Systems are happy with their current profit margins.

And webwit is a troll (among other things) and I am a redneck (properly pronounced "reneck") troll.
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside

Offline msiegel

« Reply #65 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:14:00 »
Quote from: ch_123;122894
many people have carried out experiments that effectively rule out the hammer hitting the plate as the source of noise or tactility

hmm, since the hammers aren't involved in the click or tactility...

any sense of whether a rubber sheet under the hammers would reduce the springs' pinging and some of the reverb?
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:32:09 by msiegel »

Offline msiegel

« Reply #66 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:19:37 »
Quote from: maxlugar;122903
I seriously doubt that keyboards using Model F technology (buckling spring over capacitive contact key switches) will ever be mass produced again. Most people simply don't care that much about keyboards and the market demand would not generate enough volume to enable the profit margins required by the current manufacturers of high end botique keyboards.

ah, but as hobbyists all we gotta do is break even :)

we may have a shortage of capital and manufacturing might, but we do have an abundance of insight, and nobody is drawing a salary.

Offline JBert

« Reply #67 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:23:26 »
That what you call echo is actually reverb (after all, you don't hear "ping, ping, ping..."). It is nearly impossible to remove this sound without coating the spring in grease or some other viscous fluid. While dampening the hammer's movement alters the sound, it will probably wont' change the sound of the spring slapping the key well.

If you want to know more about the mechanics, look at spring reverb units used in audio effect banks.
« Last Edit: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:25:24 by JBert »

The storage list:

[/SIZE]

Offline msiegel

« Reply #68 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:26:54 »
Quote from: JBert;122908
That what you call echo is actually reverb (after all, you don't hear "ping, ping, ping..."). It is nearly impossible to remove this sound without coating the spring in grease or some other viscous fluid. While dampening the hammer's movement alters the sound, it will probably wont' change the sound of the spring slapping the key well.

If you want to know more about the mechanics, look at spring reverb units used in audio effect banks.

cool!

edit: damn, a diagram would help! :D

Offline maxlugar

« Reply #69 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:27:45 »
Quote from: msiegel;122907
ah, but as hobbyists all we gotta do is break even :)

we may have a shortage of capital and manufacturing might, but we do have an abundance of insight, and nobody is drawing a salary.

Geekhacker innovation is the only chance we have of resurrecting Model F technology in a modern footprint.

I'm looking forward to the first modded board!
Emperor of the IBM 84-key AT Model F Darkside

Offline timw4mail

« Reply #70 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:32:46 »
With how rare they are at this point, I'm not personally willing to break one open for modding, and will gladly deal with the layout issues.  (Although I did just mod my newest Cherry keyboard in order to show that hidden USB hub...)

Offline JBert

« Reply #71 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:39:36 »
Ask Clickclack where he got his keyboards. After all, most of them lack the cable but could still be used for parts.

The storage list:

[/SIZE]

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #72 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:54:16 »
Y'all know I personally believe that the feel of the keypresses were perfected with the 84-key PC AT keyboard.

Well, if the capacitive buckling leaf switches are as good as Webwit says, the Model F was probably a regression...

Offline JBert

« Reply #73 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:56:53 »
I'm still wondering how those work. Webwit's pictures don't reveal much of the mechanism or its inner workings.

The storage list:

[/SIZE]

Offline ch_123

• * Exalted Elder
« Reply #74 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 14:59:50 »
Yeah. I tried to find a patent but I failed miserably. I could do with a description of one, and preferably a board that has them =P

Offline msiegel

« Reply #75 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 15:01:10 »
Quote from: ch_123;122923
I could do with a description of one, and preferably a board that has them =P

QFT

we need moar info!! :D

Offline msiegel

« Reply #76 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 15:05:27 »
Quote from: JBert;122917
Ask Clickclack where he got his keyboards. After all, most of them lack the cable but could still be used for parts.

rumor has it clickclack is hiding 19 cargo containers full of model Fs ;D

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #77 on: Sun, 04 October 2009, 17:06:18 »
Quote from: ripster;122871
Meanwhile - At The Blue Cherry Club!

The new poledancer always starts trouble...

Offline F2a

« Reply #78 on: Mon, 05 October 2009, 14:58:20 »
Ok well, What if this board really did improve the NKRO? Then we have a good board with a 30 day return policy and a real warranty. Anyone?

Offline JBert

« Reply #79 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 02:06:10 »
Ehr, it is already NKRO. It's just that the scanrate is too low.

The storage list:

[/SIZE]

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #80 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 02:15:35 »
Quote from: JBert;123359
Ehr, it is already NKRO.

Subject to the USB 6-key plus modifier limitation.
The new model can plug into PS/2. So it has full, full NKRO.

Offline cmr

« Reply #81 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 03:30:04 »
Quote from: webwit;122713
Hear, hear, finally someone who knows what this is all about ;)

Although I don't want to scare the OP. To put things into perspective, any Cherry board is miles better than any Logitech board. A Logitech is a cheap Chinese car, a Cherry a Mercedes middle class, and we're just some nuts, like mentioned above, discussing the best car money could buy, which is not economically realistic.

this must mean that a filco is the equivalent of a nissan GT-R?

Offline clickclack

• * Maker
  • Board Chow EXTRAORDINAIRE
« Reply #82 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 03:41:27 »
Quote from: msiegel;122927
rumor has it clickclack is hiding 19 cargo containers full of model Fs ;D

19!?!?!?!?!?!
what happened to #20?
(quickly runs out back....phew... all there, all 20 of em!)
For a moment there I thought someone found my stash :S

So back to the original post, It will be interesting to see if any problems were noted and corrected in this current version of the keyboard. I have my doubts unfortunately, but it would be nice to see improvement. I am also of the belief that any mechanical keyboards in the press/publications is a good thing.

Are we possibly going too far off topic here? And if so then...?
862+ keyboards and counting!   R.I.P.ster          Vendor link ->Clack Factory

Offline quadibloc

• Layout Fanatic
    • John Savard's Home Page
« Reply #83 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 04:32:20 »
I wouldn't describe the Model F technology as overengineering.  It was the dominant tecnology used for terminal keyboards and early personal computer keyboards  when systems were sold as a bundle.  Y'all know I personally believe that the feel of the keypresses were perfected with the 84-key PC AT keyboard.  It's too bad that the Model F technology never made it to the 101 key layout.  Model Ms were the result of IBM's brilliant challenge to it's engineers to replicate the buckling spring technology with a keyboard that cost less to mass produce.

And the Model F was "the result of IBM's brilliant challenge" to its engineers to replicate the technology of the 3278 keyboard "with a keyboard that cost less to mass produce".

The 3278 switch is normally closed, if the patents describe the exact embodiment of the principle which that terminal used, which means it won't work with a Topre controller, and probably not with a Model F controller either. (Since there are people here who have opened up a Model F, they would know.)

Even the 3278 keyboard, as noted in its British patent, was designed as economical to manufacture compared to the kinds of keyboards which came before it. I wonder what kind of keyswitch was used by IBM on the 3277 Display Station.

Since there was one attempt to manufacture a buckling spring keyboard in China - apparently a dismal failure, though - it isn't impossible that some investor might try to resurrect that technology. Very unlikely, I admit. Since there are already products out there for keyboard aficionados, though, someone trying to capture that market by blowing everyone else out of the water is not impossible.

Offline Rajagra

« Reply #84 on: Tue, 06 October 2009, 06:36:33 »
Quote from: webwit;122558
Bernays would have been proud of both of them, these zealous students.

Holy crap, I just watched the first 2 episodes of that series. The 1st is interesting, but the 2nd is really shocking. Can't wait to see the final 2.

Should be compulsory viewing. Especially for Americans. And very much so for anyone being told they need to see an analyst.

Offline yode

• s a d b o y s
« Reply #85 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 01:25:53 »
someone buy the model S to see if the scanrate issues are fixed. Then return it FA FRAY.
300 OTF GBE OBLOCK ON BD

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #86 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 03:07:21 »
if metadot had any sense they'd send one to geekhack for a review. if they've fixed it, GH would be the fastest way to get that news out there.

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

using: ms 7000/Das 3

Offline elbowglue

« Reply #87 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:26:15 »
That may be why one was not sent to (a) geekhack(er) for review...
My keyboards: Filco Cherry Blue Tenkeyless(daily home), Compaq MX11800 (modded to blacks), Compaq "MX 84u",  Wellington\'s Dampened Endurapro, Pinkalicious Filco Blue Cherry, Chicony KB-5191, Chicony KB-5181, Desko MOS 5023 UP "elbowglue" spos (modded to blues), Siig Minitouch (monterey blue), SMK-88 (blue cherries), Ricercar SPOS
Smallest to biggest keyboards in inches (Length X Height) - Length is most important for a midline mouse position

KBC Poker: 11.6 x 3.9 - HHKB: 11.6 x 4.3 - Siig Minitouch (Geekhack Space Saver): 11.6 x 6 - Deck/Tg3 82: 12 x 6 - Noppoo Choc Mini 12.4 x 5.3 - Compaq "MX 84u": 13.1 x 7.5 - Filco Tenkeyless: 14 x 5.3 - Cherry "ricercar spos" G86-62410EUAGSA: 14 x 7.75 - Topre Realforce 86u: 14.4 x 6.65 - Desko "elbowglue spos" MOS 5023 UP: 14.5 x 8.4 - IBM Model M Spacesaver: 15.3 x 7 - G80-1800: 15.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-125B: 16 x 7.3 - Compaq Mx11800, Cherry G80-11900: 16.25 x 7.5 - Filco Standard: 17.3 x 5.4 - Unicomp Endurapro: 17.9 x 7.1 - Adesso MKB-135B: 18.3 x 6.0 - Cherry G80-3000: 18.5 x 7.6 - IBM Model M, Unicomp Customizer: 19.3 x 8.27

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #88 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:37:27 »
Quote from: ripster;123690
Lesseeee:  Welly underwear review or Huha "critique sandwich" reviews.  Which one would a manufacturer prefer?

or a ripster patented sledge hammer :)

my personal favorite is the ripster patented 9 foot drop ;)

"Blah blah blah grade school blah blah blah IBM PS/2s blah blah blah I like Model Ms." -- Kishy

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #89 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:41:14 »
How about the ripster patented keyboard-BBQ ;)  

Come on Metadot, what've you got to fear? :-D

Offline timw4mail

« Reply #90 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:44:00 »
Why do we have so many ways to mutilate keyboards?

Offline wellington1869

« Reply #91 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:45:40 »
Quote from: timw4mail;123702
Why do we have so many ways to mutilate keyboards?

hey i just have sex with them ;) Ripster's the violent one ;-D

Offline alpslover

« Reply #92 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:49:51 »
Quote from: yode;123625
someone buy the model S to see if the scanrate issues are fixed. Then return it FA FRAY.

on the das keyboard web site, they don't actually mention anything about a newer version of the das.

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #93 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:55:40 »
Quote from: alpslover;123707
on the das keyboard web site, they don't actually mention anything about a newer version of the das.

They spent two minutes in the box.  They feel shame.

Offline timw4mail

« Reply #94 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 10:58:10 »
Why do you guys make keyboards so sensual?

Offline itlnstln

« Reply #95 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 12:16:37 »
Quote from: timw4mail;123713
Why do you guys make keyboards so sensual?

I think it's the subtly humorous juxtaposition of a non-sensual object with the sensual being.

Or, in layman's terms, "they do it for the lulz."

Offline msiegel

« Reply #96 on: Wed, 07 October 2009, 13:02:14 »
something you touch all day long every day isn't sensual?

hardly! :D

Offline JBert

« Reply #97 on: Thu, 08 October 2009, 04:10:01 »
Technically, anything that makes it suck less is an improvement.

Also, the fact that they OEM it is not the issue. The fact they didn't even bother to check it for defects is.

The storage list:

[/SIZE]

Offline msiegel

« Reply #98 on: Sat, 10 October 2009, 01:32:28 »
Quote from: ripster;124251
Rule 34.

come to think of it, is there a rouge's gallery of keyboard models around here?

you know... just pictures of various models, without all the dialogue
XD